Lost it all

You might petition support and explain your error and plea your case. I have no idea if anything can be done, as it wasn't a bug or in game error that caused your loss.
I did the same thing when I first started, not understanding that once I chose to return to my Sidewinder my destroyed ship and modules would be gone. It's what actually motivated me to build a PvE Corvette, and start experimenting with various other ships.
I would wager that if you keep playing you'll never make that mistake again.
o7

I like to sit by the nav beacon in shinrarta dezra with my fully engineered anaconda and fighter crew and accidently must have hit a good guy no problem i got blown up and ended up at a penal station but when i did the buy my ship back page i misunderstood something and ended up with not a weapon and most modules gone it took forever to get this stuff and its all gone. I honestly dont think i will be playing elite dangerous again!
No need for despair, no neede to contact support. You can have all the money that you'll ever need in the game soon.

Sell the Anaconda. Buy a T6. Fit it out with all economy cabins exactly like below, then fit a 4b fuel scoop and store a cabin. Fly to Robigo using the Road to riches tool to scan 15 high value systems on the way. Go to Robigo mines. sell the data and start doing the Sothis Atmospherics sightseeing missions. By this time tomorrow, you'll have enough for two Anacondas.

Anacondas are rubbish anyway. They only get you blown up. You can make a lot more money with a T6 and you can kill more ships with a Vulture.

OP, don't take it personally, it is or supposedly was stated a while ago, that one without sin, should cast the firs stone. There is no one whom has ever nor continues to play ED that hasn't committed the sin that you've committed. Hence the negative comments, all of us have been where you are more than once. So we can speak with authority and do just that.

To be fair - that rebuy screen was confusing a little. I made similar mistake years ago but with some cheap ship.

But generally it's INSURANCE. Same thing can happen if you buy very expensive ship and don't leave money for re-buy. This is why game always tell you what current re-buy is.

And if you had 150m fully engineered ship it's not like you did not know the game.

I dont think it's that confusing. You either select to rebuy your ship or get the free sidewinder. It's all written in easy words. It's translated in to numerous languages (afaik). You literally have to go out of your way to deselect modules for rebuy consideration. If you have an Anaconda and Elite rank in at least one category then it's safe to assume you know how to read. Also safe to assume you know how to do some research ( earning all the $$ for the conda probably involved a 3rd party app or 2 and a few youtibe videos. It's a mistake made by laziness in that he could be bothered to pay attention to what he was doing. I can't really feel bad for that.

Also if I did something stupid my first Instinct isnt to draw as much attention to myself about it as possible

Last edited:
Sorry you made the mistake OP, we all make them - I guess the degree of how silly they are and how hard you want to kick yourself for making it is the real question?

If you were enjoying the game then surely you will just carry on playing and enjoying the game until your back where you were. If you weren't enjoying the game (or feel the mistake still hurts to much) take a break and hopefully the itch to play will come back soon enough.

Might even be a chance to try something different, ship or career wise, in the game. <O

I did something in this game, one time, something stupid, something that cost me much more than a ship. My self respect, friends, reputation. It was a stupid move, done out of boredom and my IT background curiosity. I have to live with it forever now. So, there's much more to be lost in this game than a stupid ship you could literally buy back in a matter of a few hours of Robigo runs. I could take my Conda and go smash it into an Asteroid until it exploded and have it back in a matter of hours, or less. Suck it up, there are people out there having real Epic problems!

I did something in this game, one time, something stupid, something that cost me much more than a ship. My self respect, friends, reputation. It was a stupid move, done out of boredom and my IT background curiosity. I have to live with it forever now. So, there's much more to be lost in this game than a stupid ship you could literally buy back in a matter of a few hours of Robigo runs. I could take my Conda and go smash it into an Asteroid until it exploded and have it back in a matter of hours, or less. Suck it up, there are people out there having real Epic problems!
Geez man, what did you do, switch from PC to PS4?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I like to sit by the nav beacon in shinrarta dezra with my fully engineered anaconda and fighter crew and accidently must have hit a good guy no problem i got blown up and ended up at a penal station but when i did the buy my ship back page i misunderstood something and ended up with not a weapon and most modules gone it took forever to get this stuff and its all gone. I honestly dont think i will be playing elite dangerous again!

If it was a mistake, open a ticket with support on https://customersupport.frontier.co.uk/hc/en-us - they should be able to get you your stuff back.

I'm the same age as him and if I mis-clicked like that I might say some expletives, but then I'd shrug and carry on. It really doesn't take that much time to re-engineer new modules if you know the game.
Well I'm a little bit older at 70.
I have been in a similar situation when only a few modules were automatically selected for rebuy on the rebuy screen. I caught it before the deed was done. It did show me that the game was not perfect and reading is a skill that should be practiced.

C:\> del star dot star

["asterisk" seems not to be allowed]

Just contact the support and ask them nicely to help you - in case you didn't do it already
They're genuinely good and helpful

What else would you expect when someone tells the fans that the game they enjoy isn't fit for playing?
I think "attitude" has a bit to do with it.

Well I'd do what I do which is think 'whatever' and maybe just roll my eyes a bit. I wouldn't have bothered taking rotten fruit to throw at the people in the stocks either but that's just me.

Top Bottom