Discussion Malic's Voice Attack Profile for VR

VERSION 5 IS NOW OUT

Download link below

I tend to stream starting around noon UTC at
https://www.twitch.tv/malic_vr
If there are any questions about this Voice Attack profile, feel free to come in and ask questions.

I will be using this thread and editing this first post as I update the profile and make new features public.

Features:

Current Features:

New in Version 5

New audio response modes for location and target commands. You can use the commands "Vocal mode on" or Vocal mode off". This setting will save between VA instances.

Saving EDDI vocal status between VA instances. If you want EDDI to be chatty use the command "EDDI vocal mode on" or if you dont, "EDDI vocal mode off"

Consolidation of several commands, reduced 6 nav filter commands to a single commands for example, the commands work the same as before.

Experiential "Engage" command. Uses EDDI to see if the user has hardpoints/cargoscoop/landing gear out, and if so, will retract and engage your FSD automatically.

Experimental - there is a series of commands that allow you to make a single button do up to three functions depending on how you press it. You can tap, it, double tap, or press and hold to have it do different functions.
Currently there is no way to completely automate this, so if you are interested in this, instructions are below, but be aware this is not a full supported feature

The command below is how the single-key-that-does-three-things works, and once you set it up works well, but is not for the faint of heart.

Below is the code itself, and it does not watch key presses, or do anything, the one after it is my working example for my controls that I use for my single button that one press toggles lights, and press and hold toggles night vision

So for my joystick, I would bind the detection key into the command like so:

7mnKizq.png

I then need to edit the two highlighted commands to watch for Joystick 2.

Uu8VcZc.png

Lastly once you get the above lines edited to detect the button, the below lines you want to have it press the keys that you want, for each behavior.

Wl1yNLZ.png

New in Version 4

Location command will download the most up-to-date CSV file of all known locations in game* and will reset itself so that command does not need to ever** be updated

* Known locations are only as good as my spreadsheet documentation, if you know of one that is not in the list, please join the Pareco SCIEnCE Institute Discord and post in the #spreadsheet-feedback room

** The command my be updated for new functions in the future

bindED integration - You tell it where you binds files are located and it will scan and update the entire profile to match your keybinds. - Note you have to have a key bound to use this, it will not work if blank.
Dictation - Talk to the computer and it will record and then paste what you say, useful for communicating in the chat window
w.

Quick navigation filters - Can quickly filter to look for stations, settlements, signal sources, or to filter out asteroids from the local navigation map.
Quick docking select
Two stage emergency cargo release - Require two commands in a row to emergency eject cargo.
Fighter commands
Elite Links - Commands that open up highly used links. Coriolis, EDDB, EDSM, Forum, etc...
Quick chat replies - Quick responses made for chat window where dictation would not work.
My pad number commands for large stations is included - more info can be found at
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...us-Coriolis-Pad-Location-Voice-Attack-Profile
VR Galaxy Map navigation tool
Distance to commands

New in Version 2

Includes all EDDI Commands that I use on my streams. Please note, that EDDI is not included in this profile, just commands. You can download and install EDDI from:https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/294579-EDDI-Windows-app-for-immersion-and-more

Streamline of code to find bind files for EDBinds plugin. User should not have to manually enter in location to where bind files are stored.

If anyone has questions about use, please check in the spoiler tags below and then ask if I did not go into enough detail. I will try to put together some videos showing specific features if they are not understood clear enough.

New in Version 3

My pad number commands have been edited from 4 separate commands in to a single command previous version must be deleted
"startup" command has been updated, please make sure to use this newest one and to follow the setup instructions below to make sure it runs when the profile starts

There have been several code changes to reduce total commands because the navigation command is so large. The pad number, fighter orders, engine/weapon color, high res/ normal screenshot have all been updated from multiple commands in to single commands

note these all below this line require EDDI to be installed to be able to know your current location

Change of "target" commands to a spreadsheet based system. The profile checks online at start up and downloads the newest version. You can also run the command "download navigation data" to do it manually.

"Target" - types system name into text field
"How far am I from; How far to; Distance to ; Measure to" - give straight line distance between your present location and target

"nearest colonia station" - finds closet of the Colonia "truck stops" to your present location. You can also use the command "target colonia route station 1-9" in a text field to paste the system names.

Profile has a single edited EDDI command "((EDDI jumped))" that must be updated from the .vap so it can do a system name check after the jumping event. If there is a point of interest in system, you will hear a chirp sound 10 seconds after leaving hyperspace. The following commands only work in system if there is anything.

"What is in system" - vocalizes all point of interests in the system. This also puts that information in to the windows clipboard. You can paste this info anywhere on the computer, or even in to Elites local chat so you can use it as an in game clipboard to see locations and coordinates for planet based POI's

"Location of" - Can be used to paste information of specific POI when a system has more then one, an example of this would be the Barnacle forests 4 and 5. They are both in the same system.

"find <state>" commands are in a testing phase, for example you can use the command "find war" and it will open the EDSM website with your current system already filled out, and war state selected to show closest locations with that state. this may break as EDSM changes their website formats

Install instructions:

To install new:
Unzip file and drag and drop into the directory that Voice Attack is installed to.

If you are installing this as a brand new profile on voice attack click on “Create New Profile”, Name it, and then click on the “Import Commands” button in the bottom left.

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack and find “Malic Profile 5 Public.vap and open it. In the popup window, click Import.

Click the check box next to profile name and go to the “Profile Exec” tab

Find the checkbox “Execute a command each time this profile is loaded” and enable it, and then in the dropdown, find the command named “Startup"

37EQQ99.png

Press Ok, press done, and then restart VA

To install over a previous version:

Unzip file and drag and drop into the directory that Voice Attack is installed to.

Edit profile, and then click on the “Import Commands” button in the bottom left.

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack and find “Malic Profile 5 Public.vap and open it. In the popup window, click Import.

Click the check box next to profile name and go to the “Profile Exec” tab

Find the checkbox “Execute a command each time this profile is loaded” and enable it, and then in the dropdown, find the command named “startup

37EQQ99.png

Find the below command in the “locations” category and delete it

P2Iag2O.png

Press done, and then restart VA

Make sure to install EDDI as it is not included with the above .zip file
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/294579-EDDI-Windows-app-for-immersion-and-more

Make sure that Voice Attack is being ran in admin mode, otherwise it will not have proper permissions for plugins to run.

MAKE SURE TO LOG INTO EDDI

Make sure the Voice Attack folder is not read-only

Make sure to have “enable Plugin Support checked under VA options” which is located in the small spanner icon in the lower right corner of the main VA window

HTedj4o.png

Links to VA forum posts that this profile uses:
BindED

VAExtensions

Includes all EDDI Commands that I use on my streams. Please note, that EDDI is not included in this profile, just commands. You can download and install EDDI from:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/294579-EDDI-Windows-app-for-immersion-and-more

The download can be found here:

DOWNLOAD

Version 5 - Release 2018 DEC 14

Malic Profile Version 5

DOWNLOAD

Specifics on commands:

"For navigation filter, you must reset filters and then position cursor over filter before giving command.
"Set station filter" - select orbiting stations only
"Set settlement filter" - select orbiting and ground stations.
"Set standard filter" - everything except asteroids
"Next system" - only surrounding stars, useful for a quick highwake.

"scan" and "jump and scan" are to only used in supercruse and require your discovery scanner to be on a key press when used. * If you have weapons selected they will fire for six seconds *

For the quick docking command, target the station in the navigation and say "request" or "request docking" It will select, move down to request docking and select for you quickly.

Dictation can be started with "Open Comms" or "Open Channel" You should hear a beep and after that point, everything you say will be stored in a buffer. The commands "Send", "Close Comms", and "Over" will then stop dictation from listening and paste it in to your chat bar you have selected. It will not send it though, as it allows you to read over it and make sure it heard you correctly. Microphone quality and running Windows voice training helps with getting your computer to understand you better.

Galaxy Map VR Navigation Commands
In the Galaxy map, target and select the system entry text box and then you can say "target" or "select" followed by the following systems to have it automatically type, tell you what is there, and put the information into the windows clipboard so you can paste as needed.

"Target Sol" or "Select Sol" will work. Many commands will only target the Elite client when running, these can be used to paste into <enter your choice of text client here>. Some commands have extra information that gets stored in your clipboard. An example would be if you ask it "target second crashed ship" to go to the second found Alien ship. It will type <HIP 17862> but it says and puts <HIP 17862 - Planet 6 C A - Lat 30, Long -98> into the windows clipboard so you can toss it into your chat window for quick reference so you do not have to take a VR headset off to find information.

Full list of locations can be found here, please note that it functions off of a "what it hears" system, for example, Merope is not pronounced "mur - rope" it is pronounced "mer-row-pee":

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dZXLWiWPSeppRbvfUSsvrBst1eXimS6K1HXmXEm48S8/edit?usp=sharing

Saying "Open" followed by any of the commands below will open up useful websites in your default internet browser. EG, "Open Fuel Rats" will open the Fuel rats home page.

Coriolis
EDDB
EDSM - Star map
Elite forum
Elite Reddit
Elite store
Engineers
Frontier Support
Fuel Rats
Galnet
Inara
Neutron Plotter
Voice Attack

There are several quick chat replies. They require you to open your chat window and have the chat field selected. You still have to confirm entry after it types.

Clear text - too much stuff on screen, this will clear all of the chat on the chat screen.
Confirm - replies with "yes"
Deny - replies with "no"
Hello
Salute - types o7
Local - if in a wing it quickly types /l to change to local chat.
Wing - if in local chat, it quickly types /w to go to wing chat.

I chose these words because they are less likely to be used in normal conversation. Reason for this is that if the commands was "yes" and you have throttle down bound to S, it would type Y-E-S and your ship would slow down if you were replying to something else. Using a slightly less common word like "confirm" still allows users to quickly get a reply typed but also prevents accidental use during normal gameplay.

There are also several "fun" commands that I created during my streams..

Tea, earl grey, hot - I hope you get the reference
Excellent - Bill and Ted
Open pod bay doors- HAL

These are being left in for use as examples for others to make their own stuff.

Instructions for plugins and how to set your TTS voice in Windows 10:

How to set your TTS voice default (windows 10 example, others should be simular)
Windows Key + R
Type "control" and hit enter
Click on Speech Recognition
Click on advanced speech options
Click on text to speech tab
Select voice via drop down menu and then apply.

Version History:

Version 1 - Initial release
Version 2 - Aug 3 2017
Version 3 - May 17 2018
Version 4 - Oct 20 2018
Version 4 - Dec 14 2018

Donation

Last edited:
Malic,

Thank you for posting (and love your stream), I am wondering if you can give a bit more detail on the configuration of the Google Docs plugin, in particularly the file name, how to point to it, etc.

Some examples would be great as well.

Malic,

great thing... thanks for that.

One question: Which browser-based(?) twitch-chat-"plugin" for helloV to track the users chat messages ingame are you using?

In my streams, I use V and have it point at my popout chat URL.

http://www.hellov.io/

For those that use the Vive, there is a program called OVRDrop on Steam.

For both, V is working on Vive support, and OVRDrop is working on Oculus support, just not out yet.

Hi,

New to Elite having just bought it after getting a Rift, but I've had Voice Attack for a while (mainly for Arma III) so I've been looking for a decent profile that I can use straight out of the box but will also be able to cope easily when I inevitably start re-binding keys and that also has EDDI integrated.

