Horizons Looking for a graphics quality setting in the .ini's.

I copied my old .inis and it looks like that may have been a mistake. Planets aren't loading in as they should, remaining low quality even while in high orbital flight. My VRAM usage is low, GPU usage is only 60% around the average planet, and the game is running off of an SSD, so there shouldn't be any loading issues, yet I get regular pop-in when the planet is filling my screen and it's not even updating to high quality textures. Everything in the menu is on it's highest setting.

I've looked over the .ini half a dozen times and can't find what could be causing the problems. Any suggestions?

There were a couple new entries made in the new version. Just delete your old one (keep a backup somewhere, just in case) and let the launcher validate your game files. It'll recognize the missing .ini and download the correct version.

There were a couple new entries made in the new version. Just delete your old one (keep a backup somewhere, just in case) and let the launcher validate your game files. It'll recognize the missing .ini and download the correct version.
Tried that, everything is still fuzzy as all get-out on my approach.

Fixed it anyways though. I finally noticed that whenever I'd exit the game and go back in the texture quality would revert to low, I wasn't getting close enough to the planet for it to become available before. There were not special permissions on the graphicsconfig file and it wouldn't stay set to ultra so I went and edited it so that the low presets were the same as ultra. Uploading a before and after so that people who think they have a similar problem can judge. It'll be edited in in a minute.

Oh, I also downloaded Malek's reshade presets, so there will be some discrepancies between vanilla ultra and that.

Edit: Alright, here's the screenshots.

So some of the presets are tied with each other, which means giving instructions for this is kind of tricky. If you poke through the config file you'll notice some references to "If X setting is set to A, default Y setting to B", so I can't give a de-facto way for everyone to fix this because people using custom settings to min-max their graphics profiles won't necessarily have to change all of the lowest settings involving planets. You may have to swap a medium or high setting profile for the Ultra, or something similar. All I did to get my results, however, was copy all of the settings in the presets I was using to low, which was the preset that planet detail was defaulting to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom