Make Thargoids "green" (allied-like) to the players who feed them many Meta-Alloys

Request before you read: Please, I know most of you dislike Thargoids from an in-universe point of view, so with that in mind, please judge my ideas not for the potential to make your game worse, but for its potential to make the overall game better. So please, judge this without a pro-humanity bias, if possible.

Title says it. I want the efforts of pro-Thargoid activists to be recognized, such that, if I feed Thargoids many Meta-Alloys, my standing with them increases, and maybe it can cap at a point where they're not actively friendly with me, but at least Scouts are no longer hostile on sight (and maybe some small extra hidden perks).

I am posting this because I am planning, today or tomorrow, to feed Thargoids 1300T of Meta Alloys in a single day, together with two friends, and it'd be great if Thargoids reacted in some positive way to our efforts.

EDIT: Or at least make Thargoid attacks/actions/numbers in a system or region be affected by the feeding activities of players.

Last edited:
Ok, and that's great. Healthy adversity leads to interesting stories. But please do not undermine me on the forums and instead try to judge my ideas without a pro-humanity bias.

How do you know that they even recognize individual humans? I mean, their ships look pretty much identical down to the very texture.

I mean, Frontier already handwaved some plot holes in the name of gameplay (no offense, Frontier, I get why this is necessary), I'm sure there can be an in-universe explanation for that.
My idea: Thargoids are in fact distinguishable by their ID which is revealed by using the Xeno scanner on them.

I understand the desire (for some) to have an alternative option for interactions with Thargoids that goes beyond violent conflict, but this suggestion would pretty much reduce them to the collective cognitive level of a cow on Minecraft.

Request before you read: Please, I know most of you dislike Thargoids from an in-universe point of view, so with that in mind, please judge my ideas not for the potential to make your game worse, but for its potential to make the overall game better. So please, judge this without a pro-humanity bias, if possible.

I don't have a pro-humanity bias, personally I think most of them are.....bleep.

Personally, thinking and knowing what I do of the world and from an impartial standpoint, I think that that is a good idea for more pacifistic players, or for people who are fine with fighting, but do not like conflict. Just my opinion.

Also, what does humanity have to be proud of?

Last edited:
I understand the desire (for some) to have an alternative option for interactions with Thargoids that goes beyond violent conflict, but this suggestion would pretty much reduce them to the collective cognitive level of a cow on Minecraft.
Aye, in general it'd be interesting to see the Thargoid plotline actually go somewhere, but meh... maybe in Odyssey.

I have a theory that Thargoid attacks are a justifiable response to Human imperialism and colonialist expansion, so I'm definitely interested in seeing if this goes anywhere.

So far I haven't seen any evidence that the Thargoids are any more violent than we would be if someone invaded our space as we are invading theirs.

Only if we treat them like cows. I realize most players go around shooting anything that moves and stealing their stuff, or milking artifacts for all they are worth, but some of us roleplay, and that means we can play like we live in real life - respectfully. I have never been to Thargoid territory (since both Thargoid wars were started by humans with expansionist goals and itchy trigger fingers, I think we need to respect what is theirs while we work on communication), and my life in the game mostly involves cargo, worker and tourist transport, and exploration of uninhabited space. I haven't killed anyone in the game since the game's release when I realized combat wasn't my thing. It's a big galaxy: we don't have to play the game disrespectfully to other species or other humans.

Last edited:
Only if we treat them like cows. I realize most players go around shooting anything that moves and stealing their stuff, or milking artifacts for all they are worth, but some of us roleplay, and that means we can play like we live in real life - respectfully. I have never been to Thargoid territory (since both Thargoid wars were started by humans with expansionist goals and itchy trigger fingers, I think we need to respect what is theirs while we work on communication), and my life in the game mostly involves cargo, worker and tourist transport, and exploration of uninhabited space. I haven't killed anyone in the game since the game's release when I realized combat wasn't my thing. It's a big galaxy: we don't have to play the game disrespectfully to other species or other humans.

No, you misunderstand. I'm talking purely about the suggested mechanic: feed them, they become your friend (pet flower cow). Not really much in that.

Top Bottom