Manual reboot button?

Oddly enough I could not find a way to map the reboot/repair function to my controllers.
Try finding the function with your HUD down.
Fortunately a friendly thargoid made me aware of this glaring omission.

Ancient spacefaring races apparently discovered this problem. Or they can't log-out/log-in to the universe like we can.

Anyway. I think the function should at least be available in options/controls/mapping.

Oddly enough I could not find a way to map the reboot/repair function to my controllers.
Try finding the function with your HUD down.
Fortunately a friendly thargoid made me aware of this glaring omission.

Ancient spacefaring races apparently discovered this problem. Or they can't log-out/log-in to the universe like we can.

Anyway. I think the function should at least be available in options/controls/mapping.
There's a number of new things by now, for which i would like to have a quick button. For rebooting, though, i think the current implementation is fine. Rebooting puts your ship into a very exposed situation and should not be done by accident. Thus it makes sense to have it in a side panel instead of a button, which can easily be pressed by accident.
That being said, one change i'd really like to see would be an upgrade of the binding system. We can bind all weapons, useable utilities and internals to two weapon buttons. And we have bindable buttons for some utilities, but not all. Basically an utility or internal needs to be of a certain age to have a button. So some of them, while actually being rarely used, have a button, while newer ones, even if they see plenty of use, need to be on a weapon group.
What i would actually like to see would be a second section of binding. So instead of having buttons for SCB, Chaff, ECM, we'd have buttons for three utility groups. And the player can then assign which button triggers which utility. But i guess while i'd like that, chances are low that we could get that.

Last edited:
"... with the HUD down..." in other words, your side panel isn't there either. So only muscle memory can take you to that function.
And this is the level of funtionality that always should have a manual override.

Trust me, no information on anything except what you can see through your windscreen is an equally dangerous situation. What is my temperature? Am I in supercruise? Is anyone near? Are there bases in this system? How do I plot a course to a different system? What is the status of my shields/hull? Are my weapons deployed? Is that a mining LASER? &c. &c. Ad nauseam.

=)

"... with the HUD down..." in other words, your side panel isn't there either. So only muscle memory can take you to that function.
And this is the level of funtionality that always should have a manual override.
Oh. Hmm. Missed that. How does your HUD go down? I never had a situation where my side-panels were not available any more.

I've never not been able to access the side panels. In fact, I've never lost my HUD (more than those parts that losing the canopy takes away). What did you do for this to happen?

No worries ;)
Some friendly thargoid decided it liked my ship better in missile-red. They hit as I was jumping away. I arrived in a different starsystem with all systems running ( as far as I could test without a HUD ) except my entire pilot interface.

Fortunately logging out and back in fixed it... but I consider that "outside the game". A bit of a cheat.

I'd never buy a tesla if its brakes were electronic and had no mechanical backup system. Imagine the fun if someone toggled a boolean in your firmware. ;)

No worries ;)
Some friendly thargoid decided it liked my ship better in missile-red. They hit as I was jumping away. I arrived in a different starsystem with all systems running ( as far as I could test without a HUD ) except my entire pilot interface.

Fortunately logging out and back in fixed it... but I consider that "outside the game". A bit of a cheat.

I'd never buy a tesla if its brakes were electronic and had no mechanical backup system. Imagine the fun if someone toggled a boolean in your firmware. ;)

since you run into a bug, i won't call that cheating

No worries ;)

This sounds like a bug. When the Thargoids take out your HUD (or rather, cause your ship to reboot), it should come back automatically. I wonder if this didn't happen as you got hit when you jumped (didn't know this was possible). Sounds like an edge case - probably worth reporting for FD to check into.

No worries ;)

Yea. Relog seems valid there. As well as a bug report.

Last edited:
I doubt it was a key combi. I play on a PS4 without attached keyboard ( it can't be mapped anyway so why bother ).

I'll report it to the devs. Thank you!

Top Bottom