Mac Version of ED

Apple Mac

just a quick question not sure if it been covered sorry if it has.

Q when the mac version comes out will you be able to mix with pc players? see as now days there basically the same thing with different os and you just get charged more for a pretty case lol

I would imagine so. Lord of the Rings Online mixes different platform users together, though I may have to ban all PC users from my group on principle ;)

when the mac version comes out will you be able to mix with pc players?

Of course not. For a game, we can not stop the war that lasts for decades between the world of PC and Apple

5220698.jpg

:D

Mac Version Progress and Release Date

Hi,

I saw in a past newsletter that the Mac version is scheduled for release "3 months" after the Windows version.

Does anyone know if development of the Mac version has started yet, and so how reliable the newsletter estimate might be?

Regards

Darren.

I saw in a past newsletter that the Mac version is scheduled for release "3 months" after the Windows version.

Does anyone know if development of the Mac version has started yet, and so how reliable the newsletter estimate might be?

They say in space, no one can hear you scream…. or cry or maybe compile… :eek:

Hopefully someone will answer us…. some time….

Possibly in 3 months... or so…. :(

Slopey

Volunteer Moderator
Hi,

Regards

Darren.

That's 3 months after release....... So, not yet.

Just a guess but I'd say that there will not be a mac version until at least April or May next year assuming that the final game is released at the end of this year which is Frontier's stated intention.

Just a guess but I'd say that there will not be a mac version until at least April or May next year assuming that the final game is released at the end of this year which is Frontier's stated intention.
Frontier have never said they intend to release at the end of the year.

Frontier have never said they intend to release at the end of the year.

They have said they intend to release BY the end of the year though, so, I think April/May next years seems a realistic conservative estimate.

Hopefully once all the pieces are in place it wont be too much of a job to port over.

(*who knows they may be doing it now and just keeping quiet about it)

As a PC user it is easy for me to be blasé about it, but, at least you beardy wierdos......... erm mac users ;) know it IS coming as it was one of the stretch goals :)

Last edited:
Bumping this thread now ED/Win has been released. Is there any factual news from Frontier about the OS X version yet?

No, we're still going on the "3 months" from the Windows release as far as I know. So that's probably March/April if we're lucky. We might get a better idea when more info about the Mac Beta arrives.

Mac Beta

No, we're still going on the "3 months" from the Windows release as far as I know. So that's probably March/April if we're lucky. We might get a better idea when more info about the Mac Beta arrives.

Is there any info about the mac beta ? I'd love to sign up for that if I can.

Status of the Mac version? And Will there be a public test period?

Now that the Windows version has been released, does anyone know how the Mac version is shaping up?

Top Bottom