IMPORTANT: Magnificent Rides Collection coming on 18 December 2018!

And we are getting a new sci fi themed huntsmann[wink].
Now how about a boat ride being in this pack. It's only a wild guess,but since this pack contains mostly of wishes of the communíty from what i've seen so far,maybe it is[yesnod][haha][haha][haha]

Thanks Frontier, been hoping for a Rides DLC, not wishing to complain though, but isn’t a Grand Carousel suppose to consist of just Horses? Going by the screenshot it appears to be just a C&P job from the Venetian we already have?

Now time for an unpopular opinion

This is what the FREE anniversary update should have been. They broke the game on the anniversary and now are cash grabbing - fix the game - fix the coaster smoothness issue like your fans have been asking for, for years!!!

People have been loyal to the game, I have. i bought every expansion even the little ones because i believed in the dev's vision and where they were going. But now that sparkle has worn off. We used to get the dev diarys and it felt personal like the dev's actually wanted feedback. Now they don't answer any unpopular opinion or question. What went wrong? Spooky, Adventure and Studios were awesome, the 1st anniversary update was amazing.

World showcase is terrible 2 roller coasters that were the same thing. Now you show Boa on a different track and call it a new ride. Wonder how many more of these "new" rides are just re-works. I think you have lost the vision you once has now see us as a cash cow. I refuse to buy any more of these expansions until you fix the game, and i encourage others to do the same.

Edit
Just seen the re-worked huntsman - game over

Now you show Boa on a different track and call it a new ride.

Both the Mind Melt and the Tracker are rides made by other manufacturers. The Mind Melt was quite requested (Vekoma SLC). While they look similar they aren't the same.

I think you have lost the vision
I disagree. They put time and effort to bring rides WE'VE requested to see in game. (Mind Melt, Grand Carousel, and one of the screenshots appears to have a Schwarzkopf in it) They do a decent job of fixing and improving things; it's just not as fast as we feel it should be.

Now you show Boa on a different track and call it a new ride. Wonder how many more of these "new" rides are just re-works.

Kinda ties in with what I said above regards the Carousel [sad]

The ‘Vintage’ Pack rides in a way were just re-skins too, I sure hope that trend isn’t continued to much, a Helter Skelter, Chair-Lift, and a Paratrooper and I’ll be happy enough, I guess 9 brand new rides is asking to much.

@Phil i think everyone knows that Frontier is using basic scaffoldings for many rides so this is nothing new [weird]

Both the Mind Melt and the Tracker are rides made by other manufacturers. The Mind Melt was quite requested (Vekoma SLC). While they look similar they aren't the same.

I disagree. They put time and effort to bring rides WE'VE requested to see in game. (Mind Melt, Grand Carousel, and one of the screenshots appears to have a Schwarzkopf in it) They do a decent job of fixing and improving things; it's just not as fast as we feel it should be.

I am quite familiar with ride manufacturers TBH but for the games sake people have been using the Boa as A SLC anyway. I personally see more people requesting a chairlift and for the coasters to be fixed.

The latter issue has never really been formally addressed.

Things.people have requested since alpha haven't been addressed like Dual loading stations these are pretty much standard across themeparks.

Dont even get me started on the slopes of the water splashes been too steep and not customisable. My point is fix the game we've all paid money for.....well unless your a popular youtuber with an attitude.....no shade ....

Last edited:
Judging from the small timespan since the previous DLC and the fact that both the anniversary and the latest DLC (and the one before arguably as well) were so sparse on content; I can't help but suspect that at least some of this stuff was meant for the World's Fair or even a free anniversary patch. But some marketing higher-up decided to cut out the content in progress, sell it separately later and make more money with less effort.

Judging from the small timespan since the previous DLC and the fact that both the anniversary and the latest DLC (and the one before arguably as well) were so sparse on content; I can't help but suspect that at least some of this stuff was meant for the World's Fair or even a free anniversary patch. But some marketing higher-up decided to cut out the content in progress, sell it separately later and make more money with less effort.

I must admit I do feel the same. Also, I don´t find 9 rides that much for that price, but that´s subjective I guess.

Now time for an unpopular opinion

This is what the FREE anniversary update should have been. They broke the game on the anniversary and now are cash grabbing - fix the game - fix the coaster smoothness issue like your fans have been asking for, for years!!!

People have been loyal to the game, I have. i bought every expansion even the little ones because i believed in the dev's vision and where they were going. But now that sparkle has worn off. We used to get the dev diarys and it felt personal like the dev's actually wanted feedback. Now they don't answer any unpopular opinion or question. What went wrong? Spooky, Adventure and Studios were awesome, the 1st anniversary update was amazing.

World showcase is terrible 2 roller coasters that were the same thing. Now you show Boa on a different track and call it a new ride. Wonder how many more of these "new" rides are just re-works. I think you have lost the vision you once has now see us as a cash cow. I refuse to buy any more of these expansions until you fix the game, and i encourage others to do the same.

Edit

Hmm, you must realize that things work other way around. I must agree that I would like to see many things fixed. However, as people were buying the DLCs and thus supporting developers a lot, they were not motivated to fix the game. Why would they do that, if simply some rides and scenery DLC (along with a free update with some content and maybe new features) is enough?

