Parks Lord of the Rings Theme Park

Hey everyone! I've been working hard over the past couple of nights, creating the start to my Lord of the Rings theme park.

So far I've been concentrating on Hobbiton, building a few houses (including Bagend) and deciding which ride to add to the area - I'm thinking something like a kids themed coaster.

I plan to add several themed areas from the movie like Bree, Rivendell and Mount Doom. I also plan to add appropriate rides to each area.

Anyway, take a look at some of my screenshots and let me know your thoughts. It would be great if you could give me some ideas too!

Thanks - James.

KmVKLio.jpg

NUCkGmC.jpg

fshlbh7.jpg

yAZW8jo.jpg

eKuh2X4.jpg

VBmzp2u.jpg

EGzuhuE.jpg

Last edited:
seriously cool!

Once we get transport rides, you could have your train running through Hobbiton for all your peops to look at. Looks great!

Last edited:
well that looks really awesome. let us wait for the fairitail scenery (sry i dont know if i write it right).
Looks cool and gave me some inspiration! thnx :)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Wow, that's some astonishing work you've done there in Planet Coaster! It looks awesome.

well that looks really awesome. let us wait for the fairitail scenery (sry i dont know if i write it right).
Looks cool and gave me some inspiration! thnx :)

I think you mean 'Fairytale' [happy]

Looks wonderful, great work, a great idea for a slow ride to see all the parts of it - Mordor next? what about the elf kingdom? keep up the great work

Give us some round doors! [big grin]
Good job, looks like Hobbiton despite of what I've just said, the ambiance is there for sure.
My wife is currently working on recreating Rivendell but don't know if she will succeed to do so

Last edited:
Park Update

Thanks for the feedback. You've all encouraged me to keep going with the park!

I've continued to add more Hobbit holes, a river that runs through Hobbiton (complete with a little stone bridge) and the first ride of the park - "Bilbo's Barrel Ride".

The ride is accessed through Hobbiton village, around the river and up the hill. Guests can peer into one of the houses to see the coaster meandering through the inner parts of ride. Guests then continue passed Bilbo's house and continue to queue though Bilbo's barrel store. They then hop the coaster that makes its way through the workshop and over the edge of a waterfall. It continues to loop around the underground lake, twisting and turning through Bilbo's caverns before arriving back to the safety of the loading station. Guests leave the ride through a different passageway they entered, leading them back into the entrance of Bilbo's house. The ride picks up a reasonable amount of speed but is mainly targeted at children. Let me know what you think?

Thanks, Jay

Tn5rjgN.jpg

SrLx7cN.jpg

gqCBilW.jpg

8qHRpxE.jpg

tsXqIig.jpg

VsZfNhG.jpg

nG9rBSe.jpg

fxp9g0D.jpg

6VMUGNg.jpg

Top Bottom