IMPORTANT: Magnificent Rides Collection coming on 18 December 2018!

OMG did they actually break the code for continous station movement,that's nice!! Great job!
Can't wait for omnimovers now.[alien]

No they haven't and most likely never will because the station system seems really untouchable since the beginning. I you have ever played RCT in the past you should remember that it featured a chair lift and the station was always a little unrealistic where the car would simply wait before the big flywheel or wait at the end of the station. My guess is this will work the same in Planet Coaster, car comes into the station and stops at the turnaround point, guests get off, new guests get on, gates close and car continues. With some imagination this is like the nowadays fairly common detachable chair lifts.

I believe they could make it look like the cable is always moving by having the turnaround piece separate from the station. Not being part of the station the turnaround wheel would always be spinning. Just my 2 cents. I know nothing about programming.

I believe they could make it look like the cable is always moving by having the turnaround piece separate from the station. Not being part of the station the turnaround wheel would always be spinning. Just my 2 cents. I know nothing about programming.

The cable would be just a stationary thing with an animated texture, just like lift chains are already. And the big pulley would just turn without doing anything like the drive wheels on coaster tracks.

Remember, this is a computer game, not reality. There are no physical connections going on at all, it's all fake :) There's an algorithm underneath that is actually moving chunks of data (the peeps, essentially) around a mathematical model of the track. And there's a graphics engine that creates the illusion of physical objects actually moving around a real track. Seriously, it's all smoke and mirrors. All games work this way ;)

The cable would be just a stationary thing with an animated texture, just like lift chains are already. And the big pulley would just turn without doing anything like the drive wheels on coaster tracks.

Remember, this is a computer game, not reality. There are no physical connections going on at all, it's all fake :) There's an algorithm underneath that is actually moving chunks of data (the peeps, essentially) around a mathematical model of the track. And there's a graphics engine that creates the illusion of physical objects actually moving around a real track. Seriously, it's all smoke and mirrors. All games work this way ;)

WHAT? And I bet there's no Santa at your house either!

WHAT? And I bet there's no Santa at your house either!

Won't be any Santa, but that's because of the EU, Santas operation methods are illegal in the EU due to GDPR [big grin]

I must say regarding the DLC that while i eagerly await the release i must praise Frontier for their decision to hold the release, I know that you don't make that kind of call lightly and the late announcement was almost certainly due to last minute efforts to fix the problem, I hope it will be ready before Christmas but if it is delayed further i would understand that also, personally i think some kind of decision should come tomorrow and then we will know if we have to wait till 2019 or not, (i don't expect a release Friday before Christmas as if any serious new bug should present after release they will not have time to fix,

Could not disagree with you more about the last part of your comment, there's graphics engines to display what is going on and then there's physics engines which purely rely on physical interaction in the environment they are in to work properly (not scripted animations that don't need a advanced physics engine to work)

Ever worked on or with Flight and Racing simulators, I'm guessing not.

Ever worked on or with Flight and Racing simulators, I'm guessing not.

Actually, I've worked on nearly every kind of physical simulation: spacecraft, airplanes, ships, industrial equipment, you name it. Since the 1980s. So sorry, I must have been talking over your head ;)

My point is that how things appear to the user thanks to the graphics engine and how things are really done under the hood are completely separate things so what one is doing does not necessarily tell you what the other is doing. So, with a chair lift, the underlying algorithm might be mathematically modelling chairs physically attached to a continuously moving cable but the graphics engine is working with a fixed cable with an animated texture and sliding the chair along it as if they had their own motors. This is pretty much the opposite of what the physics engine is doing.

Basically, physics don't apply to the graphics engine. It can do whatever it wants regardless of what Isaac Newton says. It's job is merely to make it APPEAR that game objects are obeying the physics that are really going on under the hood. Thus, the methods used by the graphics engine to portray the underlying physics can, and usually do, technically speaking violate physical laws (chairs moving on a fixed cable despite not having motive power). That's just to make life easier on itself to push polygons. But if the graphics engine is still putting objects in the places and times that agree with the physics engine, then it creates the illusion that the objects are moving as the physics engine says.

Wow it's continuous!
12.20.2018-14.17.GIF

Top Bottom