Make idling Educators wander the zoo

Currently if an educator isn't doing a keeper talk, they just idle in the staff room. It uses up a space in the staffroom unnecessarily and seems like we're paying them for nothing. They'll also get a lower happiness rating for lack of workload. You should make it so when they've got nothing to do, they wander around the zoo and talk to guests. It could even increase the education level just a little as they answer guest questions and increase guest happiness. It's also more realistic. I'm a zoo educator and when we don't have a scheduled event, we walk the zoo to try and talk to the guests.

Currently if an educator isn't doing a keeper talk, they just idle in the staff room. It uses up a space in the staffroom unnecessarily and seems like we're paying them for nothing. They'll also get a lower happiness rating for lack of workload. You should make it so when they've got nothing to do, they wander around the zoo and talk to guests. It could even increase the education level just a little as they answer guest questions and increase guest happiness. It's also more realistic. I'm a zoo educator and when we don't have a scheduled event, we walk the zoo to try and talk to the guests.

Nice idea.

+1

I wish they'd stop wandering tbh. For me I've constantly got the notification that they're wandering around too much when they have a bunch of talks to do. 🙄 But it takes them months to get from A to B so they end up missing them. They're only 2 months apart . 🤦‍♀️

I'd love if they wandered and talked to guests! How fun- and the guest group could get a little bump in their edu rating. But I wouldn't mind if they gave a little hustle! I suspect this "educator walking too far" thing is going to be more annoying than fun to work around. They know when their talk is gonna happen, they could logically make it to every talk.

Personally, I LOATHE the new educators. The educators were much better in Zoo Tycoon.

Your idea is a good one. Maybe they can hand out pamphlets of zoo education.

Say for example, if an educator talks to a guest prior to them seeing X animal and guest eventually sees X animal, the chances of he or she donating is much higher and larger.

Something needs to be done because as of now, no more educators for me.

Personally, I LOATHE the new educators. The educators were much better in Zoo Tycoon.

Your idea is a good one. Maybe they can hand out pamphlets of zoo education.

Say for example, if an educator talks to a guest prior to them seeing X animal and guest eventually sees X animal, the chances of he or she donating is much higher and larger.

Something needs to be done because as of now, no more educators for me.

I agree, they are pretty boring as is and more alerts and cost than they are worth. And taking up space in staff room all the time is also a negative.

I wish they'd stop wandering tbh. For me I've constantly got the notification that they're wandering around too much when they have a bunch of talks to do. 🙄 But it takes them months to get from A to B so they end up missing them. They're only 2 months apart what are you doing. 🤦‍♀️
I'm having the same notification and it won't go away..

They'll also get a lower happiness rating for lack of workload
It's always shown as high in the Information Window of my Educator. Don't know why because that Guy does only work 3 Times a Year (maybe he is researching the Animals for his Talks while he's in the Staff Room but if that's the Reason, how would I be supposed to change it?)
I like the Idea of Educators answering Questions but they should first give the Educator the Ability to run when he's late to the Animal Talk. I've needed to put a Extra Staff Building in the Middle because he did only show up for the Wolf Talk but never for the one about Seals and Reindeer until I've changed it. So I'm not completely sure if this would be such a good Idea. Can't imagine it working good in big Zoos

It honestly is just a really bad implemented 'feature' to be honest. I haven't even bothered to touch em cause I know I won't use em. Due to the games time scaling being so out of wack (especially with the rate at which the staff move) Just isn't practical in my opinion. Sides I get max education rating pretty easily between advanced research and lots of conservation signs, educational signs, and speakers anyways. All in all Educator is completely lost on me and a big let down that it isn't even useful really to me.

So this means Advanced Research is working now? Thanks, wouldnt've known without you mentioning it 😃👍
When I'm back in the Game I'll immediately start researching

As far as I know it always has? Advanced Research boosts education of whatever animal you put your vets on as long as you have em on it. Always has worked for me.

As far as I know it always has? Advanced Research boosts education of whatever animal you put your vets on as long as you have em on it. Always has worked for me.
It didn't work for me the whole Time and I think advanced Research also didn't work for many other People. Does this mean it needs to be constantly researched so I'll don't lose the Education Bonus from it?

@Chante Goodman This is a great thread, I think there's a lot of good ideas here on how to improve the educators! I don't want to nag; I wouldn't be surprised if the educators were still being worked on because they're so new. But this is a good direction to take them in, I think.

It didn't work for me the whole Time and I think advanced Research also didn't work for many other People. Does this mean it needs to be constantly researched so I'll don't lose the Education Bonus from it?
Yes, you have to have a vet stay on it to get the bonus, once you remove the vet the bonus goes away.

Top Bottom