Ships Looking for a bit of advice on the vette build

Hello, I have been tweaking my build trying to find best combo, but am looking for advice. I enjoy this build but keep going around and around on the weapon loadouts. Note I have a 7a shield cell currently unequipped and heavier armour also I just rarely need it . I mainly do pve assasination missions and rarely take it to a cz anymore . I have thermal resist bi-weaves in the hanger but prefer the prismatics because of suicidal npc vette pilots. Really only doing wing solo assasination missions and light combat duty. The class 3 hardpoint vexes me, kinda worthless it seems. I am also wondering if I should go to long range on the beams for those fleeing ships boosting out .

Well, this is mine.

Used mostly in CZ or wing assassination missions.
the SCB are there only as a safeguard - they dont see much usage. Basically when i'm focused by the entire SpecOps wing

If you need materials, swap some modules for a size 3 collector and a size 5 cargo rack

Ya build is a shell I swap in extra cargo racks as needed for missions. Anyone have any fun choices on the size 3 hardpoint might switch to turret since it is so hard to get it to line up on target

For PvE I like the bi weaves more, because prismatics takes ages to recharge. But if it works better for you, go for it.

You're also vulnerable to chaffing. I fly a multipurpose vette similar to yours, but with other weapons.

Two rails in the smalls, two turrets in the mediums, one high cap corrosive multi, one emissive long range pulse, and two huge fixed efficient thermal vent beams. The large is a bit useless, at the moment I fitted a missile rack with fsd interrupt... for reasons... :whistle:

I looked around the build a bit. Two main points that seem "wrong" to me.
1) Switch the MC engineering from efficient to overcharged and put autoloader as an experimental when not using corrosive.
2) Those hull reinforcements... switch them to heavy duty from lightweight. Lightweight is a terrible engineering choice for HRPs: it provides no resistances and its armor value is poor.

Some additional pointers.
1) Use one of the smalls for feedback cascade railgun if you find SCBs annoying.
2) The C3 hardpoint can be a pain if you use projectile gun there and hitscan on the huges as those either cannot hit at the same time or they can hit on a very narrow range at the same time. With that C3 MC having that terrible spin up time this problem gets even worse. I used a laser there in my corvette to get around this issue (efficient burst) but I also had my huge hardpoints a bit more energy efficient (efficient bursts there too) to get more damage per energy (11,6 vs 8,2).

I looked around the build a bit. Two main points that seem "wrong" to me.
1) Switch the MC engineering from efficient to overcharged and put autoloader as an experimental when not using corrosive.
2) Those hull reinforcements... switch them to heavy duty from lightweight. Lightweight is a terrible engineering choice for HRPs: it provides no resistances and its armor value is poor.

Some additional pointers.
1) Use one of the smalls for feedback cascade railgun if you find SCBs annoying.
2) The C3 hard point can be a pain if you use projectile gun there and hitscan on the huges as those either cannot hit at the same time or they can hit on a very narrow range at the same time. With that C3 MC having that terrible spin up time this problem gets even worse. I used a laser there in my corvette to get around this issue (efficient burst) but I also had my huge hard points a bit more energy efficient (efficient bursts there too) to get more damage per energy (11,6 vs 8,2).
I appreciate the good feedback. My build didn't import right for some reason, My C2 auto cannons are overcharged. Would switching to overcharged on the C1 turrets auto cannons be a significant increase in dps? Is emissive munitions not worth it? I am on my way now to engineer a gimballed burst for the C3 will give it a go. At some point I will make my way to Jean and switch out those hull modules, they are an old legacy mod which I never changed (my Shields don't go down often). I assume deep plating would still be best experimental effect on those.

I'd say that's a very decent Vette build for the task (y) Depending on how you use the beams (together or without the MCs?), you could consider long range on the lasers.

Huge hardpoints are heavy hitters, Corvette's spécialité de la maison 👌.You want fixed weapons there for maximum damage output. Two long range beams are pretty sweet. I prefer two fixed short range cannons. Absolutely devastating and very distro friendly. Some cmdrs use fixed muticannons with long range mod because of very fast projectile speed.

That C3 hardpoint? Ideal for seeker missile pod, reverb cascade torpedo (my usual choice in open), and all sorts of turreted weaponry (corrosive shell multicannon, scramble spectrum laser, beam). Why turreted there? Because of better reach, it fires more often than gimballed version and you don't need to worry about aim.

Top Bottom