Discussion Log file shelf life?

Hey all I'm pretty new to the journal logs and any elite related API's in general.

Just wondering if the .log files have a limited shelf life? Should I concern myself with storing the information in a separate place or will the log files always be in their respective folder?

Thanks.

Hey all I'm pretty new to the journal logs and any elite related API's in general.

Just wondering if the .log files have a limited shelf life? Should I concern myself with storing the information in a separate place or will the log files always be in their respective folder?

Thanks.
Don’t remove them!
They contain valuable information that someday you’ll want.
For example I’m writing a tool which will read all your previous logs and make the data available to you.

Thanks.
Keep those logs safe in their default location!
Tools like the MFD cougar cockpit display (due to be released soon) have the ability to read those logs and create a rich source of information that you can interrogate and use on a daily basis.

Sorry to chime in here. How about if I had log files previously but been deleted due to formatting of HDD etc. is there a way to pull the history data from ED directly into EDSM for instance? Thanks

EDSM can (theoretically) access approximately 30 days history via the Frontier API. Anything more would need to come from your local records (if any).

Top Bottom