Make KWS less dull

Elite is set over 1000 years in the future but we appear to have the same technology as the police do now - the Kill Warrant Scanner. I spend most of my time in anarchy bounty hunting (and love it) but I just do not see the benefit of the mechanic of having to press a keybind on my keyboard to change fire groups, then scan the target and then look if wanted on the menu. I already have to look at this menu once to select the sub system (unless I press the sub system keybind 10 times) and I am not clear what fun or extra immersion it brings to the game.

My suggestion is that there is very little distinction between the KWS A and B at the moment other than the huge power requirement increase. Could the A variant automatically start scanning when your hard points are retracted (in a similar way to the docking computer after you request docking) and then it flashes up at the top right of the screen if wanted and how much this is. This would mean the people that dont want this mechanic can stick with the B and others (like me) can skip the need for extra keybinds and (in mu opinion) tedium to do what they log on for - shooting stuff :)

Top Bottom