LTD price nerf incoming?

So here's the patch, as far as my testing goes...

(maybe not news to anyone)

Going 25km away from asteroid resets it still. Relogging does not. I don't relog so I wasn't aware there was a patch, but tried today to see if there was and yep, shows "depleted" even though there should be minerals I did not mine.

So on the rock I found and get to mine all by my lonesome, 4 LTDs on rock, there is another decent SSD rock about 35km away. I can mine my golden goose egg, then jaunt off to the other rock and mine it, then back and forth. Each time the rock resets. Each time i am making a one way trip to mine, of about 35km. I use a Cutter with G5 DDs so it scoots along.

I see someone in system chat saying the patch Tuesday will include a LTD price nerf? Anyone else hearing this?
I think the prices might have gone to the newly nerfed norm now (try saying that fast 3 times). Seeing the highest station sell price on Inara at 1.1M instead of the old 1.6M.

That'll just be normal BGS state variation, and no-one having reported to Inara where the new highest one is.
(Or slightly wider than normal BGS state variation meaning that the combination isn't available at all, but on the scale of the bubble that's less likely)

That'll just be normal BGS state variation, and no-one having reported to Inara where the new highest one is.
(Or slightly wider than normal BGS state variation meaning that the combination isn't available at all, but on the scale of the bubble that's less likely)
1 million for me yesterday. But again could be as you say.

I am beginning to think there may have been a stealth change to LTD pricing after all. Last week, it was pretty typical for the galactic average to be around 560K, wasn't it? Even during fluctuations in the best selling price of LTDs between 1.1M and 1.6M, that galactic average didn't change much. Now the avg is commonly showing as 327K ...and it's been days since the best selling price was over about 1.2M. Could the BGS that manipulations that reportedly drive these prices be off the ball for almost an entire week? Or does that 200K change in the galactic average mean the days of 1.6M Cr/T for LTDs are a thing of the past?

Could the BGS that manipulations that reportedly drive these prices be off the ball for almost an entire week? Or does that 200K change in the galactic average mean the days of 1.6M Cr/T for LTDs are a thing of the past?

Would be hilarious for all those fleet carriers "passively" buying at 1.3m, waiting for a 1 jump 1.6m sale. Imagine getting 23k T full @ 1.3m , 30 Billion cr worth, and suddenly realising 1.6m cr LTD is never coming back. How long do you wait to find out? A month, a year? Or do you sell them all at a loss?

I was thinking the same thing... wondering what they know that I'm not seeing... or if it's just some folks hoping that nothing has really changed. Although I guess that with wing bonuses and such, there's still a (small?) profit to be made across accounts if the max price is now 1.2M? At least not a loss?

Would be hilarious for all those fleet carriers "passively" buying at 1.3m, waiting for a 1 jump 1.6m sale. Imagine getting 23k T full @ 1.3m , 30 Billion cr worth, and suddenly realising 1.6m cr LTD is never coming back. How long do you wait to find out? A month, a year? Or do you sell them all at a loss?

I mean, i think i wouldnt care very much at all... 23,000 x 1 million = 23 Billion credits. At that point, who cares about credits? You can buy anything and everything available ingame without care.

We aren't mining to be able to afford what's currently available in the game. We're mining to be able to afford the next great thing. And, yup, it's a complete leap of faith. But whether that's the ability to buy (or take over management of) a complete orbital somewhere (already in game, or in a location specified by the player (giving rise to the potential for completely new, player-created "bubbles"), or the ability to construct a complete, custom planet-based base (that your space legs will let you walk around in, and host gatherings for large groups of players?). Whatever. We're letting our imaginations be our guide.

Only thing we're assigning high-probability to is that if there's forthcoming, new, mega-content, it'll be a LOT more expensive than FCs...

That SSD-based mining is actually kind of engaging (for short sessions) and currently the highest paying activity is just a bonus.

We aren't mining to be able to afford what's currently available in the game. We're mining to be able to afford the next great thing. And, yup, it's a complete leap of faith. But whether that's the ability to buy (or take over management of) a complete orbital somewhere (already in game, or in a location specified by the player (giving rise to the potential for completely new, player-created "bubbles"), or the ability to construct a complete, custom planet-based base (that your space legs will let you walk around in, and host gatherings for large groups of players?). Whatever. We're letting our imaginations be our guide.

Only thing we're assigning high-probability to is that if there's forthcoming, new, mega-content, it'll be a LOT more expensive than FCs...

That SSD-based mining is actually kind of engaging (for short sessions) and currently the highest paying activity is just a bonus.

While i obviously cant speak for you, i rather suspect its more of the issue we see in the real world. People get obsessed with money and care for it over and above what you can buy with it. Makes no sense to my mind, but there is no other explanation for billionaires trying to avoid paying tax when they already have more money than you could spend in 100 lifetimes.

While i obviously cant speak for you, i rather suspect its more of the issue we see in the real world. People get obsessed with money and care for it over and above what you can buy with it. Makes no sense to my mind, but there is no other explanation for billionaires trying to avoid paying tax when they already have more money than you could spend in 100 lifetimes.
Money buys happiness. Those who do not think so either has too much or not enough. It allows one to insure their needs and the needs of those they care about are met. Properly handled, it is a resource that replaces itself while allowing one to acquire more resources which in turn, removes one worries.

When gathered in excess, it allows one to attain not only power over ones life but power over the lives of others, so much so that the truly wealthy dont count dollars, but the amount of people their wealth allows them to control.

I wasnt raised wealthy. Im not wealthy now. But I do know with a profound sense of certainty the if i were, i would undoubtedly be a happier person.

