News Livestream: Elite Dangerous Battle Cards (24/05 - 7:00 PM BST)

Really? Card game? I know You guys started to talk with the community and trying to solve some crusial issues with the game - and it will take a lot of time, but... Many of us are just waiting for some major content update to get back to the game once again.

I don`t want to talk here abot some dissapoitment about many things, maybe You guys could focus more on adding new ships to the game, new mechanics to the game, lore to the game... TO THE GAME? Not wasting Your human resources on producing another project...

ED is great, for new player it`s a quite adventure, but lack of end-game is connected with lack of content after 1000-2000h of gameplay. How many times We have to grind the same things? It`s boring. So we are waiting for some MAJOR changes, not adding a side project connected with ED...

But I am just a customer :)

played it last week for the first time. cool game ;)

Not wasting Your human resources on producing another project...

afaik this is not developed by frontier, only sponsored/tutored. i don't think they have invested much time in it. you are right in that development is stagnant, but blame frontier's crusade to conquer the world instead, that's what's keeping them busy, not these guys who have nothing to do with this and are just trying to get a card game out.

Boardgames are more popular in 2018 than they ever have been. I visit a boardgames convention most years, and play most weekends!

I have a friend that has gone from playing video games to playing board games and his son plays both. You only have to look at KickStarter to see that board games are a creative and vibrant gaming genre. I recently went to a gaming cafe in Croydon which was heaving.

As a multi-player experience, board games have the advantage of not having to rely on servers at all, though that does carry the obvious disadvantage of all players having to be co-located :)

So in this age of magic instant communication tools to anywhere in the world, people gonna sit round a table and play swap card games and sing Abba songs, drinking Watney's Party 7 - why not go the whole hog and turn the electric off and play by candlelight for that true 1970's feel - Jeeeez..wept!

And thank you for your confession Mr Lewis, the answer to this obsession lies in getting back to work and stop using your minions to do your dirty work it's obviously sending you a bit Too.. Retro!

You do know that not everone is a clone of Rob at Work, don't you? My three nephews and my niece enjoy board games and weren't around to enjoy such 70s delights. Though admittedly I do play board games with my friends (after badminton) and like ABBA.

I suspect that Ed is hard at work for the launch of JWE.

Last edited:
Today, May 24, the Commanders are cherished by Frontier

The Livestream "Elite Dangerous Battle Cards" and the "Bonus Week"

+1 Frontier

Really? Card game? I know You guys started to talk with the community and trying to solve some crusial issues with the game - and it will take a lot of time, but... Many of us are just waiting for some major content update to get back to the game once again.

I don`t want to talk here abot some dissapoitment about many things, maybe You guys could focus more on adding new ships to the game, new mechanics to the game, lore to the game... TO THE GAME? Not wasting Your human resources on producing another project...

ED is great, for new player it`s a quite adventure, but lack of end-game is connected with lack of content after 1000-2000h of gameplay. How many times We have to grind the same things? It`s boring. So we are waiting for some MAJOR changes, not adding a side project connected with ED...

This game was produced by Spidermind Games, a third party company, we had nothing to do with its production. We're just helping to promote it because it's a very cool thing made by some wonderful members of the Elite Dangerous community.

This livestream isn't replacing any other content, it's not getting in the way of any other production, it's just something cool we wanted to showcase.

Remember, we'll be sharing all the new information as and when it's ready to share about the upcoming features in Elite Dangerous, about 3.1 and 3.2. We're currently working on the next set of focused feedback forum articles, and will share more with you when possible. We also run livestreams that focus on the latest news, see: Squadrons Q&A, Community Goals submissions, and any of the pre-launch information we cover. We also share all of the latest updates on the forums, in our newsletters and on our social media channels.

Please do come along to enjoy the stream tonight! It'll be a lot of fun playing a fun game made by some fun people.

Cheers!

As someone who not only obsessively plays those newfangled computer games, but also owns several shelves worth of strategic board games (which can be as complex and challenging as some 4X PC games mind you), I'm interested. Nothing like a nice quiet evening with good friends around the table. We might even listen to vinyl records while playing. Must be because we're technophobic old farts stuck in the 70s.

Thanks Ed & Will! Will be watching, and don't mind the haters.

Last edited:

EDIT: I See Ed got to you already....

Last edited:
This game was produced by Spidermind Games, a third party company, we had nothing to do with its production. We're just helping to promote it because it's a very cool thing made by some wonderful members of the Elite Dangerous community.

This livestream isn't replacing any other content, it's not getting in the way of any other production, it's just something cool we wanted to showcase.

Remember, we'll be sharing all the new information as and when it's ready to share about the upcoming features in Elite Dangerous, about 3.1 and 3.2. We're currently working on the next set of focused feedback forum articles, and will share more with you when possible. We also run livestreams that focus on the latest news, see: Squadrons Q&A, Community Goals submissions, and any of the pre-launch information we cover. We also share all of the latest updates on the forums, in our newsletters and on our social media channels.

Please do come along to enjoy the stream tonight! It'll be a lot of fun playing a fun game made by some fun people.

Cheers!

Can we play Brittish Bulldog next week Ed..Pretty Please?

Is it too much to ask that these livestreams be announced in-game, in the same way that maintenance/update shutdowns are announced?

Didn't have the time to watch the stream yet. Is this a 2 player game only, or is there a possibility for more players? Actually prefer card games with up to at least 4 players...

A short summary of the main points from the stream would be great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom