Lost 30+ mill due to a bug that shouldn't exist.

Was playing in multi-crew with two of my friends, we spent hours fighting pirates for a mission that had a head count of 65 and a reward of a bit over 30 mill. We suffered through: multiple multi-crew disconnects, U.I. bugs, control lockups and horrid audio bugs with the fighters to get through it all. When we managed to complete the mission what do you think was the outcome?

Was it:

A. The host merrily took us to the mission origin so we could turn in the quest using the station mission board while still being part of his crew ensuring we didn't lose out on our effort.

B. The host merrily took us to the mission origin, turned in his mission and then the game allowed us to turn in the mission using the mission board while we were still part of his crew, ensuring we didn't lose out on our progression.

C. The host merrily took us to the mission origin, turned in the mission, the game registered that we completed the mission in a secure location and then we had to actually leave his multi-crew and turn it in from where ever we were parked, ensuring we would not lose progression.

D. The host merrily took us to the mission origin, turned in the mission, the game registered that we completed the mission with the host. Then we had to disconnect from the host, physically travel to the place the mission giver is and turn in the mission there ourselves, ensuring we lost no progression.

E. The host going to the mission origin with us, sharing the mission, having us accept. Then having to turn it in and drop multi-crew because we can't interact with anything in a station while being part of it. This forcing an instance change which apparently can wipe the location where the data that denotes the completion of the mission is stored and us having to physically be there if we are lucky enough to have it still be registered as complete. (hint: I wasn't the lucky one)

If you chose E, then CONGRATULATIONS, you must be the autistic employee/s working at FDev that are responsible for designing this system. I find it very offensive how you do not have any respect for my time or your own work, given that the only person/s capable of designing a system so excruciatingly obtuse and predisposed to failure could not have possibly ever interacted in any way with the product they are working on.

When I am already forced to choose between having fun playing with my friends (being able to offer multi-crew) or progression (proper mission sharing for those who can and will field their own ships in a wing) through the game because you can only multi-crew or wing (and surprisingly there are people who love to multi-crew and don't want to deal with the complexity of maintaining or outfitting a ship, me not being one of those, for the desperate troll already trying to reach for that low hanging fruit), because hur dur a cap of 4 players on a wing/multi-crew mix is a heretical idea. I get kinda upset.

When you expect me to spend hours upon hours of grinding in your game while not giving any about having a secure means of recording my progress, sorry 30 mill isn't an irrelevant amount of currency for me, Elite isn't the only game I play in my life. I get pretty upset.

When you design every part of your game from the menus to the way missions are turned in to waste time and be un-intuitive. It angers me.

When you put all of this together, it ing infuriates me.

Fix. This. Pathetic. Display.

Last edited:
Top Bottom