LTD price nerf incoming?

Deleted member 182079

D
Actually, not sure now whether I read it in syschat or here (or reddit... if I could only remember). If you've not used eggsploits you'll probably be fine though.

If they do take back the CR it would be hilarious - through since a lot will have invested in FC ... could be tricky
If they would declare ”illicit” earnings null and void (and that is a big if) they would probably just roll back the affected accounts to an earlier date. This is much less demanding than trying to figure out what credits came from where.

Edit: Someone on reddit mined 16kton LTDs using the exploit. I bet that person would not be happy with a rollback ...

If they would declare ”illicit” earnings null and void (and that is a big if) they would probably just roll back the affected accounts to an earlier date. This is much less demanding than trying to figure out what credits came from where.
If you look back at how they handled the Rockforth Fertilizer exploit, it seems like they tried to calculate the amount of credits made that way, and then removed that many credits from the bank, and also removed any ships purchased after that date. Which left a few salty players with zero balances and a handful of mid-tier ships. In that case too, they didn't say anything until after they had fixed the issue and taken action - but since it was a simple server-side fix, people were only exploiting it for a day or so. The scope is a bit broader this time since this has been the earning "meta" for over a week now, and it probably requires a client patch to fix.

heard they did roll back some accounts late last year due to some exploit. again heard via system chat. The person said his was for doing some exploit, forget what one
There was something like that during one of the Interstellar Initiatives last year I think. They introduced new commodity and it was possible to buy and sell with huge profit in the same station.
But it lasted for a day, or something like that. They fixed it fast and nullifed those earnings for those few who took advantage and that was it.

Top Bottom