Track Rides [Log flume] Niagara Waterfalls

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proudly presenting you:

The Niagara Waterfalls

It's a log flume with just one big drop (29mt), the layout is heavily inspired by Mirabilandia's Niagara log flume (IT).

I like to build things constantly thinking at how they could be made and placed in a real life theme park.
For me realism is everything so I planned almost every object I placed.
(Needless to say it took me more than 10 hours to plop down every bush and rock in the area, haha!)

So here it is, my first after-launch work.

Enjoy the shots!

P.S. I should be able to upload an on-ride video this evening.

0jWlvmP.jpg

PXQrpiL.jpg

MdP1Txe.jpg

5Grn0D5.jpg

2bhqCpr.jpg

zxsAgKI.jpg

23sWIo0.jpg

Bye!

Good job! I love how you used the little splash downs and covered the edges up with the terrain! Could only improve on one thing. Don't let that leaf in the track :mad: It will take away all your dreams.

Good job! I love how you used the little splash downs and covered the edges up with the terrain! Could only improve on one thing. Don't let that leaf in the track :mad: It will take away all your dreams.

OOHHH DAYUM! It was the same thing I thought when I double checked the screenshots, too bad I noticed too late.
Well I guess my parents won't be that proud of their son anymore. [squeeeeee]

OOHHH DAYUM! It was the same thing I thought when I double checked the screenshots, too bad I noticed too late.
Well I guess my parents won't be that proud of their son anymore. [squeeeeee]

You don't deserve to be with them anymore :mad:
Go play RCTW you terrible at realism person!

Last edited:
Wow it's beautifull :D !!!

so that piece that looks like blended in in the water? is just some terraforming at the track :p ? damn !

This is beautiful! The surroundings are charming and the scenery is detailed, but most of all it really captures that classic, relaxing log-flume atmosphere. Great stuff [yesnod][up]

Wow it's beautifull :D !!!

so that piece that looks like blended in in the water? is just some terraforming at the track :p ? damn !

This is beautiful! The surroundings are charming and the scenery is detailed, but most of all it really captures that classic, relaxing log-flume atmosphere. Great stuff [yesnod][up]

Thank you my masters! [heart]

de-lady-signer yes, it's just terrain terraforming around the "splash area" (or whatever is called) special track piece! [yesnod]

Thank you my masters! [heart]

de-lady-signer yes, it's just terrain terraforming around the "splash area" (or whatever is called) special track piece! [yesnod]

that is such a great idea ! may I use it for inspiration ;) want to make my own log flumes very soon haha ! [heart]

that is such a great idea ! may I use it for inspiration ;) want to make my own log flumes very soon haha ! [heart]

Yes it is, the only problem is that you'll have big restrictions. I for example, wasn't able to cover the totality of the concrete wall due to the "track obstruction" problem. But you don't see that in the screenshots! [praise]

Yes it is, the only problem is that you'll have big restrictions. I for example, wasn't able to cover the totality of the concrete wall due to the "track obstruction" problem. But you don't see that in the screenshots! [praise]

Haha well thats good to know :p looking forward to start building the log flumes already haha :D ! wooop !

Video is up! I kinda rushed it but I literally have zero time.

[video=youtube;km1-icDKl8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km1-icDKl8I[/video]

Really nicely done. I have one small question that might help me and others: how do you get that smooth panning of the scenery in the beginning?

Really nicely done. I have one small question that might help me and others: how do you get that smooth panning of the scenery in the beginning?

Thanks, just switch to freelook camera mode (by pressing T), open the game options and lower the camera speed to the minimum.
Then you basically record the video while moving the camera with W,A,S,D,Q,E, and your mouse.

It'll take you a few tries before getting a good looking smooth panning, but then you're good to go!
(Also mine weren't even close to good attempts. It took me just around 30 minutes to make the video, including recording and montage.)

Top Bottom