Engineers Long range fragment cannons?

So i have looked everywhere and found nothing on fragment cannons with long range mod on them, has anyone tried them? What was the result? Could it make them viable at mid range?

So i have looked everywhere and found nothing on fragment cannons with long range mod on them, has anyone tried them? What was the result? Could it make them viable at mid range?
There is no Long Range mod for Fragment cannon, so it have Double shot, Efficient, High capacity, Lightweight, Overcharged, Rapid fire and Sturdy mod.

A fragment cannon provides its damage by scattering shrapnel, just like a shotgun. There is no use in creating long range versions, because that would scatter the projectiles to far apart to do effective damage. Keeping the projectiles closer together would recreate the effect of a multicannon burst. There is no need for such modification.

There's nothing for you with engineering - however, there is a power play item that might fit the bill - I don't have it myself, so I can't tell you if it's any good, but I'm fairly sure the power play frag cannon's effect is a tighter dispersal cone which will give the sort of effect you're saying you want.

However, a frag cannon is a shotgun by another name - even with better range, it's still going to be a close range deal.

There's nothing for you with engineering - however, there is a power play item that might fit the bill - I don't have it myself, so I can't tell you if it's any good, but I'm fairly sure the power play frag cannon's effect is a tighter dispersal cone which will give the sort of effect you're saying you want.

However, a frag cannon is a shotgun by another name - even with better range, it's still going to be a close range deal.

The pacifier frag cannon I believe. Great fun to use and very effective with double shot. Runs out of ammo pretty fast though.

Long range Frag = Cannon.

using a real life SHOTGUN ammo to compare it looks like this:

Frag Cannon : Birdshot ammo
normal Cannon = Slug ammo
Pacifier Cannon = Buckshot Ammo

shotgun_ammo_types_explained.jpg

Last edited:
Long range Frag = Cannon.

using a real life SHOTGUN ammo to compare it looks like this:

Frag Cannon : Birdshot ammo
normal Cannon = Slug ammo
Pacifier Cannon = Buckshot Ammo

So it's birdshot for shooting birds and buckshot for shooting bucks - what if you need to shoot a bull?

My bad, the coriolis outfitting has it on it but after looking further you are correct long range mod doesnt exist for fragment cannons sadly

And the reason i thought long range would be good is because i figured it would tighten the shot grouping and the removal of fall off damage, all in all i was hoping it would make for a better all purpous shot gun with range and damage but as i found out it was a error in coriolas web page

And the reason i thought long range would be good is because i figured it would tighten the shot grouping and the removal of fall off damage, all in all i was hoping it would make for a better all purpous shot gun with range and damage but as i found out it was a error in coriolas web page

No Hyperion conference call in this game, sadly. ;)

As someone else said, you want the effect of Frag at longer range? No problem, get a cannon, mod it for either long range or extra ammo (depending on what you're doing, duels or CZs, if duels go long range, if CZs go extra ammo) with the high yield special, a pair of these in medium WRECKS multiple enemy modules each hit, and often one shots Vipers and smaller (with shields down).

That is exactly what the pacifier does. Just compare the profile of a normal frag and pacifier on coriolis.

Top Bottom