Newcomer / Intro Making good progress now that I've bought a Krait MK II

It's a month in the game for me and I'm finally in a good ship that does everything I need for the foreseeable future. I tried mining and hated it so I took myself off to Robigo to run passenger missions. I've worked my way up to Allied with the Sirius Corporation and I'm getting well paid missions now.

I'm mainly based at Leesti as it seems to be a good source of Alliance missions with some good rare commodities and is relatively close to the few engineers that I have unlocked. I spent a lot of time researching Inara and YouTube, but a lot of the latter is just rubbish. I've learned more just by reading this forum and thank all the commanders who continue to help new players.

o7 Flingel out.

The Krait is a superb ship; arguably the best-balanced ship in it's class. She's excellent when A-rated, and brilliant when engineered. You can spend the majority of your career in one. I do recommend a class-5 guardian FSD booster; it'll give you another 9 LY and good fuel savings. Enjoy!

Well, I have just finished A-rating the Krait and am now ready to do some engineering. I need to find a source of Arsenic close to Leesti.

Krait II was my first decent all rounder and I still have it, love the ship, nice and flexible and ship launched fighter capable.

... I need to find a source of Arsenic close to Leesti.
We (i.e all the CMDRs contributing to the database) already did that for you. Go to eddb/bodies and fill in the blanks:
nzIc8Ql.jpg

then click on "find bodies". You nwanted sorted to "near Leesti"

IlexDoH.jpg

You can improve your yields (and views) somewhat by adding volcanism as optional column, then sort by volcanism. Volcanic vents (no matter which type) concentrate the planets minerals, you just need to shoot them off. Biologicals do that , too - but those are rarer, fatrher off, and not searchable in EDDB.

Rz6syNx.jpg

You're lucky - no need to sort or to fly out 90 ly. Just DSS any of the bodies with volcanism, then land at any of the geological sites and start shoveling.

I had a semi engineered Anaconda and Python and though I loved the 65 LY jump of the Conda, after getting the Krait, I cant stand the glacial agility of the conda and switched to the Krait as my main ship.

Its lack of module space means I gotta switch the stuff when I want to multirole though.

Deleted member 166264

D
We (i.e all the CMDRs contributing to the database) already did that for you. Go to eddb/bodies and fill in the blanks:

To add to what Ashnak wrote, when I'm looking for raw materials I personally find it helpful to search EDDB with three or four reference systems, all spread decently apart from each other. That way there I can increase my chances of finding a body that has a higher percentage of giving out what I'm looking for. For example of the four I just used to look for arsenic three were 2.9% and one was 3%. Those aren't that much better than the 2.6% bodies I saw in the list he made, but you may find something higher than what I found.

There's no best ship. Money is still relatively easy to get (50mil to 100mil per hour), so in an afternoon, you have enough money to buy all the ships you want. It's true that some ships are better than others for multi-role, and it's also true that you can do just about everything in a Sidewinder, including PvP, but there is nearly always a single ship that can do any particular job best. There are a whole load of ships in the game, so you might as well use them.

Well, I have just finished A-rating the Krait and am now ready to do some engineering. I need to find a source of Arsenic close to Leesti.
LHS 417 9Ea (geo 18/19/21/23/25) 115 ly from Leesti is the place for a variety of good raws including Selineum ,Ytritium Arsenic etc once you have been you will always return dont forget a DSS and a couple of SLV,s

The Krait is my regular day to day ship and is excellent in all disiplines

Well, I've now got the Guardian FSD booster and that was an adventure I don't want to attempt again.:)
That was the most painful part of the whole damn game for me. It totally put me off attempting ANY other guardian unlock.

May I ask why?
I mean, my main reason for disliking this is that I fly in VR, and chasing the SRV across rough terrain at night is... 🤮.

If you just follow some of the guides blindly, though, I can understand your dislike. Some of them really chose hard sites (no idea why). And yes, some sites are harder to access than others. But you can get maps for all sites from Canonn Research, our foremost experts on all things alien. And there are a few more Guardian toys that are really worth the unlock.
Guardian Module Reinforcements are a good replacement for the lack of engineerable human Module Reinforcements.
The Guardian Fighters just look good. I got the one with the shard guns for my co-pilot, and once she's leveled up enough to actually hit with them, ships that get punched feel it.
Guardian Shield Reinforcements are an easy unlock (one unlock gets you all the sizes) and a nice replacement if you (like me) can't be arxed to use SCBs.

I guess that I should finally get to doing the Guardian-goodies unlocks!
I thought that the the Guardian PP would be nice too.

Deleted member 166264

D
That was the most painful part of the whole damn game for me. It totally put me off attempting ANY other guardian unlock.

Same for me as well. For some reason I get physically ill when I do the guardian sites. Doesn't happen to me in any other game, or when doing anything else in this game. :confused:

Top Bottom