Manage the influence in the states of war

Good morning commanders. I wanted to know something about BSG:
when a minor faction is at war, can the influence be increased in the other factional systems?
I'll explain; when a faction is at war in a system, to increase the influence, then win the war, we must deliver Combat Bond and missiono War. But in the other systems how is it done? They remain unaffected and any mission is OK?

Only bounty claims will help influence in the faction's other systems.

Missions do not have any effect on the faction's influence in war-time; they will only help your reputation and wallet.

If a minor faction (MF) is present in two or more systems and at War or Civil War in one of them, then the other (systems) that it's present in will see a reduction in INF if nothing is done BUT only if other MFs in those system move INF in a positive manner. I.e. if no other MF moves its INF then the INF of your chosen MF should not deteriorate.

To improve the INF of your chosen faction:

1. In the War/Civil War system, hand in combat bonds that will need (by definition) to have been earned in that system (or could theoretically be combat bonds retained from an earlier conflict involving the same MF). Can also submit routine bounty claims, earned in either the system in conflict, or the other systems it's present in (I presume this latter point to be the case, but not tested).

2. In the other system(s) its present in, hand in bounty claims. I can't recall (and haven't tested) whether combat bonds from the conflict system can be surrendered in a different system.

Bounty claims do not need to be earned in the system in which they are surrendered. E.g. if there's a Haz-RES in one of the systems this may generate bounties faster for your MF (with a KWS if not the controlling MF, or directly as the controlling MF with or without a KWS) and these bounty claims, once earned, can be surrendered in any other systems. This may be quicker that seaching for Wanteds at NAV Beacons or to interdict in SC.

Frustratingly, for both bounty claims or combat bonds their surrender is all or nothing. I.e. not possible to split up a larger pot of available bounty claims across two or more systems.

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
Yes it is - and it a favoured tactic of some groups - murders being quicker to accumulate than bond drops. Hence the calls for some rebalancing, just as a requirement to hand in you scalps.

Ok that explains a lot. I'm shocked that this is the case as it makes being on the defending side of a war nearly impossible unless you have an overwhelming advantage in player numbers.

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
Murder is indeed combat. There are mixed reports about effectiveness in elections (now weighted to no effect). We don't indulge in it unless in exceptional circumstances, so we don't have results.

Well thank go for small mercies. I can't believe this has been allowed. I know you posted on how to deal with murder in one of your threads but once a war drops it's pretty much an indefensible tactic for the defending faction. Hell I could literally cruise around Colonia and turn every system control war on its head with little effort.

I'm not so sure. It was a long time ago (2.1 ish) but at least twice I 'adjusted' election results once they were underway. The next time I get the chance I'll see if it works.

Well thank go for small mercies. I can't believe this has been allowed. I know you posted on how to deal with murder in one of your threads but once a war drops it's pretty much an indefensible tactic for the defending faction. Hell I could literally cruise around Colonia and turn every system control war on its head with little effort.

Bear in mind, unless you share out kills you will eventually get ATR who will act like a giant brake on mass killing. In small systems it takes very little to enact lockdown and/or civil unrest- but, as population rises so does the amount of wetwork one needs to do. For a lone wolf it gets quite difficult after the third day because you'll see ATR and have to switch to slower tactics while bounty hunting can be done at an even pace (in theory at least). In medium or high sec ATR pop up very quickly, so the damage murder can do is greatly attenuated, plus, you have to be very careful with who you shoot as not to annoy other factions.

I focus on the BGS in Colonia. It is all low pop. We've had one guy rack up 20 milllion in bounties from the safety of Solo and completely nullify the work of 3 commanders (well actually way beyond nullify, more like obliterate) in a war. Even with the ATR brake it is still faster than having to turn in bonds. Esp given a planetary base. Annoying other factions would be the goal. There needs to be a dedicated group of cmdrs in a place like Colonia causing enough havoc to get it through to FD that this is a big problem with the BGS.

I tend to be a law abiding citizen and don't much engaging in shooting non-wanted ships ('murder', I believe). I understood murder reduced the controlling MF's INF (or, in a very narrow sense, could reduce the INF of the MF controlling the bit of the system, say near a station, it controls and where a murder takes place). I believe murdering law enforcement reduces INF faster than just civilians.

1. A War or Civil War between two MFs both of whom are not the controlling faction. Murder has no impact, unless the murder is achieved in space controlled by one of the waring parties.

2. A War or Civil War where one waring MF is the controlling faction. Murder would reduce the INF of the controlling MF, thus hampering that MF's ability to win the conflict state. Unlike CZ and Combat Bonds, which have to be turned in to a station, the impact of murder on INF is accounted at the point the kill takes place.

The CMDR perpetrating the murder will rack up bounties and noterierty, but those aren't much use if they play only in solo.

All correct?

All correct?

More of less all correct but not exact;

2. A War or Civil War where one waring MF is the controlling faction. Murder would reduce the INF of the controlling MF, thus hampering that MF's ability to win the conflict state. Unlike CZ and Combat Bonds, which have to be turned in to a station, the impact of murder on INF is accounted at the point the kill takes place.

The word hamper doesn't come close to describing the effect. Unless you significantly out number the attacking faction employing murder, you will not win. Merely being hampered would be nice. Sadly, it just means that once the system is lost the defending faction can turn around and employ the same tactic to retake the system. So, not the end of the world but reduces playing the BGS to a pointless loop which FD seems to be addicted to incorporating in their game design.

Top Bottom