NOTICE: Magnificent Rides Collection Delay

I don't think so. I mean, look at the sequence of events. Everything's going to their satisfaction right up until literally the last minute before release. Chairlifts are working fine, there's video and screenshots, everything's peachy. Then bam, indefinite delay.

To me, this looks like something fundamental to chairlifts had a hidden but seriously bad effect on existing stuff. IOW, chairflifts were working fine in isolation and even, superficially at least, in parks with other stuff. But a closer look showed something seriously wrong, like breaking the rest of the game somehow. We all suspect that Frontier had to change the inner workings of rides, coasters, and/or peeps to make chairlifts function in PC, so my prime suspect is that these changes caused malfunctions elsewhere that only showed up after more extensive testing.

If that's the case, Frontier has 2 main options: fix the chairlift issue or do separate releases. What everybody wants is to make chairlifts play nice with the other stuff in as timely a manner as possible. Frontier seems to be pursuing this option for now, which is a hopeful sign. It means they think they can do this. Also note, even if we end up with separate releases, Frontier will have to do this anyway if we're ever to have chairlifts in the game.

(...)
So yeah, I know it sucks to have things delayed, especially for folks who really need the bug fixes to work on their big projects. But at least take comfort in the fact that so far, Frontier thinks the problem with chairlifts is fixable and will be done sooner than the other options. That's a really positive sign IMHO.

Agree, but it could well be that the have known of the problem for a while, working in the same kind of industry i know you don't cancel a releasedate lightly, you usually set a time where you make a go/no go decision on the day scheduled (or as close to it as possible to allow for any rollbacks etc (in this case none) ) and then you work on solving the issue to that time, and if you have solved it (or very close) you decide to go and if not you dont,

The upsides are that they did not release something that causes trouble, and if it is due to some deep-down game change to allow for the chairlift we will probably see other rides in the future that can benefit from it i think, i mean if you spend a lot of time for just one function then when you have the function it can probably easily be used in other applications,

I do however hope that it is released tomorrow as i otherwise suspect it will take till after newyear, you normaly dont want to make a major release on a friday and certainly not the one before christmas, but this is of course my speculation, frontier may very well decide they think a release is worth the risk due to the holidays

Agree, but it could well be that the have known of the problem for a while, working in the same kind of industry i know you don't cancel a releasedate lightly, you usually set a time where you make a go/no go decision on the day scheduled (or as close to it as possible to allow for any rollbacks etc (in this case none) ) and then you work on solving the issue to that time, and if you have solved it (or very close) you decide to go and if not you dont,

The upsides are that they did not release something that causes trouble, and if it is due to some deep-down game change to allow for the chairlift we will probably see other rides in the future that can benefit from it i think, i mean if you spend a lot of time for just one function then when you have the function it can probably easily be used in other applications,

I do however hope that it is released tomorrow as i otherwise suspect it will take till after newyear, you normaly dont want to make a major release on a friday and certainly not the one before christmas, but this is of course my speculation, frontier may very well decide they think a release is worth the risk due to the holidays

Why not? Many games,atleast nintendo games were released on fridays,don't know why this friday is so different[wink]

I don't think so. I mean, look at the sequence of events. Everything's going to their satisfaction right up until literally the last minute before release. Chairlifts are working fine, there's video and screenshots, everything's peachy. Then bam, indefinite delay.

To me, this looks like something fundamental to chairlifts had a hidden but seriously bad effect on existing stuff. IOW, chairflifts were working fine in isolation and even, superficially at least, in parks with other stuff. But a closer look showed something seriously wrong, like breaking the rest of the game somehow. We all suspect that Frontier had to change the inner workings of rides, coasters, and/or peeps to make chairlifts function in PC, so my prime suspect is that these changes caused malfunctions elsewhere that only showed up after more extensive testing.

If that's the case, Frontier has 2 main options: fix the chairlift issue or do separate releases. What everybody wants is to make chairlifts play nice with the other stuff in as timely a manner as possible. Frontier seems to be pursuing this option for now, which is a hopeful sign. It means they think they can do this. Also note, even if we end up with separate releases, Frontier will have to do this anyway if we're ever to have chairlifts in the game.