Just though I should post to say thanks for making this available - after a little fiddling I think I have it set up correctly as the bind add-in looks to have imported all of currently bound keys correctly and EDDI seems to be working correctly too.

As a little feedback for anyone else setting this up, the thing that took me a little while to figure out was whether the bind add-in had correctly imported all of my keys as your current profile download does not match the screenshots in your original post (the profile options already had a command called 'Startup' in the'Execute a command each time this profile loads' box) and there was not a lot of feedback other than to say that the add-in was running. It would have been much easier if Voice Attack had some kind of option to list all of it's variables. In the end, I found a post on the thread for the bindED addin that allows you to create a command to output a variable to the Voice Attack log window (http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=564.msg5828#msg5828) so you can check if the import worked.

Cheers.

When I use this profile my voice commands get very delayed. I'll say a command and it wont show up for a few seconds. Is that just because of the sheer amount of commands in the profile and is there anything that can be done about it?

I have not had this issue with mine, I think this public released profile is close to 300 commands total, including the [1..24] commands, but my personal profile with over 600 due to all the new commands I have in work, and there is no delay when I ask for anything. There are VA options that will put a delay on if a command is heard or not understood. It is located under the spanner > recognition and then the delay options.

Hey Malic,

Gotta say I love the stream, though I'm commenting here as I usually have to watch them as a video, struggle to be able to catch you live.

Anyways, I have been using your profile with some very minor and simple adjustments to suit my use. Two particular adjustments i have tried and failed to make so thought I'd post and see if there is a simple answer, possibly of use to you or other people.

If you have a decent source of learning va syntax please share! I can't find anything useful for interacting with data sources. I have written a lot of complex macros in excel but struggling with anything in VA.

Firstly, I've been trying without success to simplify the pad locations command. Windows hates my voice for numbers. It is incapable of distinguishing between 14, 40, 42 so it's not usable for me. Since EDDI already has the pad number, I have been trying to use that as a data source to draw the number from. Then have the command just recognise me say "pad location" and pull the number from EDDI to then use your script.
- I tried adding a variable to the (EDDI docking granted) command but that just crashed VA :eek:
- Alternatively the variable could be pulled from the log but lack the script/syntax knowledge to do so.
- Alternative 2: being able to manually call the suppressed EDDI speech would work for slow ships, but I don't want it all the time or while there is in-game voice to listen to.

I confess that I couldn't even find the syntax to include in the TTS response to your command, what pad number it is providing location for so I know if it was misdirecting me..

My second query is around the "where can I find ..." command. This wont return anything, is it active? as I'm sure I have heard you use it in stream. How is it supposed to work?

Sorry for long post but any direction advice you can offer would be appreciated, especially if it helps me find a resource to learn how to call data sources myself.

Thank you sir for all your community support. I am myself quite confused and fumbling around in getting this setup properly. I do have a few questions pertaining to 3.0 if help is available. I have searched for solutions and perhaps overlooked and if this has been addressed previously I apologize.

1. I see commands that say Disabled before the actions. One of them in the startup looks to me like the bind keys which seems like the instruction "Next, you will need to create a command in VoiceAttack to call the bindED plugin which (optionally) includes the Elite: Dangerous binds file that you want to use." Am I not understanding? In my case I am using Steam edition VA and ED so I figured out there are 2 Frontier Folders after a lot of frustration.

2. I cannot for the life of me find the screen for the profile options listed in the instruction "Once you have everything installed make sure to go into profile options and make sure <ON PROFILE LOAD: Bind Keys;Reset Key Binds> is set to trigger on VA startup (seen below)" Has this been changed with VA 1.7 or am I missing it completely?

3. I cannot figure out how to get EDDI to give me all the information it used to when I jump into a system line it did when I used the standalone. I see a lot of commands that say "voice disabled" do I need to do something to enable this voice?

Top Bottom