Ships Mamba Owner's Club

As there is no one yet I simply would like to start one. ;)

Pure PvE NPC farming build with all amenities for the lazy CMDR :D

https://coriolis.io/outfit/mamba?co...L+/l6XP5AgAA.AwegLCBMKgHDICmBDA5gG0SEBGY+FRgg

And here the more serious PvP build

https://coriolis.io/outfit/mamba?co...Q1EZVAMAAA==.EweloBhAOEoUwIYHMA28QgIwV3fEQA==

Sorry for the long links to Coriolis. So far I really like her. Speed is fine, no heat issues with the respectively engineered PP and no objections regarding its agility. [up]

I would change one of the RA shield boosters for a thermal resistant one in order to decrease the thermal "hole" in your shield resistances. And the SCB gives you nothing - 5 cells totalling 350 MJ are a drop in the ocean with a total shield strength of 2732 MJ. Skip it and you could additionally go with a thermal spread PP. The combination of a Pacifier with a gimballed Frag Cannon is definitely considerable.

I would change one of the RA shield boosters for a thermal resistant one in order to decrease the thermal "hole" in your shield resistances. And the SCB gives you nothing - 5 cells totalling 350 MJ are a drop in the ocean with a total shield strength of 2732 MJ. Skip it and you could additionally go with a thermal spread PP. The combination of a Pacifier with a gimballed Frag Cannon is definitely considerable.

Good suggestions. The thermal "hole" in the resistances does look bad. The thermal value of those shields equate to 3541mj, compared to yours which is 3337mj with a resistance of 60%. I agree your resistances are nice and even :D One of the factors I consider before I bump up thermal resistance to look nice and even are that I dont see a lot of thermal attacks in PvP, its just not as common as Kinetic (MC) or Explosive (packhounds).

I know what you mean, that's a special build advocated by D2EA, focusing on resists and sacrificing total strength for even faster recharge to 100% strength. And you meant the kinetic resist SB, not a thermal resist SB I don't have in this build.

Greetings

I just bought a big red Mamba! It is everything I feared, and it has already put me in several serious crisis situations. The last one was that I had to disable Life Support to get to another station, to pick up a larger power supply. I had fitted the 5A thrusters (gotta have those) and I ended up, heavily breathing, with oxygen left for 10 sec. before the "Atmosphere Restored" message came. Close shave!

The Mamba is also everything I hoped. Just look at it! It's impractical as an old Ferrari, handles like a Cadillac from the 60's, it's very thirsty, has limited view, and all that, but just wow!

Btw. I'm planning on using it for exploring in style. Gotta go and make friends with some more engineers.

Fly safe

(yeah right)

Edit: When I bought it, it wasn't even able to jump out of the system I was in :D I had used most of my credits, and the parts supply was scarce. Therefore it took a while to get on. Slowly adding the good stuff, like a 5A fuel scoop (nice thingy), it's actually not a bad cruiser. I can do 20 ly jumps with the simplest engineer mod of my 4A FSD. It's exceptionally fast, but it stil turns like an oil tanker. The scoop makes each jump a peace of cake. Did 500 ly in a blink. With even more mods, it will be a Turbo-Deluxe-Explorer.

Last edited:
No doubt there is lot of love for the beast. I really like it for running data missions or just so so exploration with the module limitations. But its agility is pretty awful as ships go. I mean, really does it have to be right between the FGS and Corvette? Still I love the VR experience every time I go for a spin. Happy Thoughts:x

No doubt there is lot of love for the beast. I really like it for running data missions or just so so exploration with the module limitations. But its agility is pretty awful as ships go. I mean, really does it have to be right between the FGS and Corvette? Still I love the VR experience every time I go for a spin. Happy Thoughts:x

I just did a trip from Kuhn to Merope to Betelgeuse back to Kuhn again, while listening to Crystal Methods excellent album called "Vegas". When I got out of a jump I kept the throttle fully open, and scooped while aligning the next star, engaging the FSD while scooping, keeping the dashboard slightly smoking. That was one of the most exhilarating things I have ever tried! I love this thing [alien]

HighResScreenShot_2019-02-09_15-20-50.jpg

I bought one yesterday and have really enjoyed flying it in a very active high res. Looks sexy as hell and is fun to fly. Zorgan Peterson for the win!

I was surprised just how effective it is for (PvE) combat. Better against larger targets due to the convergence of the weapons, but perfectly effective against smaller ships too.

The speed makes it very effective, and I have had no issues with regards agility or heat. :)

I like the Mamba a lot as well but convergence for fixed weaponry is non-existant. But to make up for this she's running way colder compared to a FdL.

998218x1162.jpg

This is mine. "Hkei Mi E7"

Not so long ago I had a lucky streak of good things. Got trading Elite, passed 1B Cr milestone and it was my birthday. So as a birthday present I bought myself a Mamba. This is my private sport yacht. I will leave stock paintjob as it fits perfectly the intended role. I'll engineer her for max speed and boost and sometimes take her for a spin just to fly fast.

Mad love for the Mamba.
I haven't been out of it since it released. Its my ship of choice. Sold my entire fleet because of this little sexy beast, apart from the Conda, but thats only because its been engineered for Goid hunting.

All I do these days is hunt a haz for a laid back fighting style or take a pirate kill for the material rewards, and, go after those sick pirate kill wing missions solo. Its a class 50/50 scrap against those engineered NPC FDLs in my current Mamba build. BTW. I dont fight those FDLs whilst they are in a wing. Hunt them till there solo and fit a wake scanner incase it runs.

Im not allowed to add pictures :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom