Management: Sofar...

Sofar we have heard you will listen.
You said you read the forums.

But untill now, no feedback about the management part of the game.
Isn't this the biggest gripe in many many (Commandant Lassard...) reviews?

It would be nice if we got some info about the next step in this.
is it just lack of understanding about management?
Are there actually some things missing/unfinished?
Are you going to do something to adress the issues?

(Page 5 now.... https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...is-undercooked?p=140816&viewfull=1#post140816 )

For the millionth time this isn't how they do things. Until something is finished/nearing completion we generally won't hear anything, perhaps they have something in store for the winter update to start? One quote that Sam Denney made yesterday that I think applies here:

We are still looking at ways to improve all areas of the game though.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you feel aggitated. I just made my 10th (or something along that line) post.
I wasn't aware of what you have been saying the same thing to people 1.000.000 times (I think you might be exaggerating a little bit)
I just want a reply from the devs about this issue.
Like they do with the tiny weeny little issues (like litter issues.... the amount of rides or scenery collision issues [weird] Really, the most important issues, which have caused bad reviews...I'm sure)

Last edited:
Not aggitated/your 10 posts is an exaggeration/you know I wasn't talking literally/you may be waiting a long time for a reply (or a significant one that you're after).

Well, the game has been out for only 2 weeks now. In those 2 weeks we have seen 2 bug fixing patches with performance improvements. Also we have seen an announcement for a content update with a new ride and who knows what else.

I think we can be more patient and let them figure out how they want to attack this beast when the priorities shift from bug-fixing to expansion planning

Last edited:
Well, the game has been out for only 2 weeks now. In those 2 weeks we have seen 2 bug fixing patches with performance improvements. Also we have seen an announcement for a content update with a new ride and who knows what else.

I think we can be more patient and let them figure out how they want to attack this beast when the priorities shift from bug-fixing to expansion planning

Waaaaait a minute. There is no way that anyone is going to he happy with hearing the word 'expansion' in the same breath as the management getting fixed. I'm not about to do what a certain user on this forum does, and stamp my feet while spewing a bunch of alleged design fallacies about which i know nothing. However, the management is not really acceptable as a deep experience, and it needs to be functioning before it is expanded upon.

Waaaaait a minute. There is no way that anyone is going to he happy with hearing the word 'expansion' in the same breath as the management getting fixed. I'm not about to do what a certain user on this forum does, and stamp my feet while spewing a bunch of alleged design fallacies about which i know nothing. However, the management is not really acceptable as a deep experience, and it needs to be functioning before it is expanded upon.

Hence my post above yours... if I have to pay for a management expansion I will just stop playing and wait a few years (if I care at that point) and re-purchase the "Deluxe" edition for much less than I paid for this game already.

bad choice of words perhaps, but i meant expanding on the existing game (not a paid expansioin pack)

Last edited:
While I like some of these ideas, there are somethings that I just dont see as being fun. Its like the idea of having to link each building in a city game with power lines and water pipes. Its just tedious and no fun. I wouldn't like to have to water my grass in my park. Or worry about electricity. The idea is still a game, not meant to be a job sim. I highly doubt real park managers leave their job and come home and go "damn, it sure be fun to do what I paid to do all day at home in a game in excruitating detail. I think its key to keep in mind that creation is a big part of the game. At all times even career mode. The more you add in management complexity, costs ect the less you can customize.

I'd like security, even staff rooms and storage sound cool. TIme flow and heavier crowd restriction based on ride amount. I'd also love to see a weather system implemented. Having that effect guest , staff and rides. But electric grids ? unions ? offices that need expanding (just take away from rides in the park) grass maintenance? Competitive parks? World events effecting guests? I just can't see any of that being any fun.

@soapy theres two type of gamers who play sim games. Those who wan creative freedom (like modular building and scenery) and those who want challenging objectives. That's why we have 3 game modes, career, challenge, and sandbox. Right now the career is lackluster at best, challenge mode is unique but slow and simple, and sandbox offers nothing for somebody who prefers challenge mode, but the challenge and objectives could use some sprucing up. The ideas being tossed around are just that, ideas. Right now things are bare minimum and in need of major expanding. If you don't like management challenges, that's fine I can understand that, but you already have sandbox mode. And yes originally the "tycoon" series was very much like a job sim. I never said anything about power lines or pipes, in fact I said proximity would not be an issue, but they were just ideas taken from many other similar games that have deeper gameplay than PC. go check out theme hospital to see where most of the ideas come from (a game from 1997 by the way) its clearly a common request around here. and the fact there is no "fail" or game over in this game is a bit disappointing to a long time fan of the series like myself, RCT1 was more challenging

We could also very much use a scenario editor! so all of these features could be optional.

Last edited:
For the record I'm not saying the game couldn't use any update of the management side. At the very least a fail scenario would be appreciated. I'm just saying there are certain things people are asking for I just can't see being for the greater good. Its a personal preference on either side of the discussion. More staff management options would be great. A more realistic flow of park goers. Even inventory management I could live with.

But certain micromanaging details I think go to far. I say there needs to be a line walked , between adding gameplay to make a more wholesome experience and just adding something for sake of making it harder.

Making a tekken game where the enemy can kill you with one hit, would certainly make it harder, but would it really be more fun?

Last edited:
For the record I'm not saying the game couldn't use any update of the management side. At the very least a fail scenario would be appreciated. I'm just saying there are certain things people are asking for I just can't see being for the greater good. Its a personal preference on either side of the discussion. More staff management options would be great. A more realistic flow of park goers. Even inventory management I could live with.

But certain micromanaging details I think go to far. I say there needs to be a line walked , between adding gameplay to make a more wholesome experience and just adding something for sake of making it harder.

Making a tekken game where the enemy can kill you with one hit, would certainly make it harder, but would it really be more fun?

That's fine but what would be too far for you?

Im not asking for instagib Im asking for more combo moves

LOL I like that a lot!!

For me to far would be killing simplicity, introducing tedium, and the need to be on top of your park every second of the day. Electrical use, wiring, linking of items to work. Over fluctuation of needs. If you add something that add immersion, adds to authenticity thats fine. Well to a degree. Something such as turf or grass maintenance or say scenery maintenance would be too much.

Don't get me wrong I want to say over 80 percent of what I heard I think would add something fun to the game. There is a small 10-15 percent where Im like. nope I can't even. The game is far to easy atm. Well unless you start at 2,000 dollars and dont use any loans. I've struggled with that.

Oh and as horrible as this sounds death needs to come back... We can probably mod that in though.

I think management is ok as it is. It just lacks possibility of failure. It´s good, but needs to be expanded in some areas to be fun, engaging and challenging.

- there is no consequence if you do not maintain your rides. They don´t crash. They only break more frequently and even this does have no effect on guesst happines...
- you cannot go bankrupt
- people still keep flowing to your park no matter what, because it´s heavily based on the number of rides in the park. Maybe park rating is also considered, but it should also consider what is placed in your park and how old are the rides in your park. If you don´t build anything new for 6 years, attendace should go down a lot.
- staff management needs some expansion as well. For instance for training your employees even further, you need to build training center. To keep them happy, you need to make sure they have place where they can rest...

Last edited:
Top Bottom