Make the Landing Gear Button slowly fill up as the landing gear deploys.

I think this might be confusing to a lot of new players. Different ships deploy their landing gear at different speeds; the Imperial Courier is an especially egregious example.

The Landing Gear button shouldn't instantly light up, but should sweep across as the landing gear deploys, and only fully illuminate the light when the landing gear is functional.

Something sorta like this:

1642107277571.png

Yes Please. i would love for the light to even only light up when its fully deployed, even i still land without my gear deployed by accident because of that.

Or having it pulse, or show a different colour while still deploying, then go solid when it's actually deployed.

Consider: the unlit version is just a hollow box, so have it trace the outer edge clockwise in blue, then fill the middle when it's complete.

I feel the box is too small. I would rather it go from one color say red or yellow when deploying then change to blue

I like both yours and the OP's suggestion. Some kind of clear visual indicator to go along with the voice affirmation (when it is finally down). I've scrapped my ships tummy a few times already (no damage yet, but the space dock should not want this kind of thing!).

I wish landing gear keybinding to be and work same way as cargo scoop does - so landing gear is deployed only when a button is pressed. I have a switch on my stick with 3 positions - I'd like 1 position to open cargo scoop, 2 position to deploy landing gear and middle position to close/retrack both.

Interesting idea. And unlike many others, i think it's completely new, too.

Also, i think i like it. Sure, us old players would not need it any more, but it might indeed provide a little bit of useful information, which could really help a newer player.

i would like damage to landing gear if you slam it too hard.
if you land with no landing gear, damage to ship even engines depending on ship and location of ship.
at the moment i use the pad or building as a break, i slam into them to stop me. there is no consequences for treating your ship badly.

Really?! If i have no shields (yes this can happen) i take physical damage to my hull when i hit stuff.
Well yeah you take damage, but you just repair it as soon as you land. i tend to do this in bigger ships as it makes me slow down faster, there kind of hard to brake for me.

Or having it pulse, or show a different colour while still deploying, then go solid when it's actually deployed.

Consider: the unlit version is just a hollow box, so have it trace the outer edge clockwise in blue, then fill the middle when it's complete.
Or it could play little animation, somthing like this:

Manic_Miner_(ZX)_14.gif

Top Bottom