Im feeling mixed with this - I haven't bought the small packs (back to future, munsters, knight rider) as i personally cant see me ever using them, i haven't yet bought the Studios pack nor Vintage pack - mainly for the same reason. Dont really like the vintage rides, as cant see me using them ever, and studios pack, i might buy one day but no rush for it.
I have bought the spooky, adventure and worlds faire pack, and while i was very happy with the spooky and adventure pack i wasn't that amazed at the world faire one and think it really lacked, yeah it had loads of different restaurants but theres only so many different stalls you can have, it definitely could have had more scenery with each of the world themes and maybe even a ride to match a few themes.
So with the rides pack - im not sure 9 is really worth it, 9 brand new rides then yes, 100% would be, but from what i see a re-skinned inverted coaster, a re-skinned Huntsman, Another carousel which yes has been asked for but just a bigger version really. I get that not everyone is the same, and EVERYONE looks for something different in the game, some want coasters, some want flat rides, some more scenery and you wont ever please everyone with everything.
I will wait and see the rest of the rides to see if i buy it or not for christmas.

Kinda ties in with what I said above regards the Carousel [sad]

The ‘Vintage’ Pack rides in a way were just re-skins too, I sure hope that trend isn’t continued to much, a Helter Skelter, Chair-Lift, and a Paratrooper and I’ll be happy enough, I guess 9 brand new rides is asking to much.

The Grand Carousel's in America (Disney , Six Flags) look like what they just created. Also when I went to Disney in Paris its the same thing so I think Frontier and Sam hit the nail on the head with an accurate carousel.

I must admit I do feel the same. Also, I don´t find 9 rides that much for that price, but that´s subjective I guess.

Hmm, you must realize that things work other way around. I must agree that I would like to see many things fixed. However, as people were buying the DLCs and thus supporting developers a lot, they were not motivated to fix the game. Why would they do that, if simply some rides and scenery DLC (along with a free update with some content and maybe new features) is enough?

When I say fix the game I'm on about since the theme makers toolkit. This game is broke the 15 mins waiting for the black screen to turn into the cobra screen. Then the game not closing properly. It's unusable in its current build. But frontier are more concerned about pushing paid for content and thats not right.

I haven't been able to play really since the TMTK even though I have contributed and put things on the workshop. I missed the alpha but have been around since the beta version. Just lately they seem to be making really bad decisions IMO.

Im feeling mixed with this - I haven't bought the small packs (back to future, munsters, knight rider) as i personally cant see me ever using them, i haven't yet bought the Studios pack nor Vintage pack - mainly for the same reason. Dont really like the vintage rides, as cant see me using them ever, and studios pack, i might buy one day but no rush for it.
I have bought the spooky, adventure and worlds faire pack, and while i was very happy with the spooky and adventure pack i wasn't that amazed at the world faire one and think it really lacked, yeah it had loads of different restaurants but theres only so many different stalls you can have, it definitely could have had more scenery with each of the world themes and maybe even a ride to match a few themes.
So with the rides pack - im not sure 9 is really worth it, 9 brand new rides then yes, 100% would be, but from what i see a re-skinned inverted coaster, a re-skinned Huntsman, Another carousel which yes has been asked for but just a bigger version really. I get that not everyone is the same, and EVERYONE looks for something different in the game, some want coasters, some want flat rides, some more scenery and you wont ever please everyone with everything.
I will wait and see the rest of the rides to see if i buy it or not for christmas.

That´s why I think bigger expansions with variety of additions (a bit of rides, a bit of scenery a bit of scenarios etc.) would work better and please larger audience.

When I say fix the game I'm on about since the theme makers toolkit. This game is broke the 15 mins waiting for the black screen to turn into the cobra screen. Then the game not closing properly. It's unusable in its current build. But frontier are more concerned about pushing paid for content and thats not right.

I haven't been able to play really since the TMTK even though I have contributed and put things on the workshop. I missed the alpha but have been around since the beta version. Just lately they seem to be making really bad decisions IMO.

I agree with you. But this direction was taken since the very first paid DLC. I bought some of them and then stopped, because I realized the game is not going where I personally expected it to go. I also must confirm that since the last update, I also have some problems with performace. And we are likely not the only ones.

So this screenshot has been creating a bunch of speculation that this is a Schwarzkopf, but there's one other thing I noticed. Traditionally, you have been forced to have a catwalk on lifts segments, without being able to turn them off. So, does this new coaster just not have a catwalk to begin with, is the catwalk not implemented yet, or did they finally implement a way to turn lift segment catwalks off/choose which side it is on? First two options are probably the most likely, but this does make me wonder.

Why is the new carousel reversed like RCT 1-3? The Venetian goes counter clockwise like US carousels, but the new one goes clockwise like RCT carousels. Why? I understand that British carousels are like this but not all of my parks are British. Just a minor nitpick.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Why is the new carousel reversed like RCT 1-3? The Venetian goes counter clockwise like US carousels, but the new one goes clockwise like RCT carousels. Why? I understand that British carousels are like this but not all of my parks are British. Just a minor nitpick.

I'm just happy that we finally get a grand carousel... [happy]

I'm just happy that we finally get a grand carousel... [happy]

For once.. and I can't believe I'm saying this... I actually agree with Joel... One of my most wanted rides..

I also agree though that this does seem like a cash grab that should have been 1.8/1.9 Additions. but regardless.. I'm going to shell out.

Top Bottom