THAT is people chase money.

In the case of this game, more credits allow you to do more stuff and have less worries in game.

Ie:

i do not need money... I can pvp because i have millions of rebuys.

Or

I can use my new fleet carrier to explore... I have decades of upkeep funds...

Or

Trip to colonia? Ill just buy the fuel i need... Lets go.

Last edited:
Money buys happiness. Those who do not think so either has too much or not enough. It allows one to insure their needs and the needs of those they care about are met. Properly handled, it is a resource that replaces itself while allowing one to acquire more resources which in turn, removes one worries.

I wasnt raised wealthy. Im not wealthy now. But I do know with a profound sense of certainty the if i were, i would undoubtedly be a happier person.

Sure, it absolutely does. But there is NO functional difference between $10,000,000 and $10,000,000,000. They are both enough to be 100% secure and happy for multiple lifetimes. So why care about getting more? But people most certainly do.. despite that it actually has a negative impact on others.. (the value of any currency is intimately linked to how much of it is in circulation, so people having billions stored away actually makes everyone elses money worth less)

Sure, it absolutely does. But there is NO functional difference between $10,000,000 and $10,000,000,000. They are both enough to be 100% secure and happy for multiple lifetimes. So why care about getting more? But people most certainly do.. despite that it actually has a negative impact on others.. (the value of any currency is intimately linked to how much of it is in circulation, so people having billions stored away actually makes everyone elses money worth less)
Because the truly rich dont count their wealth in dollars but in the amount of people their wealth allows them to control. The more wealth, the more people you control, the more power you have.

Consider the owner of Monsanto.

Deleted member 121570

D

It's not in-game though. Everyone's money is not worth less, as the prices of things we purchase (excluding trade goods for generating more money), such as ships, weapons, etc are not subject to inflation and remain fixed.

There's no negative effects on other players of many players having large amounts of credits. I believe it's all quite deliberate on FDev's part so as to massively increase player resources to shift as many FCs as possible, thus demonstrating the success of the update. It'd have looked a total failure if only a few people bought FCs.

It's not in-game though. Everyone's money is not worth less, as the prices of things we purchase (excluding trade goods for generating more money), such as ships, weapons, etc are not subject to inflation and remain fixed.

There's no negative effects on other players of many players having large amounts of credits. I believe it's all quite deliberate on FDev's part so as to massively increase player resources to shift as many FCs as possible, thus demonstrating the success of the update. It'd have looked a total failure if only a few people bought FCs.

No i agree, the amount of money people have ingame doesnt have any impact on other players at all. But i still question the logic behind grinding money for hours and hours when you are already way past the point where you will ever even have to consider money ingame again. Why grind now for future content that may never exist? Youll have plenty of warning between beta of whatever and release to get it then, if it ever comes into existence. I think it is largely a weird obsession with money bleeding over from real life.

Deleted member 121570

D
No i agree, the amount of money people have ingame doesnt have any impact on other players at all. But i still question the logic behind grinding money for hours and hours when you are already way past the point where you will ever even have to consider money ingame again. Why grind now for future content that may never exist? Youll have plenty of warning between beta of whatever and release to get it then, if it ever comes into existence. I think it is largely a weird obsession with money bleeding over from real life.

I don't understand it either. But then, I've never done any grind in the game, and I've never really mined in the game either beyond unlocking Selene years ago so I could get armour for my Sidewinder. That was enough, as far as I'm concerned. Never again :D

i rather suspect its more of the issue we see in the real world. People get obsessed with money and care for it over and above what you can buy with it. Makes no sense to my mind...
But there is NO functional difference between $10,000,000 and $10,000,000,000. They are both enough to be 100% secure and happy for multiple lifetimes.

Those statements show a rather significant lack of understanding of capitalism, investment (outside of entrepreneurial drive), and even psychology, not to mention tolerance or allowance for vastly differing views on government and how government "invests" money it takes from citizens. I could list a dozen reasons, off-hand why "more = better, without bounds" for many (whether 2-comma multi-millionaire or 3-comma-club member), but this is not the forum for that (PM me or recommend an alternate forum for the discussion and I'll happily oblige if your opinion is other than religious in nature).

This forum is speculation on whether there's been an LTD nerf that will permanently impact the top-most price offered by stations for LTDs.

Those statements show a rather significant lack of understanding of capitalism, investment (outside of entrepreneurial drive), and even psychology, not to mention tolerance or allowance for vastly differing views on government and how government "invests" money it takes from citizens. I could list a dozen reasons, off-hand why "more = better, without bounds" for many (whether 2-comma multi-millionaire or 3-comma-club member), but this is not the forum for that (PM me or recommend an alternate forum for the discussion and I'll happily oblige if your opinion is other than religious in nature).

This forum is speculation on whether there's been an LTD nerf that will permanently impact the top-most price offered by stations for LTDs.

I take your point about offtopic.

No desire to have a conversation which will end in an argument, though, so dont worry about that.

I am beginning to think there may have been a stealth change to LTD pricing after all. Last week, it was pretty typical for the galactic average to be around 560K, wasn't it? Even during fluctuations in the best selling price of LTDs between 1.1M and 1.6M, that galactic average didn't change much. Now the avg is commonly showing as 327K ...and it's been days since the best selling price was over about 1.2M. Could the BGS that manipulations that reportedly drive these prices be off the ball for almost an entire week? Or does that 200K change in the galactic average mean the days of 1.6M Cr/T for LTDs are a thing of the past?
I think this would have been the line item for the change in the patch notes:

Commodities
  • Galactic average prices were updated.
The stealthy part was that they didn't say for which commodities

Top Bottom