Making CQC better. It is possible ;)

I like CQC. Well, idea of it. And there are only few small tweaks to make it adorable for everyone :)

Consider this fix first ;):
1. Please, don't split teams in Team DM and CTF. If we create a team/wing in a lobby it means that we want to play on the same side :)

Now, suggestions:
Basic features needed (order by priority):
1. Creating private matches. Just like private groups in main game. A match where only invited players can enter. A match creator should be able to choose game type and map. This feature alone would be a game changer at it would allow to easily manage tournaments.
2. List of currently active matches with information if game is full or have free places and, maybe, average level of players in match. It would help in quickly evaluation of number of active players in given moment and time to wait for a match or it would allow to enter chosen match.
3. Chat in the lobby and list of players in queue. It would allow people to enter chosen game (point 2) or create one (point 1) or just kill time on chat while waiting for a match.

Additional features that would be nice to have (random order) :):
1. Bots. If there is long time (above 2 minutes or so) of waiting for match and matching algorithm can't find players, bots would kick in to fill the empty slots. AI would be chosen to match average level of human players in a match. And there would be much less points, or no points at all, for killing a bot - in order to avoid farming for higher rank. For players in lobby such match would be seen as it would have free places and anyone could enter in place of a bot with statement like "player x entered and simulated combatant y was erased." or something like that fitting game's lore ;)
2. CQC rankings in Galnet. It would be nice for a commander to read/hear during main game about his or her successes in CQC knowing that all galaxy just heard it :) It would motivate players to play CQC more.
3. It would be nice to have my actual level and statistics on lobby screen. Now I can find these data on the right panel of my ship in main game.
4. Livery in CQC. Why I can't put skins, decals and other store stuff on my ships in CQC? It's odd ;) I can prepare few variants of ship's configuration in CQC and "quick choose" those. Just add Livery to these configs. "Cockpit lights" are already there but not active.

giphy.gif

CQC is an unwanted child and FDevs are not going to waste their resources to improve it. They haven't done so for many years.

All interesting ideas. But I have zero expectations.

More than CQC improvements I would rather see space legs and atmospheric landings in the main game, but I'm not holding my breath either.

1. Please, don't split teams in Team DM and CTF. If we create a team/wing in a lobby it means that we want to play on the same side :)
It already does this about as much as it reasonably can - it'll only split a squad for teams if not doing so would create a big numeric problem. e.g. if you show up in a squad of 4 and there are two other players, it's not going to let you stomp them with a 4-2 numeric advantage just because you joined as a squad.

What it will quite happily do is take your squad and four random players who are all much stronger than you and put all the strong players on the other side to avoid breaking up your squad.

1. Creating private matches. Just like private groups in main game. A match where only invited players can enter. A match creator should be able to choose game type and map. This feature alone would be a game changer at it would allow to easily manage tournaments.
2. List of currently active matches with information if game is full or have free places and, maybe, average level of players in match. It would help in quickly evaluation of number of active players in given moment and time to wait for a match or it would allow to enter chosen match.
3. Chat in the lobby and list of players in queue. It would allow people to enter chosen game (point 2) or create one (point 1) or just kill time on chat while waiting for a match.
All very important features it doesn't have.

3. It would be nice to have my actual level and statistics on lobby screen. Now I can find these data on the right panel of my ship in main game.
If you click on a name in the lobby screen, you'll see their XP (from which you can get their rank), K/D ratio, and win-loss ratio, as well as some other stats.

4. Livery in CQC. Why I can't put skins, decals and other store stuff on my ships in CQC? It's odd ;) I can prepare few variants of ship's configuration in CQC and "quick choose" those. Just add Livery to these configs. "Cockpit lights" are already there but not active.
Yes, this would be good.

Top Bottom