The 2nd option, separate releases, would be a very bad thing to see happen. It would mean that Frontier can't fix chairlifts in a reasonable time, and maybe not ever, so they might end up abandoned. Note that the actual bug here is in the game executable, so merely disabling the chairlift audio and visual assets wouldn't solve the problem. Frontier would have go to back to some pre-chairlift version of the executable, then apply all the bug fixes and any other details required by the other DLC rides, then start over testing that for a while before being able to release it. So this option wouldn't speed up a release, it would only make a release possible at all in the event that chairlifts can't be fixed in a a reasonable time, if ever. And to get chairlifts working, they'd still have to go back and fix the problem they're working on right now (if that's possible). So really, I don't want to see this happen.

So yeah, I know it sucks to have things delayed, especially for folks who really need the bug fixes to work on their big projects. But at least take comfort in the fact that so far, Frontier thinks the problem with chairlifts is fixable and will be done sooner than the other options. That's a really positive sign IMHO.

Good to have someone that can put something on paper that completely makes sense to me and I couldn't agree more. [up]

What if they found a way to split guests group temporarily for this ride. But they didn't regroup after.... Sounds like something that could have happened. This just popped up in my mind. Of course that would depend on how the chairlift would function, but we don't know that. Just a quick thought in my mind. Might be nothing.

We don't know the nature of the problem, so it's all just speculation, however I think if the problem is in the chairlift system and that system is also part of the free update, I think it wouldn't cause problems as players wouldn't get a chance to use that system. It would be 'disabled'.

In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt if they told us what the problem is. I think a bit of an insight into the development wouldn't hurt at all, actually it would have exact opposite and probably, people would understand better how things are not that easy.

I understand completely that the bug stopping the DLC / Free update is not something yous want, but if it means you could release them without the chairlift for now, then I think the large majority of the fan base, which buying a rides pack, would be a loyal fan of Planet Coaster. If its possible, and you think it will be a while (especially with Christmas around the corner) id suggest releasing the DLC without the chairlift and add it as a minor update once its ready in a fully working state

Yeah, IF they made a significant change to how stations work, it would be wonderful for the future ;).

As to when they release this, I dunno. I doubt it will be tomorrow or they'd have said so by now. So I figure sometime in January at the earliest. You're just not going to get much constructive done making everybody work over the horrordaze, plus even if they have a suitable release candidate already, they still have to test it extensively so this last-minute delay doesn't happen again.

I tend to agree with Bullethead ^^^, but I also still wonder if my previous comment, which I probably didn’t make clear enough, might not have some validity. I do think the delay’s immediate cause is coding, based pretty much on the reasons Bullethead stated. My thinking went to and still goes to the deeper cause. Given Frontier’s history I wonder if their situation, i.e. legal standing, makes it necessary when doing coding to program the game in an alternative route than some might otherwise take. Thus, while coding is the immediate cause for delay, I wonder if it’s legal matters, such as copyrights and their ilk, that makes it necessary to take a route that may increase the likelihood of encountering delays. One prime example of this that’s gotten a fair amount of attention in the past is weather. I’ve read several comments in the past that have said “add weather” and if “RCT can have weather why can’t Planet Coaster, just do the same thing.” I wonder if they legally can do the same thing or does Frontier need to take alternate paths to build the game. But goodness knows I for one believe it’s a great game, backed by a great team and I’m certainly happy to give them the time they need to figure things out.

Having the Right to express my Opinion: I feel that the DLC should have been released minus the Chairlift. If all the other rides were ready to go, it would have been nice to get the DLC and the Bug Fixes released yesterday and have the issue with the Chairlift be worked on after the Holiday Break.

This has caused so much back and forth madness with the Community that I believe it has/could possibly affect how people look at Frontier as a Company in future purchases. Frontier has let down a lot of Community Members and have crushed a lot of people during the Holidays.

Getting the Community all hyped up via a LIVE stream by showing off the new game DLC, to posting a new ride each day on Social Media, just to be knocked in the head by this road block really HURTS!

