Made a dreadful mistake..

So, this morning while running missions between Canopus and Exphiay, making use of the bonus Fed rank, when I selected what I thought was a 500ish t delivery run of explosive.. Ooops, nope. It's a wing mission and 5600 odd of explosives. That's not quite what I planned.. Oh, did I mention I started with less than a rebuy in credits?

So I was running data and cargo runs at 178t a time when I realised that I was not going to finish any time soon - and I have to finish, I'm too close to 100 abandoned missions and that's my limit. Duck off to upgrade the Phantom to a Python and back to it. 2 Fed ranks gained today.. A bundle more cash than I've ever made in a day before. And along the way, I realised I was having fun. There was no grind, it was just fun. I've got a new ship, a bundle of credits, and I've learnt a new (to me) way to make more. Just when I think I've run out of new things to do, I realise there is a whole other way of doing things.

I made a mistake yesterday. I had just transferred all the modules from one Corvette hull to a newly bought, cheaper one and at the end of a long session popped over to a local RES for a quick shakedown test to check I'd done the weapon grouping & power priorities correctly.

As I dropped into the instance the first ships that resolved on the scanner were a FGS & Cobra MkIV. I Scanned & KWS'd the FGS, it was wanted & in a wing of two so as I started to KWS the Cobra flying with it I opened fire before the scan had completed, but it wasn't the wingmate of the FGS, it was a clean ship :(

It popped really quickly too (as would be expected, I was in a Corvette after all) so my first kill with the 'new' ship & I got notoriety and a bounty in one of my home systems ;)

So I took an impromptu 2hr trip to gather some exploration data while I waited for the notoriety to cool off, and the ship got a rather more complete test than I had planned to give it ;)

Been a while since i did one of those, but isn't there a "Discard" function on the Transactions tab to clear it from the list?

Does Transactions have more than one meaning now?

It's a personal limit.

I thought I'd make the post because it wasn't yet another temper tantrum, I thought we could all do with some positive news. I mean, it's a good thing I took something that was a booboo and a nasty grind and made it fun, isn't it?

Oh well, additional challenge now, the mission timer is dwindling..

Oh.. And there does seem to be an awful lot of explosives going to Canopus.. My 5600t contract is not the only large one going. There's also a lot precious metals going the other way..

Oh.. And there does seem to be an awful lot of explosives going to Canopus.. My 5600t contract is not the only large one going. There's also a lot precious metals going the other way..
Sounds like they're going to rename the planet 'Praxis'. ;)

Speaking of big mistakes, I just made one now. One of those where you facepalm, say "Ohhh, that was bad, hope no-one saw..." then run to the forum to tell everyone about it.
I'm mat mining on a nondescript moon, looking for premium ammo reloads. I'm on this moon bloody forever looking for Antimony - can't find a bloody nugget. Two full refuels so far and still no Antimony. Ugh!

BUT - while bouncing over my four millionth low hill, I saw a line in the distance - ???
Looking closer, I noticed it was tracks.
Holy crap - there's another player down here somewhere in an SRV! I decided to follow the tracks. 50/50 chance if I'm going the right way of course, but it's interesting.
That was an hour ago.
I just figured it out now.
FF70DAC0EC4EF06BD1813AF4E804D4D5976D87AF

Yup... Devo's an idiot. (Facepalm!)

Last edited:
...I'm mat mining on a nondescript moon, looking for premium ammo reloads. I'm on this moon bloody forever looking for Antimony - can't find a bloody nugget. Two full refuels so far and still no Antimony.

In case you're still looking for Antimony: grab yourself a DSS, then hop over to Ahaurawai 4 d a or Ahaurawai 4 c a . Each of them with 1.3% of Antimony - but even better, each of them with Silicate Vapour Geysers.
DSS the moon of your choice, then land at any of the Geological POIs and shoot off the goodies from the vents. Antimony should be something with "crystal" in the name. You can pick up the scanner from e.g. Ryman Dock or Norman Horizons in Wu Kong.

Source: EDDB

In case you're still looking for Antimony: grab yourself a DSS, then hop over to Ahaurawai 4 d a or Ahaurawai 4 c a . Each of them with 1.3% of Antimony - but even better, each of them with Silicate Vapour Geysers.
DSS the moon of your choice, then land at any of the Geological POIs and shoot off the goodies from the vents. Antimony should be something with "crystal" in the name. You can pick up the scanner from e.g. Ryman Dock or Norman Horizons in Wu Kong.

Source: EDDB
Thanks! :)

This song is for those who make mistakes in Elite.

<Shakira - Try Everything song>

Interestingly enough "try everything" refers more to "male-female body interaction without procreation feature", "addictive medicines" and improper music styles than grand opera, endangered species protection and studying quantum mechanics.

This weekend alone....
I did the run to a hotspot and had no refinery. Ended up using nearby station as base and now change Pythons set up once I have load of LTDs to combat the consequent interdictions.
I stupidly left the Empire having done the four weeks necessary to buy prismatic, not realising you need to stay aligned to buy them!
Then returned to game to find my python having 7% Hull. An empty whisky glass there too...must be related.
Great fun!

Top Bottom