I'm having the same problem as what I did during the Beta. Although during the beta it only happened to Career Mode but Franchise was fine. But this time for the full version it's happening to Career AND Sandbox (Franchise isn't working for some reason).

As you can see from the pictures the graphics of the animals and objects are low. From a distance you wouldn't even notice...Which is probably why it took me 2 hours to realise after finally getting my first animal (Aarkvard).

Anyway, Before starting the game I got a pop up window saying my GP Driver needs updating. Ignoring it I played the game and then eventually noticed the quality. So I figured it was my GeForce Graphics Card bcuz I remember it saying it needed updating. So I spend an hour updating the Drivers. But as you can see nothing changed. I've searched what GP Drivers are in Google (Had no Idea what they were if they weren't GeForce) and apparently it's my Windows that needs updating (which coincidentally, they need an update). Could it be this that's causing the low graphics? I haven't gotten around to updating Windows yet so can't confirm. Can someone with the latest windows version let me know?

Attachments

• 20191105175735_1.jpg
    20191105175735_1.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 1,505
  • 20191105180137_1.jpg
    20191105180137_1.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 805
Double check to make sure that your computer is using your graphics card for PZ, rather than your motherboard's graphics. It would be strange if it wasn't using it, but you never know.

In the in game menu, under graphics, the game will tell you what card it's using- if you have 2 installed (a lot of laptops do) use the in game drop down menu to choose the strongest one (likely the Nvidia card). This looks like a texture pop in issue, what setting is the 'Texture Resolution' set to? It's one of the graphics options. Try dropping it down a notch, and see if you notice anything improving. I would also definitely update windows, sometimes being behind on updates can cause weird issues. As a side note, have you restarted your game since updating your graphics card? That would also be important, to make sure the game is using the new drivers.

In the in game menu, under graphics, the game will tell you what card it's using- if you have 2 installed (a lot of laptops do) use the in game drop down menu to choose the strongest one (likely the Nvidia card). This looks like a texture pop in issue, what setting is the 'Texture Resolution' set to? It's one of the graphics options. Try dropping it down a notch, and see if you notice anything improving. I would also definitely update windows, sometimes being behind on updates can cause weird issues. As a side note, have you restarted your game since updating your graphics card? That would also be important, to make sure the game is using the new drivers.

I have a Desktop and the only Graphics card showing up is the only one I have...NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050. 😕 Also the Texture is on "High" which is the highest setting and I've reset the game many times since updating the Graphics Card. 😭

I'm having the same issue.. same card too. I updated everything before launch to avoid something like this.... :( I also tried toggling all graphics down and back up again... I really hope they fix this soon because it's one of the main reasons I was excited for this game.. the realistic animals .. but my reptiles all look like poop.

Hmm, maybe its a memory issue? How much RAM do you both have available? Are there any big programs running in the background? (other games,etc) anything taking up a significant amount of processing power? You can check this in Task Manager. I'd like to help- I have a much weaker Graphics card but I'm running everything on medium at a steady 30-35 FPS. Hopefully there's something to be done to get everything to show up correctly.

Which GTX 1050 do you have? If its the one with only 2gb of VRAM it might be running out of memory for the better textures and swapping automatically to lower ones.

As a test try turning ALL other graphics options to the lowest setting but Texture Resolution to High and see what happens.

Hmm, maybe its a memory issue? How much RAM do you both have available? Are there any big programs running in the background? (other games,etc) anything taking up a significant amount of processing power? You can check this in Task Manager. I'd like to help- I have a much weaker Graphics card but I'm running everything on medium at a steady 30-35 FPS. Hopefully there's something to be done to get everything to show up correctly.
I have 8GB of RAM. Also I made sure nothing else was running. 😕

Last edited:
Which GTX 1050 do you have? If its the one with only 2gb of VRAM it might be running out of memory for the better textures and swapping automatically to lower ones.

As a test try turning ALL other graphics options to the lowest setting but Texture Resolution to High and see what happens.

Says this on my GeForce app.

I have nothing else running and I'm also not experiencing ANY lag. Its running just fine. And the textures of the ground look amazing. Along with walls and guests. It's JUST animals, foliage, and SIGNS.

I tried turning all other graphics to low and texture rez to high... looks exactly the same except now EVERYTHING looks like dirt instead of just the animals... lol

I have the same issue, my drivers and windows are updated, I run the game smoothly on ultra and all the people, objects, plants and terrain textures look like they're supposed to. The animals however look really blurry and low textured. I'm hoping it's a bug that will be fixed soon. :(

Marked as Fixed on the issue tracker.. and any time someone posts a new one...

They refer to the "fixed" one... saying to post your details there?? :(

I've seen alot of people complain about it...Must definitely be a bug if everything to do with graphics is updated and even changed to the highest setting. 🧐 I've done one of those bug tickets anyway.

I've seen alot of people complain about it...Must definitely be a bug if everything to do with graphics is updated and even changed to the highest setting. 🧐 I've done one of those bug tickets anyway.
I just wish they'd at least confirm the issue so we know they care :(

Based on what someone else said about stuff being "Fixed"...Apparently this just means they've looked at the issue and are currently fixing it. Something like that. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong...
well they have a "confirmed" feature too.. where you can upvote it if you have the same issue.

Exactly the same problem here as well. In the Beta it only happened in Career mode, but now it's also happening in the other ones. I updated my graphics driver (also a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050) as well, but that didn't work for me either. The game runs perfectly besides the blurry animals / textures.

Top Bottom