LTD price nerf incoming?

Yep. Once the new multi-trillionaires flocking in to mine LTDs realize that all of their trillions aren't going to buy them anything other than the FC, I foresee abandoned FCs littering the galaxy like used rubbers after a Deadhead festival.

As a lifelong Deadhead, I find this both deeply offensive and factually incorrect. Everyone knows Deadheads don't use rubbers.

Listen, sorry for picking on you in particular, it's not you, it's just this whole pointless discussion. I'll just say what I said pretty much at the beginning of this whole "OMG, they're nerfing the game so it will take two whole hours to get an imperial cutter!" thing :I really don't have a dog in that hunt since I've been playing this game since it came out 6 years ago and I still don't have the latest shiny. Because I don't care.

It's just not on. But if that's what's important to new players, then so be it. My suggestion, to cut back on the pointless whingy static all over the forums, which used to be at least amusing to peruse, is to just ask FDev to hand out 3 trillion credits on purchase of the game along with a fleet carrier.

That way everybody gets their participation trophy without having to go through the grueling grind of playing the game, and they can all go on to play the next "big thing".

Works for me.

Amen! Let's give everybody a trophy -- thereby 100% defeating the entire point of trophies! I remember playing Little League Baseball in the 70's where - and I'm NOT making this up - we actually KEPT SCORE. At the end of the game, there was a winner and a loser.

This (
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lfxYhtf8o4&t=4s
) should be required viewing for everyone under the age of 25.

I guess I'm just a bit cheesed of with them to be honest, I'm also making the huge mistake of overlaying how I play onto other players. I don't own an FC but if I did, I'd be far, far ,far away from any populated system. I arrive in my home system of Colonia and it's like the car park at Chessington Zoo, on a hot day in the middle of school holidays, they make the place look like a trailer park. I think I might have to move my base of operations.

They look like a swarm of blowflies crawling over a carcass. It's that fly type shape.

It would be impossible to "take back" LTD profits. There's more than one "egg". What if you find two ~20km or so apart so they basically reset each other once you go to the other one? Just asking for a friend.

Two separate points:

There's more than one "egg". What if you find two ~20km or so apart so they basically reset each other once you go to the other one? Just asking for a friend.
Depends entirely on what change is coming. If nothing changes except that fighters no longer reset the instance, or they grow the reset distance to beyond fighter max range, then sure that would still work. If they start tracking SSDs like surface mining so they only respawn after some number of hours, then not so much.

It would be impossible to "take back" LTD profits.
Tell that to the folks who had their balances zeroed out after abusing the Rockforth Fertilizer glitch.

I don't foresee a credit or cargo reset, but I do foresee SSD rocks getting similar reset mechanics as cores. Then everyone goes back to the laser mining meta with core/ssd as they pop up.

Then everyone goes back to the laser mining meta with core/ssd as they pop up.
Sub-surface mining the intended way still outshines laser mining when done well. Unless SSDs are put as shared resources with timers similar to those of cores or longer, it should still be more profitable than laser mining.

Now don't quote me on this , i heard it from a guy down the pub and he had a beard so its probably true , but anyone who has taken advantage of the "Egg" is going to be personally visited by David Braben , dragged screaming from their houses by his evil henchmen and publicly shot in the kneecap as a warning to anyone who wants to enjoy playing computer games. Remember , you havent seen me right?

Deleted member 182079

D
Listen, sorry for picking on you in particular, it's not you, it's just this whole pointless discussion. I'll just say what I said pretty much at the beginning of this whole "OMG, they're nerfing the game so it will take two whole hours to get an imperial cutter!" thing :I really don't have a dog in that hunt since I've been playing this game since it came out 6 years ago and I still don't have the latest shiny. Because I don't care.

It's just not on. But if that's what's important to new players, then so be it. My suggestion, to cut back on the pointless whingy static all over the forums, which used to be at least amusing to peruse, is to just ask FDev to hand out 3 trillion credits on purchase of the game along with a fleet carrier.

That way everybody gets their participation trophy without having to go through the grueling grind of playing the game, and they can all go on to play the next "big thing".

Works for me.
Starting to think along the same ways.

It's seemingly already, may as well go all the way and be done with it.

Now don't quote me on this , i heard it from a guy down the pub and he had a beard so its probably true , but anyone who has taken advantage of the "Egg" is going to be personally visited by David Braben , dragged screaming from their houses by his evil henchmen and publicly shot in the kneecap as a warning to anyone who wants to enjoy playing computer games. Remember , you havent seen me right?

THAT SOUNDS VERY SILLY, I'M CONVINCED IT IS UTTER BO**OCKS AND AS FAR FROM THE TRUTH AS YOU CAN GET.
/NDA

Unrelated question, I'm currently looking for a job as a town guard, any offers?

1593508607305.png

The only exploit reset, which we know of, was the engineering one, and mainly because it was kept quiet between those in the know.
Also imagine trying to reset 1000s of egg miners, what a cluster**** of a job to do :D
I suppose looking at it from a programmers point of view, you could see which accounts made ,say, 10 billion or more in the last 3 weeks ?(on top of the balance they had before the 3 weeks)
There have been other instances where they've rolled back credits gathered through exploits. It's automatable and they've done it before, though what they deem to be an exploit and how severe it has to be before they decide to do this hasn't exactly been consistent.
Those LTDs don't get into your hold without the server knowing about it so they could just whip up a script that parses their logs for a pattern of activity involving farming a single rock repeatedly across very short intervals. From there a script could track how many LTDs you gathered doing that, what you did with them and any assets bought with the proceeds so they can accurately delete it all without touching a single credit that was earned by other means.

There have been other instances where they've rolled back credits gathered through exploits. It's automatable and they've done it before, though what they deem to be an exploit and how severe it has to be before they decide to do this hasn't exactly been consistent.
Those LTDs don't get into your hold without the server knowing about it so they could just whip up a script that parses their logs for a pattern of activity involving farming a single rock repeatedly across very short intervals. From there a script could track how many LTDs you gathered doing that, what you did with them and any assets bought with the proceeds so they can accurately delete it all without touching a single credit that was earned by other means.
Agreed, can be done that way.
But FD won't, as they left it too long to fix and now 1000s have done it. Removing credits would be a major problem for FD now.

Top Bottom