LOLz The Nameless sites are going silenced

I'm sure we can find a community solution to prevent over farming, especially if it's focused on the one system around Colonia that has a decent number of anarchy settlements for everyone to use. Any help to keep these going would be useful as the does seem to be a genuine worry about these (as a console player it doesn't affect me... yet). I'd have thought it would even need to be a lot of effort, just a 'put things back as you found it' type of approach so people coming up to Colonia can still make use of them later.
I think dev is understaff to fix bugs now. But in future hope they can design an unique CG mission that specifically offer large amount of mats. That CG mission can be even a standalone mode as CQC, offer each player a limited retrys to challenge weekly. All dev need to do is design a small numbers of good ground structure, change guard configuration, patrol routes, winninng condition and reward types weekly (like hitman elusive target + starcraft2 co-op mutation mode). No notoriety, no repeated grind work, just an above average difficulty but amusing challenge to inspire players to win good amount of mats while enjoying stealth, shooting skill with different weapons, co-op, advantage of observation on NPC behavior ...

I was thinking about discussion on things like triathlon races with onfoot, SRV and ships.
But now look at this forum, players complain grinding while dev get stuck in bug fixing :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure we can find a community solution to prevent over farming, especially if it's focused on the one system around Colonia that has a decent number of anarchy settlements for everyone to use. Any help to keep these going would be useful as the does seem to be a genuine worry about these (as a console player it doesn't affect me... yet). I'd have thought it would even need to be a lot of effort, just a 'put things back as you found it' type of approach so people coming up to Colonia can still make use of them later.
I'm trying to help maintain a few nearby anarchies in the bubble. Pushing factions into negative states usually provides a lot of easy restore and reactivation missions, but it does look like people tend to favour the populated settlements and just move over to another system. Under the current system, if people do farm anarchies, it would be preferable if they target native(!) non-player factions which have less than 5% influence left. The harm is already done there and they can't really lose control of settlements if they can't get into conflict.

That said, the easiest solution would be to fix the bug/oversight so that you lose reputation with anarchy factions just as you would if you destroyed their ships. People would be less inclined to repeatedly farm settlements if they turn Hostile after a while.

Last edited:
I think dev is understaff to fix bugs now. But in future hope they can design an unique CG mission that specifically offer large amount of mats. That CG mission can be even a standalone mode as CQC, offer each player a limited retrys to challenge weekly. All dev need to do is design a small numbers of good ground structure, change guard configuration, patrol routes, winninng condition and reward types weekly (like hitman elusive target + starcraft2 co-op mutation mode). No notoriety, no repeated grind work, just an above average difficulty but amusing challenge to inspire players to win good amount of mats while enjoying stealth, shooting skill with different weapons, co-op, advantage of observation on NPC behavior ...

I was thinking about discussion on things like triathlon races with onfoot, SRV and ships.
But now look at this forum, players complain grinding while dev get stuck in bug fixing :ROFLMAO:

I'm trying to help maintain a few nearby anarchies in the bubble. Pushing factions into negative states usually provides a lot of easy restore and reactivation missions, but it does look like people tend to favour the populated settlements and just move over to another system. Under the current system, if people do farm anarchies, it would be preferable if they target native(!) non-player factions which have less than 5% influence left. The harm is already done there and they can't really lose control of settlements if they can't get into conflict.

That said, the easiest solution would be to fix the bug/oversight so that you lose reputation with anarchy factions just as you would if you destroyed their ships. People would be less inclined to repeatedly farm settlements if they turn Hostile after a while.
I think it's going to be a while before FDev can actually sit down and look at this and apply something to stop it, should they wish to (although shooting faction NPCs should absolutely lose you rep regardless of bounties so hopefully that gets implemented), but when you look at the whole issue, it is something that everyone could work with. We have a very attractive farming system with a lot of settlements. If everyone descends on it, that will disappear, which will be bad for us and people wanting to farm the materials. What we're hopeful of is it being possible to try and maintain some sort of balance.

Assuming we all want to try working together on this the intention will be to keep this going for everyone to benefit- as with the failed attempt keeping superpower ships in Colonia- as a viable option for farming the settlements on a long term basis so players have a reliable source. Hopefully this can work better this time.

All it needs is a bit of care to make sure the damage from farming is offset without going too crazy as expanding the faction everywhere isn't something we want to do either. Looking at Colonia, there are precious few anarchy settlements outside of Carcosa and it's unreasonable to expect players to stay away and nor would we want them to if we can work to build something useful.

I think it's going to be a while before FDev can actually sit down and look at this and apply something to stop it, should they wish to (although shooting faction NPCs should absolutely lose you rep regardless of bounties so hopefully that gets implemented), but when you look at the whole issue, it is something that everyone could work with. We have a very attractive farming system with a lot of settlements. If everyone descends on it, that will disappear, which will be bad for us and people wanting to farm the materials. What we're hopeful of is it being possible to try and maintain some sort of balance.
(...)
All it needs is a bit of care to make sure the damage from farming is offset without going too crazy as expanding the faction everywhere isn't something we want to do either. Looking at Colonia, there are precious few anarchy settlements outside of Carcosa and it's unreasonable to expect players to stay away and nor would we want them to if we can work to build something useful.
Yeah, I didn't really mean it like setting up anarchies specifically for farming. Firstly, you can just as easily get your materials at other government types. Secondly (and in an ideal world), FDev should change the mechanics and the (mission) reward system so you don't really need to farm like that in the first place.

Not getting reputation hits for murdering anarchy settlement inhabitants is starting to feel like not just an FDev oversight, but a more or less deliberate move to give players an easier method of farming materials with no significant in-game repercussions so as to minimise the amount of complaints on that end. Maybe anarchies (which are still one of the most unique government types for me) should go the way of the dodo, I'm interested to see what their response would then be.

Yeah, I didn't really mean it like setting up anarchies specifically for farming. Firstly, you can just as easily get your materials at other government types. Secondly (and in an ideal world), FDev should change the mechanics and the (mission) reward system so you don't really need to farm like that in the first place.

Not getting reputation hits for murdering anarchy settlement inhabitants is starting to feel like not just an FDev oversight, but a more or less deliberate move to give players an easier method of farming materials with no significant in-game repercussions so as to minimise the amount of complaints on that end. Maybe anarchies (which are still one of the most unique government types for me) should go the way of the dodo, I'm interested to see what their response would then be.
Not so much setting up as such, but if players are going to do it anyway, it would be nice to try and make it sustainable.

Just sold about 200M in exploration data at Wells Astrophysics for the Nameless... hope it helps o7

200-6.gif

Top Bottom