Long Super Cruise (my) top speed caps 600c?

Aparantly the max SC speed is 2001c. Without being near stars planets or stations, in a trip to a station 254kls why am I stuck at 600c?

No I'm not using SCA... it's a waste of OI space
twJqs9h.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
It's limited and reduced because you're at some point nearing another Star. That limits your max. c.

Now if you were headed off into the black and away from any Star, you'd be able to reach and see 2001c.

PS.
As far as I remember, even a trip to Hutton Orbital tops out well below 2001c due to eventually approaching the Star down there again.
I have no idea how far you'd have to be away from any Star to see 2001c, but it's a tremendous distance. A mere 100.000Ls is nothing compared to it.

In a previous conversation I was doing a passenger mission that was shorter distance than Hutton, (I was suckered into the free conda bait) and I got up to 1600c. And people were badmouthing me for using SCA which, again then, I was not.

I just happen to be a couple of hours of Super Cruising away from the main star and I'm happily cruising at 2,001c.
The 30.0km/s to 2,001c acceleration time is 20 seconds.

So, what exactly are you stating here?

(Not a hostile question, a genuine question, as I'm thoroughly confused ad the point you are making)

So, what exactly are you stating here?

(Not a hostile question, a genuine question, as I'm thoroughly confused ad the point you are making)
Well, things do change in ED so the fact that I am at 2,0001c means that it hasn't.
I've also been at that speed for a couple of hours and a long way from anything.

If you have a target selected, your ship accelerates up to a peak value - assumingly depending on the taget distance - and then it's time to hit the brakes and decelerate or you might overshoot your target significantly.

My 2 ct about "lightspeed"...

Aparantly the max SC speed is 2001c. Without being near stars planets or stations, in a trip to a station 254kls why am I stuck at 600c?

No I'm not using SCA... it's a waste of OI space

< SNIP of blurry picture >

Doesn't that hurt your eyes?

I am currently out on a trip in my AspX and I can confirm that your 600-odd c at about 100,000ls seems correct (I am guessing that is what those blurred figures show). As the gravitational field at that distance is what governs the attainable speed.

So, letting my ship carry on in deep space away from the star I crossed 1,000c at about 260,000ls and then at 750,000ls the speed was 1,350c. - I then carried on with my journey as I couldn't be bothered to see how long it took to get to 2001c. I hope that helps you feel a bit happier about the speeds you are seeing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom