Lost my ship, no recall anymore?

until we're measuring everything in Planck lengths, it's all arbitrary gobledey-gook and subject to personal preference.

IDK I like having to buy tool sets that have both because everything is made in China.
How disruptive would it be for a country as large as the US to just convert overnight to a completely foreign system of all measures?
You both missed the joke, or you don't know what empire means.

Anyway, we changed from DM to Euro a few years ago and it went pretty well.

Last edited:
Yes, as it should be. Because most of the world uses the metric system. The only notable country that does not of course, is the US. But even NASA uses it since 1990, because of overlapping space programs. To avoid errors between the other countries who also contribute to shared missions.
Not sure why the US never got on board at the time many other countries standardized it. Today of course I can only imagine the change over would just be too expensive, signage, text books and education revamps, vehicle spedometers, etc.
Not sure what 471 meters has to do with the Kelvin scale, as that is a distance not a temperature. But even then, Kelvin and Celsius are both metric, so I guess I'd have to say -273.15C.
In grade school when they said, "we're changing to the metric system". I told myself, "There ain't no way my old man is going to buy into this sh*t". Apparently, he was not alone. Reason enough, at the time.

Top Bottom