Major ARX bug

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I just discovered this. If you purchase ARX (or earn them in game, either way), those ARX are tied to your CMDR. They are NOT tied to your account.

That means if you clear your save after buying ARX, all your ARX disappear. What?!

Any paint jobs or stuff you've bought remain, but whatever ARX you had is lost. Even if you never spent any of it, but only just purchased it.

This is clearly wrong. I've submitted a ticket about it, and we'll see what FD says, but I figured I should warn the community about it.

Whoa... On PS4 before the days of Arx, not only did Frontier Points survive a clean start, but so did any store-bought cosmetics. This Arx wipe is clearly not Frontier's intent.

This is clearly amateurism.

Unforgivable for a company like Frontier.

But who runs the programmer analysts ?

Have they ever studied Merise ? Integrity constraints ? The primary keys ?

I realise this maybe a controversial topic but...

I'm completely OK with One Account = One Commander

admittedly that causes problems for people that want to play with multiple identities, or work around for storage/transfer constraints but that is by far the lesser of two weevils I mean evils given all arsebanditry around online PvP etc.

I realise this maybe a controversial topic but...

I'm completely OK with One Account = One Commander

admittedly that causes problems for people that want to play with multiple identities, or work around for storage/transfer constraints but that is by far the lesser of two weevils I mean evils given all arsebanditry around online PvP etc.
Doesn't have much to do with this bug. One account == one commander has been there since the beginning. But when you clear your save, you keep everything you ever bought in the store. Everything but Arx that is...

Everyone take a deep deep breath for a second and think about the situation.

Firstly, yes I agree those Arx that are PURCHASED should somehow be transferrable - problem is working out which Arx were purchased and which one's were earned.

Now for the free Arx earned by playing the game. From what I have read here, when you reset your account you lose everything. All your credits, ships, ranking all get zeroed out. The only thing you get to retain are the cosmetics. So in that regard it makes sense that the Arxs earned by playing the game are wiped to, just the same as credits/ships/rank.

The problem for FD is if they allowed the retention of Arx earned in game, how long before some bush lawyer decides that they should be keeping their rank or their ships or their credit balance based on 'but we get to keep our Arx' argument. I don't envy FD in this regard, it appears they didn't think the process through or just thought the Community wouldn't worry about a few dollars worth of Arx. Hopefully they will come up with a solution to the problem - maybe not giving Arx away for free and then treating a player's Arx balance as a cosmetic and outside of the game.

Hope they sort it for you soon @Codger

With all the 'enthusiastic' ARX threads around, there's no way this would be the first we'd heard about this particular 'feature' if it was 'working as intended'.

Firstly, yes I agree those Arx that are PURCHASED should somehow be transferrable - problem is working out which Arx were purchased and which one's were earned.

Now for the free Arx earned by playing the game. From what I have read here, when you reset your account you lose everything. All your credits, ships, ranking all get zeroed out. The only thing you get to retain are the cosmetics. So in that regard it makes sense that the Arxs earned by playing the game are wiped to, just the same as credits/ships/rank.

The problem for FD is if they allowed the retention of Arx earned in game, how long before some bush lawyer decides that they should be keeping their rank or their ships or their credit balance based on 'but we get to keep our Arx' argument. I don't envy FD in this regard, it appears they didn't think the process through or just thought the Community wouldn't worry about a few dollars worth of Arx. Hopefully they will come up with a solution to the problem - maybe not giving Arx away for free and then treating a player's Arx balance as a cosmetic and outside of the game.
Less reasonable, more pitchforks.

When I transferred from Xbox to PC, I didn't get to bring any of my cosmetics with me.

Come on now, a lot of flak they get is ill-deserved imo, but you can't defend this one. I'm sure support will sort Codger out and they'll fix it, but this is a bit of a screw up.
Could be, but there's very little information on this as is. ARX has been around for a few months, but somehow nobody has encountered this issue before?

Wow, thats alot of head bending for a simple oversight or bug. Obviously its not intended. Mind blown you did all that?

From what I have read here, when you reset your account you lose everything. All your credits, ships, ranking all get zeroed out. The only thing you get to retain are the cosmetics.

Whilst I appreciate your logic, the highlighted point is the issue - as is so often called upon as reassurance about the system, they have promised that Arx will remain for cosmetics only. Therefore they should be kept after a wipe.

Whilst I appreciate your logic, the highlighted point is the issue - as is so often called upon as reassurance about the system, they have promised that Arx will remain for cosmetics only. Therefore they should be kept after a wipe.
And I recognised that issue, although some here seem incapable of understanding that fact (not you Commander). I didn't know that FD had promised that Arx will remain for cosmetics only, I thought that was always the case, that is Arx is and will only be for cosmetics (yes I had to spell that out otherwise there are one or two here will attempt - badly by the way - to twist what anyone says that could be construed as supporting FD in any way shape or form).

Look, I will reiterate my stance, not that it will matter to some, Arx - ALL OF IT - should not disappear when someone wipes their account. I hope FD sees the error and fixes it at the soonest opportunity.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom