Discussion Malic's Voice Attack Profile for VR

I was about to embarque on a project to write some sort of plugin that woudl verbally allow me to query this sheet of useful POIs etc 'Scavenger Sheet' But having seen this i'd love to understand how it works and could be adapted to do so.

I'd liek to issue commands like 'Find NEarest Volcano', Find nearest Thargoid Ship..

Then, through a number of calls, goto the Sheet, pull up the system, open galaxy map , plot route to system, and then paste into Open chat the planet details/./.

But then, if this works with new Occulus VR, to have open some of the sheets one could see them whilst in the cockpit...

Clearly, still some thoughts...but this plugin looks epic, and i'll try to integrate with the HCS Voicepacks i have!

Nice work CMDR!

As an update, I have successfully figured out a way to get the location command to not only update from the spreadsheet, but then also if you restart the profile, for that to be the command, so in essence, the end user never has to update the command listing ever again.

Right now it is just working on formatting of the spreadsheet that it references so when you ask it things, it outputs.

For example when you say "Location of Thargoid site 1"

HIP 19026 - B 1 C
Lat: [ -17.9 ] - Long: [ -152.6 ]

It outputs as two seperate lines, so if you are using the in game chat window, this formatting allows the Lat and Long to be on a second line, to prevent weird issues where it was splitting the negitive sign on a previous line, and preventing the User from seeing it

As an added benefit, it also puts Lat and Long into their own variables, and those can be used for other functions. I have been able to program it to open up a compass program and auto-enter those values in to find locations on the surface of a planet for example.

For example when you say "Location of Generation Ship 1"

Alaunus planet 10 and fly toward Horae for 22000 light seconds

Because the spreadsheet does not have values for lat and long, it wont put that second line, because we are looking for something in space.

This is still being developed and hope to have the next version out in the next few weeks.

Version 4 is now up, updated in first post

Malic, great work, love watching your stream when I can't play Elite myself. Would it be possible for you to post your bindings? the bindED plugin apparently only works with keyboard keys, so stuff like your [Jump and Scan] command don't work for me, as I've only got my primary fire button mapped to my joystick.

If you'd rather not, no worries, thank you in advance.

Keys like that can be double bound, I have a joystick key and a keyboard key, so the VA part presses the keyboard one when you ask it

i tryed your package yesterday the first time.... but with not so good results :( . But i guess the most problems come from not using a English Voice Engine, but.. can itt be that the paths to the soundfiles doesn´t fit to the paths in the package? or because its not a wave file?

VERSION 5 is out now!

@Z3DT the newest version 5 command listing has a EDDI required command to go to hyperspace or supercruse, but the previous ones did not. It can be triggered by saying "Engage", or you can set your own keybind to it.

maybe I'm doing something wrong or not set up correct but all I get are the following errors..
EDDI error.JPG

Do you have keyboard keys set to open those or just joystick presses?

Elite allows two keys to be bound for each item, and needs keyboard keys to press. This way when you call for one of those commands, because the startup command has it scan your keybind file, it will then press those keys. Because joysticks controls can change according to windows, there is not an easy way for the BindED to recognize the joystick

Do you have keyboard keys set to open those or just joystick presses?

Elite allows two keys to be bound for each item, and needs keyboard keys to press. This way when you call for one of those commands, because the startup command has it scan your keybind file, it will then press those keys. Because joysticks controls can change according to windows, there is not an easy way for the BindED to recognize the joystick

Hello Malic,

Thx for the feedback...I think that you are correct/in the right track for my issue...i looked at my bindings and am using a custom HOTAS version...
I'll try adding a previously default keyboard key as a secondary toggle for a simple command such as landing gear...
I assume that once I bind a key (any key) as a toggle it would/will execute the voice command associated with it, e.g. (deploy) heatsink, etc?

GK

Thanks for sharing the profile!
I don't see commands that open up the side panels. Am I missing something? Also, is there a video or command list that shows what we can say with this profile?
Thanks

Nav panel
Navigation panel
Role panel
Function panel

Are the commands that are in the profile, but for using the commands, it does need keyboard buttons for it to be able to press though, so make sure that you have keys bound on the keyboard for VA to press.

for the command listing, it might be easier to export the list in case you have anything you have added yourself.

LthVAyB.png

o1FwqQT.png

Nav panel
Navigation panel
Role panel
Function panel

Are the commands that are in the profile, but for using the commands, it does need keyboard buttons for it to be able to press though, so make sure that you have keys bound on the keyboard for VA to press.

for the command listing, it might be easier to export the list in case you have anything you have added yourself.

LthVAyB.png

o1FwqQT.png
Thanks! Is there a way to say 'Contacts' or 'Modules' for it to switch directly to the respective tabs? I have an old profile that does that but was created pre- bindED and I can't work out how to make this work with the bindED variables.

You can edit the existing commands, just put a ; between each trigger phrase.

So change

Functions panel

to

Functions panel;modules

Do be aware that Elite does not have a way to remember what last tab you were on, so there is no way to automate VA to navigate to a specific tab.

You can edit the existing commands, just put a ; between each trigger phrase.

So change

Functions panel

to

Functions panel;modules

Do be aware that Elite does not have a way to remember what last tab you were on, so there is no way to automate VA to navigate to a specific tab.
Thank you, I'll try that!

Sorry if this is rudimentary but I am very new to this. I have installed the Steam version of VA and downloaded and installed EDDI, and logged in. I followed the instructions above but I seem to be getting an oerror for the bindED plugin, and I'm not sure if this is en environment veriable related or something else. I have VA installed to D: and EDDI is on C:.

Also I should say I am getting good recognition of what I am saying in VA but its not initiating any commands in the game? I have heard EDDI say things to me that seem prescripted based on startup like active missions when I load in so that seems to be working.

Any help would be appreciated. .
D7kh-XwW4AEVM4k.png

Top Bottom