[Lore] Please explain why rebuy price goes up for more experienced NPC?

-10 points for using the word “telepresence “

instant fail for using the phrase “3D printing”.

Lorewise, why is an experienced pilot more expensive to rebuy than a inexperienced one? Why is recovering a cmdr free?

...or are we just not even pretending anymore ?

Insurance deductible is higher for insured things that have had a lot of insurance claims. Experienced pilots have been around long enough for lots of insurance claims to be paid out. :D

That said, I'm perfectly happy with "On destruction, you can rebuy everything for 5% of what you originally paid" and just leave it at that - nice and simple. Resuming your game after being killed is a mechanism that happens outside any immersion, so I think it's ok for that happen outside the fiction too.

Last edited:
Why is Project Manager with an MBA more expensive to hire than an intern?

For the win, Alex:

What+is+Common+Sense+C+300.jpg

Lorewise, why is an experienced pilot more expensive to rebuy than a inexperienced one? Why is recovering a cmdr free?

Because so many complained during the beta that crew rebuy was "too cheap". o7

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, what?

I haven't been around much.
We can rebuy our SLF jockeys now? 🤨

Also, recovering a CMDR is probably free for the same reason that rescuing somebody from a real-life shipweck is free.
Course, if we can now rebuy our SLF jockeys, it rather contradicts that possibility.

Re-imprinting a fresh clone with the mind of a seasoned warrior is a costly endeavor. Even more so when the applicable grey matter wasn't recovered in good condition. I mean, not that I would... Well, know anything about Tionislan cloning procedures as I'm the real Lori Jameson.

Re-imprinting a fresh clone with the mind of a seasoned warrior is a costly endeavor. Even more so when the applicable grey matter wasn't recovered in good condition. I mean, not that I would... Well, know anything about Tionislan cloning procedures as I'm the real Lori Jameson.
NPCs don't need to be clonned nor "re-imprinted"... they are/were not even in your ship!

Well you are at -10 and instant fail already.

That is almost like asking why more experienced NPC pilots ask for more pay or A rated modules cost more to buy back than E Rated

Top Bottom