Mamba improvements

Deleted member 121570

D
It is advertised as a fast ship. A racer....

Although it's pretty niche - to address that point purely from a racing perspective - unless you're only racing in medium class ships, it's pretty worthless.

Even in a medium class race, it'll usually get beat by an FDL due to agility unless you're flying a course that's mostly just straight stretches and relatively undemanding turns. Those might let it stretch its legs a bit and pip the FDL.

Any form of more technical course that begins to demand some effort with a few tight turns, and it really suffers.

Against any actually fast race ship, it's a joke. Way too slow and completely lacking agility in comparison, as well as being too damn big.
It cannot remotely compete with an Eagle or a Viper.

To improve it as a high-end racer, you'd really have to scrap the whole concept and redesign it from the ground up back towards it's old '84 roots.

I use mine for BGS mission running and CZs. Works fine for me, wouldn't change a thing. It would be a perfect PvP ship for me as well if it wasn't for the significant PEBCAK issue.

Tell me your secret!?
How does one use Mamba?

I run my Mamba with the big Long Range MC + corrosives; all other HPs are efficient beams. I use my speed to fly past targets with FA off, pan my ship and slightly point my nose down so all HPs are in their firing arc (all hp's are on top hehe) so I can salvo fairly well. Then I use my extended range MC to snipe from afar. Not very refined, but it works for me. If I get a bit too much damage I shoot and scoot to regenerate or retreat. I tried to keep it succinct. GL HF Commanders

Top Bottom