COMPLETED CG Maintain Security In Gliese 868 (Bounty Hunting)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
What's that?
Cycle the instance when the anacondas stop spawning instead of killing Sidewinder/DBX pirates all the rest of the night..
Installations Auto refresh as the Pirate attacks end by default..
Hazres ship generation can trigger nothing but bad small ships with nothing bigger than sidewinders or eagles...
Resetting the instance by shutting the game down and then restarting can reset the ship classes that are spawning as you reset the hazres script ...
The more Human people in a haz res the more Ships that are generated to fight as well...

Last edited:
Ahh OK lol, I thought it was somehow linked to the shields... 😁
Na you can reboot any shield to 50% nothing to do with prismatic but it means Flying away from the action as they dont regen if shot at..
When you quit game and reload to reboot instance your shields will be better any way as the game will not send the last shield status data to server...

Wait, what? So if I quit game with, say, 5% in shields and immediately load it again, my shield will be more than 50%?
If the last time the dial home was when you took damage that dropped it from say 80% and the ambush takes you down to 5%, yes, the reboot of the game can take you back to 80%...
The client does a LOT of the work with out Talking to the server at all so the shield goes back up because the last dial home was never done before that 5% was reached...

Last edited:
If the last time the dial home was when you took damage that dropped it from say 80% and the ambush takes you down to 5%, yes, the reboot of the game can take you back to 80%...
The client does a LOT of the work with out Talking to the server at all so the shield goes back up because the last dial home was never done before that 5% was reached...
Nice to know. Although I would stick to "official" cheat reboot, sicne it's a) officially sanctioned by FD and b) faster than loading the game.

I use Bi-Weaves on my Corvette, together with a mess of Guardian Shield Reinforcements, Shield Boosters, and Shield Cell Banks.

Over the course of a bit more than an hour in HazRES combat, the Bi-Weaves generate a lot more shield hitpoints than the equivalent Prismatic ever would, I never have my shields broken, and I never have to stop for official or unofficial Reboot/Repair.

Aha, so what do you mean by official cheat reboot then?
Activate reboot\repair from the right panel, it will reset your shields to 50%, even if they are broken. However, you must NOT be taking any fire during reboot, and you must NOT fly faster than 50 m\s.
Obviously works on any shields, but best used on prismatics.

This little wonder appeared in 2.2.03, and is the last remnant of proposed shield rebalance. Surprisingly, but many veteran commanders (no to mention newbie ones) either forgot about it or just don't know (shield-recharging feature isn't mentioned anywhere in the game).

Activate reboot\repair from the right panel, it will reset your shields to 50%, even if they are broken. However, you must NOT be taking any fire during reboot, and you must NOT fly faster than 50 m\s.
Obviously works on any shields, but best used on prismatics.

This little wonder appeared in 2.2.03, and is the last remnant of proposed shield rebalance. Surprisingly, but many veteran commanders (no to mention newbie ones) either forgot about it or just don't know (shield-recharging feature isn't mentioned anywhere in the game).
Another caveat is you must not have any Guardian Shield Reinforcement modules installed.

Rarely need to resort to it on my BH Corvette with it's Bi-weaves, but can't do without it on my AX Cutter with its 8888MJ of shields. They would take 25 minutes to reboot by themselves, and an hour to get full strength. I'd just reboot any time I got out of combat below 50%.

An alternative is to turn off the boosters, as the generator by itself is usually much quicker. The shield will come back at 50% then but drop dramatically once the boosters are back on, but at least you have the option of using a cell at that point.

Last edited:
Another caveat is you must not have any Guardian Shield Reinforcement modules installed.
Huh, I thought they've fixed this bug long ago.

Anyway, SRPs are next to useless with prismatics. What's the point of extra 200 MJ if you already have 5-6 GJ? I usually pack some HRPs and MRPs - while rare, you can still lose your shields. This won't mean immediate death, but it will most likely result in module and hardpoint damage (especially if you catch a rocket or two). Which, in turn, leads to constant weapon malfunctions. On Corvette, large hardpoint is quite prone to this. Nothing dangerous, but can be quite annoying, especially if you don't have AFMU.

Huh, I thought they've fixed this bug long ago.

Anyway, SRPs are next to useless with prismatics. What's the point of extra 200 MJ if you already have 5-6 GJ? I usually pack some HRPs and MRPs - while rare, you can still lose your shields. This won't mean immediate death, but it will most likely result in module and hardpoint damage (especially if you catch a rocket or two). Which, in turn, leads to constant weapon malfunctions. On Corvette, large hardpoint is quite prone to this. Nothing dangerous, but can be quite annoying, especially if you don't have AFMU.
To be fair, I haven't tried it recently and didn't test it very thoroughly when I did. I'll test it again next time I'm in a station with a tech broker just to make sure I'm not giving stale advice.

Like you say, they're not all that appealing for massive shields. HRP's MRP's and even GMRP's if you can spare the power have more utility.

Last edited:
What happened to the installations/megaships, not getting any attacks. Has all this pirate murder raised the security level or something?

What happened to the installations/megaships, not getting any attacks. Has all this pirate murder raised the security level or something?
Check system status If its changed = thats why..
site like https://elitebgs.app/systems/59e7a8f6d22c775be0fe4ed2 track status changes

Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.

Noticed that my HazRES today was a bit - not drastically, but a bit - less busy than on the previous five days I've played. Also noticed that the CZs are gone though I'm not sure when that happened. I think they might have been gone yesterday as well.

So disappointed, yesterday just before I headed to bed my alt account was in the top 25% with 95 mill and the top 10% was 98 mill, so I thought I'd head out one more time to take me above 100 mil and then I thought I would be fairly safe in the top 10%. ended up with 102,465,492 mill.

Just checked inara to find I got knocked back down to the top 25% by 200k !!
200K more in bounties and I would of been 16 mil better off in rewards. :cry:

So disappointed, yesterday just before I headed to bed my alt account was in the top 25% with 95 mill and the top 10% was 98 mill, so I thought I'd head out one more time to take me above 100 mil and then I thought I would be fairly safe in the top 10%. ended up with 102,465,492 mill.

Just checked inara to find I got knocked back down to the top 25% by 200k !!
I was in a similar position to you; but, playing in late afternoon UK, I reckoned there'd be a late surge in the 10% threshold as both UK and US evening players sought to get themselves across it, so went on a bit of a rampage with my fully engineered Corvette and pulled in a handy Cr 31m in additional bounties, putting myself safely beyond any plausible increase in the 10% threshhold.

Unlucky, but at least you already earned 100 million and of course money is semi-irrelevant these days ;) [Edit: and most importantly, no non-cash rewards.]

On a related note though: has Artie ever published the actual shape of the distribution for any of the CGs (or at least the subset of the data that Inara can see)? It would be very interesting, even if it's skewed by the requirement to send data to Inara.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom