Make galnet more accessible to players out of game

I love that galnet is back and the galaxy lives once more. However, it would be nice to listen to galnet when not logged into the game. When i am in game and when i would like to listen to galnet often do not overlap much. (voice comms, second monitor stuff, constant covas interuptions etc.) I would love to be able to listen to galnet on my commute via podcast or similar modern media.

Podcasts and video is how many people tend to consume content these days. The recent move of sag eye to a pure podcast format (eliminating the print version they stated with) is evidence of this trend. Having an automated way to get galnet news as a podcast of youtube channel would make it more accessible to many people including those who do not seek out the relatively obscure site hosting the text, or those who do not play continuously but who might hop back in for a good reason (those who are not in a position to use the galnet in-game text to speech reader to catch every story, but wish to follow the story/plot and participate).

I am not talking about putting wotherspoon or ion out of a job , but using the games existing text to speech and a script to generate verbatim audio/video versions of galnet accessible out of game. It would make the narrative easier to follow for those that can not play every day, or who wish to listen during their commutes etc. For galnet to be effective (at drawing players back in general or for specific events etc) it needs to be easily accessible to those not playing every day. As it currently stands player can easily miss out on story lines or events they would otherwise like to participate in due to having to log into the game constantly to get a audio version of galnet. (wotherspoon's galnet digest is a slightly different beast as if often covers non-galnet news and people profiles and has a often humorous slant beyond what is in the text of galnet.)

Top Bottom