Long Start Loading Screen PS4 Pro

hey there!
i am experiencing a long loading screen till i reach the home screen, it's about 5 minutes until the yellow boxes in the left corner appear.
i already re-downloaded the game, but it's still the same. i also tried starting other games, it only happens with Elite Dangerous.

i'm playing on a PS4 Pro. i don't think it's normal, my buddy is playin on a normal ps and he has a much shorter loading time.

Any ideas? :/

thanks and

greetz

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
hey there!
i am experiencing a long loading screen till i reach the home screen, it's about 5 minutes until the yellow boxes in the left corner appear.
i already re-downloaded the game, but it's still the same. i also tried starting other games, it only happens with Elite Dangerous.

i'm playing on a PS4 Pro. i don't think it's normal, my buddy is playin on a normal ps and he has a much shorter loading time.

thanks and

greetz

Hi and welcome,

Not sure what is going on there, I am on the Pro and I don't see that issue. Is your HD pretty full? (clutching at straws).

You could try rebuilding your PS4 database.

See: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...-system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/

Hope that helps.

Try the rebuild datbase, see how you go.

Do this. I just wanted to chime in though, because I've noticed the loading screens are much longer if my internet is having a slow day, the orange squares being particularly susceptible to this. How's your 'net connection?

Try the rebuild datbase, see how you go.

I did it, but nothin changed...

Do this. I just wanted to chime in though, because I've noticed the loading screens are much longer if my internet is having a slow day, the orange squares being particularly susceptible to this. How's your 'net connection?

I got like 11 mbit/s download and 2,3mbit upload.

Is the game loading data from the internet when i start it? im talkin about the screen BEFORE the yellow squares in the left corner appear.
i push X on my ps homescreen to start the game and then i see the games logo for more then 5 minutes until the squares appear.

I did it, but nothin changed...

I got like 11 mbit/s download and 2,3mbit upload.

Is the game loading data from the internet when i start it? im talkin about the screen BEFORE the yellow squares in the left corner appear.
i push X on my ps homescreen to start the game and then i see the games logo for more then 5 minutes until the squares appear.

Well that sucks. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? How much free space have you got? Is Elite the only game that does this?

Hi all,

I have a normal PS4 (not pro) and I have this same problem since day one of downloading the game. The "load time" varies from 2 minutes to about 5, every time!

cheers,
CodeR70

hey there!

thanks and

greetz

I have this same issue, and Support sent me this work around. Start PS4 Pro>load ED. while the ED Logo screen is up (where you wait) PS4 button back to the "ps4 dashboard". go to settings>Network. click the "Connect to the Internet" check box off, then recheck it. Go back to your game and you should now see the game loading to the Frontier Logo screen followed by the ED press X to continue screen.

i do this every time to load the game until they get a full fix in place.

I have this same issue, and Support sent me this work around. Start PS4 Pro>load ED. while the ED Logo screen is up (where you wait) PS4 button back to the "ps4 dashboard". go to settings>Network. click the "Connect to the Internet" check box off, then recheck it. Go back to your game and you should now see the game loading to the Frontier Logo screen followed by the ED press X to continue screen.

This works for me as well. Thanks so much!

omg thank you so much, it works!!!! :)

breaking news:

don't know if it has something to do with the workaround, but my buddy and me tried to wing up yesterday for more than 1 1/2 hours. nobody saw an invite. :(
we tried everything:
- relog, login at the same time
- same system, same station
- private group
- sending comm invites

after more than an hour i decided to start the game without the workaround, and then it worked, i finally saw the wing invite pop up.

why is it so difficult to get in wings with friends from the same country/region? :S

i have heard of some "workarounds" as well, but it's quite sad to do a list of workarounds to make the wing function work as intended...

greetz

Last edited:

Thank you! After a long time since last I played ED, I got a PS4 Pro and wanted to go interstellar again. This “fix” is still what is needed to play, so thank you so much again!

Best trick ever, I was going crazy with this loading screen, thank you very much for sharing this tip you got.

Top Bottom