Ships Mamba Mamba - Not muching loving for it?

My Mamba is just 10 DPS behind my Corvette, gun setup following the same strategy. It may have only half the hull, half the armor, half the SCB recharge, half the duration until ammo runs dry, but it lasts perfectly through a single combat zone battle, winning it 99% of the time. It has been a joy throughout the run of the current CGs. As a PvE medium combat ship it's right up there with the best.

I got my Mamba and found that the handling was worse than my FDL, but damage, speed and shields were slightly better. I still have my FDL I may switch back to see how it compares again

4f1NQ7O.jpg

I'm really enjoying flying this smexy beast...

Here's my Mamba combat build. I use it a lot in REZ sites when I want more action versus a combat Corvette that leisurely takes out all targets. Heat including efficient beams with thermal vent is not a problem as long as I keep the WEP pips charged. The lower the WEP pips the higher the heat.

Last edited:
I gave the Mamba another try because it has a freakish fuel scoop ability after the buff.
That's my USS hunting and wake scanning Mamba. I like it a lot.

edit: FSD mod is actually fast boot and the cargo hatch isn't disabled ...

Last edited:
Its another Clipper.

Sure its fast but its only real applications are running away and being a low tier gankers wet dream. (Full gimbal frag)

Aside from those two applications the FDL poops all over it.

Bought a Mamba, tweaked it, engineered it and started to test different weapons. I really like the visuals and the sounds but... once i noticed it has the same thrusters as the Vulture i realized it will never be what i wanted it to be or what its looks suggest it should be. Its a pretty garage decoration now.

Bought a Mamba, tweaked it, engineered it and started to test different weapons. I really like the visuals and the sounds but... once i noticed it has the same thrusters as the Vulture i realized it will never be what i wanted it to be or what its looks suggest it should be. Its a pretty garage decoration now.

What exactly did you want it to be?

What exactly did you want it to be?
An exceptionally fast medium combat ship. While it is very fast, it is not fast enough to justify the drawbacks it has compared to its direct competitor as well as those it has compared to more multipurpose oriented ships in its price-range. Once you stuff this thing with gear, the speed goes down quite significantly. It is still faster than the fdl but not to a degree i consider worth the drawbacks or the effort. That is quite subjective, but that's the opinion i arrived at.

With the possible exception of the Sidey, the Mamba is THE best at picking up materials. It is a different beast to the FDL tho' like its foreign cousin or something......

An exceptionally fast medium combat ship. While it is very fast, it is not fast enough to justify the drawbacks it has compared to its direct competitor as well as those it has compared to more multipurpose oriented ships in its price-range. Once you stuff this thing with gear, the speed goes down quite significantly. It is still faster than the fdl but not to a degree i consider worth the drawbacks or the effort. That is quite subjective, but that's the opinion i arrived at.

Hmmm fair enough.

My combat fit pulls over 600m/s so faster than anything else that can kill it easily and tougher than anything that can catch it easily.
Boost re-hectoring and fa-off allows for some good manoeuvring as well.

But yeah ship choice in ED is a very subjective topic and each person finds out their own preferences.

Give it a centered pilot seat (+)
Put all hardpoints on one face (+)
Give it two large hardpoints, so two small get freed up for utility weapons (+)

Yes ship choice is very subjective. I only fly the Mamba now when I want to do CZ stuff, my FdL is collecting dust in the hangar.

I keep forgetting the FDL has an off-center seat, and that it really bothers some people lol.

I don’t notice it much, but symmetry is always preferable.

Centered pilots seat (+)

I keep forgetting the FDL has an off-center seat, and that it really bothers some people lol.

I don’t notice it much, but symmetry is always preferable.

Centered pilots seat (+)
It's funny, it doesn't bother me in a lot of ships; in the Clipper, for instance, you are off center but the canopy view is unobstructed so you don't really notice.

That single strut in the FDL in front of my face just is unbearable though. :/

I'll still keep mine though, I have aspirations of turning it into a lethal pack-hound spewing death machine.

Top Bottom