To end this rant I believe that in order to allow the Team at Frontier to have a Stress Free last few weeks of the year, please release the DLC minus the Chairlifts for now. I would also like to see the Bug Fixes released as well.

I just want everyone at Frontier to have a Happy Holidays and enjoy the end of the year and not have to stress or work overtime over a Chairlift bug, we understand the Community wants Chairlifts, but we can wait, please allow us to enjoy the Beauty of the other rides during the Holidays Frontier.

Having the Right to express my Opinion: I feel that the DLC should have been released minus the Chairlift. If all the other rides were ready to go, it would have been nice to get the DLC and the Bug Fixes released yesterday and have the issue with the Chairlift be worked on after the Holiday Break.

This has caused so much back and forth madness with the Community that I believe it has/could possibly affect how people look at Frontier as a Company in future purchases. Frontier has let down a lot of Community Members and have crushed a lot of people during the Holidays.

Getting the Community all hyped up via a LIVE stream by showing off the new game DLC, to posting a new ride each day on Social Media, just to be knocked in the head by this road block really HURTS!

To end this rant I believe that in order to allow the Team at Frontier to have a Stress Free last few weeks of the year, please release the DLC minus the Chairlifts for now. I would also like to see the Bug Fixes released as well.

I just want everyone at Frontier to have a Happy Holidays and enjoy the end of the year and not have to stress or work overtime over a Chairlift bug, we understand the Community wants Chairlifts, but we can wait, please allow us to enjoy the Beauty of the other rides during the Holidays Frontier.

True, especially for people like me, who aren't that interested in the chairlift it would be nice[wink]
Have to get that tracker in my ratatouille ride and also want to experiment with the mack coaster[praise]

While we wait, ill start on my planned recreation of wild adventures, sans proper animals, maybe if i can find some on the thememakers toolkit, though. (Wild adventures has a s&s space shot, a slc, and a flying scooter, which are in this, but they have more rides of course. some people have said cheetah (their cci woodie) is rough, but it is'nt that bad really. there slc and boomerang are pretty smooth for standard vekomas with the old otsr(over the shoulder restraints)!
I have a cute video of me reviewing cheetah from when i was little, and i liked but didnt want to ride again, kid logic amirite? [wacky][hehe][hehe]

Give frontier a break

Hi all

It is indeed a stressful time of year with all the planning and festive cheer to forget about family fights and stuffing your face with food your dog would be envious of, The end of the year is approaching fast please think of what has come to the players thus far an awesome game with so much potential for creative magic its is truly astounding from a humble beginning R.C,T was good but this absolutely crushes all before it,

Looking at the original release video has evolved into a giant the custom content alone is amazing players adding lots of excellent workshop blueprints so this pack has a bug or two to kill good on them for being honest about it and not just being all about the dollars like some other games released around the same time as this oh like R,C,T world for example it was rushed out and was a terrible product many fans did not think highly of and subsequently destroyed the franchise.

Give it a chance to be something amazingly good go outside play with your kids and your dog enjoy the rest of your freedom for once this lands you will be locked in front of your computers scheming on how to use the new content to make your peeps loose their Christmas lunch all over the peeps below that spent all their hard earned cash on expensive gifts for family that will probably re gift it next year anyhow .

good luck with everything and if you try anything can be done it just takes time

merry holidays all.

I understand completely that the bug stopping the DLC / Free update is not something yous want, but if it means you could release them without the chairlift for now, then I think the large majority of the fan base, which buying a rides pack, would be a loyal fan of Planet Coaster. If its possible, and you think it will be a while (especially with Christmas around the corner) id suggest releasing the DLC without the chairlift and add it as a minor update once its ready in a fully working state

The chairlift is part of the pack (and is essential for them to include it as such to maximise sales), a number complained when DLCs in the past were supposedly 'not finished' so to then actually release a product that literally isn't finished just isn't going to work. Hypothetically if they were to do this I can't imagine just 'taking the ride out' is as simple as it sounds. Your suggestion unfortunately isn't feasible for several reasons. I'm sure they're planning to get it out this week and wouldn't be surprised if they're working overtime to get it out ASAP.

Hi all
<snip>
merry holidays all.

Well said :)

Top Bottom