Man.. I got griefed last night!!!

I honestly wasnt mad though.. I should have known better. I went to this system which had the LTD hotspot. Thinking it was going to be an isolated system like when i was at colonia.... But no, when i got there and looked at the system map. There were tons of FC parked. All good. But soon after that, i got interdicted by someone in a FDL. I was in my python, fully tricked for mining. He mopped me up within 30 seconds, and i tried to run. I had no cargo at all. Just someone trolling the system. Well, he only wasted 30 minutes of my time and 4mil re-buy credit.

If it wasnt for my wife waiting for me to take her out to dinner, I was going to go back there with my Anaconda and serve him these paws.

When i got to that system and saw that many players hanging out there, i should have immediately logged out, and went into solo. Lesson learned.

Edit.. found out that cant name share so. but overall lesson learned...

Last edited:
I honestly wasnt mad though.. I should have known better. I went to this system which had the LTD hotspot. Thinking it was going to be an isolated system like when i was at colonia.... But no, when i got there and looked at the system map. There were tons of FC parked. All good. But soon after that, i got interdicted by someone in a FDL. I was in my python, fully tricked for mining. He mopped me up within 30 seconds, and i tried to run. I had no cargo at all. Just someone trolling the system. Well, he only wasted 30 minutes of my time and 4mil re-buy credit.

If it wasnt for my wife waiting for me to take her out to dinner, I was going to go back there with my Anaconda and serve him these paws.

When i got to that system and saw that many players hanging out there, i should have immediately logged out, and went into solo. Lesson learned.

Edit.. found out that cant name share so. but overall lesson learned...

Sadly, in open this is a far to regular occurrence. Generally advisable when visiting high traffic systems such as engineers, Shinrata, mining rushes, etc. To use solo or a private group. Starve these clowns of the negative attention they seek. o7

Don't hide in solo or PG. That's a cowards way out. Instead, try flying faster and more maneuverable or low heat ships in busy systems so you have a good chance of getting away.
I've only been killed twice in my mining python, and one of those times I had an external distraction. It isn't faster than a gieferdelance, but it's a smaller target than a cutter/anaconda/corvette and runs cold so I usually get away with minimum hull damage, sometimes none.

If you're not in the mood for a fight there's no shame in picking the appropriate mode. You're not there for a competition, and anyone who goes after unarmed ships with an FDL certainly isn't either.
☝ What they said. ☝

Interesting choice of words there. Who's hiding? It's leaving them to fester until they come out of that phase of projecting their own prepubescent angst onto others. I know how to fly spiky. I know how to evade. Simply don't wish to reduce myself to their level. Nice to make your acquaintances, CMDR's. o7

I honestly don't know how I got interdicted. I was literally in the escape cone and I still got pulled out of SC. Even then I thought they wouldn't bother me when they noticed that I had zero cargo. But alas. I know better.

You only got griefed if it affected you out of game, otherwise you just blew up. If they want a reaction, why give em one?

open is not all bad but obviously some hotspots worse than others but hopefully some protection available too, try winging up or seeing if any PVP wings patrolling. Dont write Open off completely.

Nonsense, everybody can play a game how they want to, has nothing to do with bravery or cowering, it's called having fun your own way.
Games are played for fun.
Exactly, i play games to have fun. period. to relax and unwind. Do i hide in solo? no not exclusively. Only if im in a position to lose a ton of money (a ton of data or cargo), i will take my chances with NPCs only. Outside of that i usually am in open. Im sitting on half a billion, so losing a python didnt hurt my pockets, just my time. Only reason why i even started this thread was because i got killed by a person when i was a non threat (python with only mining hardpoints and zero cargo), and they were clearly trolling. I dont play games for challenges anymore, i play games for purely fun. my ego isnt that big.

I was wake scanning in open at Shinartra yesterday ,in my Cobra , saw a few folk but no takers I also fly open to engineers in my combat ships the others I mostly do remotly I dont see what is "shaming" about mentioning an adversary ,you cant shame someone that hasnt done anything wrong 🤷‍♂️

☝ What they said. ☝

Interesting choice of words there. Who's hiding? It's leaving them to fester until they come out of that phase of projecting their own prepubescent angst onto others. I know how to fly spiky. I know how to evade. Simply don't wish to reduce myself to their level. Nice to make your acquaintances, CMDR's. o7

Hey, I resent that remark! These days I kill mostly to thumb my nose at the sanctimonious. Totally not the same thing, duuuuuude.

What about naming and glorifying? Is that ok?

I have to say, I love, love, love all the forum posts from people that get vaporized! It is so damn entertaining. I think the "Open predators" do us all a great entertainment service in the forums. It's all good fun. I've been on the receiving end of the plasma cannon more than once. Sometimes I think I have a chance, but alas it is not to be...

A FDL vs Anaconda fight favors the FDL, pretty heavily. Ships with high maneuverability and dps will orbit your conda.
ehh.. an expert fighter will probably whip my behind with a viper or sidewinder. Which is why i have a fighter bay and my crew pilot is ranked Dangerous right now i think. I usually keep my distance from smaller, more agile ships and pick them off from there. And let my fighter handle the close range stuff.

Top Bottom