Map of the entire roster by (approximate) animal distribution

Does that count as a continent? Never heard anyone refer to them as a single continent.
The Americas are sometimes referred to as a single continent.

Also wouldn't that mean that Afroeurasia is a continent?
That's even more rare, but there's such a classification.

1655895048805.png

Last edited:
Does that count as a continent? Never heard anyone refer to them as a single continent.

There are many models about the continents depending on where and when you studied them. I grew up learning that there are 6 continents (America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania and Antarctica). In other parts of the world America is considered two continents.

The term you're looking for I think is the Americas.
I think the Americas is a term used in English because most people from USA call their country America, so they needed another word to refer to all other countries than USA and created "the Americas". In the past we had the same in Spanish with "España" and "las Españas" (Spain and the Spains) to refer to mainland Spain and all the colonies.

All these things aren't objective 100% and depend on many cultural factors. Here in Spain we have a special relation with America for historical reasons, so it is normal that our model is not the same than in other places.

All these things aren't objective 100% and depend on many cultural factors. Here in Spain we have a special relation with America for historical reasons, so it is normal that our model is not the same than in other places.
Sure, you can call it America or the Americas, both are correct. There were too many messages back and forth by several people trying to figure out what you were referring to, so I stepped in to help others understand what you were referring to. Didn't want it to come off as offensive or anything.

my-image_2.png

As of the release of the Conservation Pack. Poor Oceania....it's fine to have Europe, the least biodiverse continent (except Antarctica) have the least representation. But what's happening with Oceania is just a travesty.

Last edited:
my-image_1.png

As of the release of the Conservation Pack. Poor Oceania....it's fine to have Europe, the least biodiverse continent (except Antarctica) have the least representation. But what's happening with Oceania is just a travesty.
That Tierlist isnt a good source though.
All animals are only in one continent and some have blatant mistakes with 4 african ones in asia.
It also influences the outcome, as asia and europe simply do not have all the animals they actually do have

That Tierlist isnt a good source though.
All animals are only in one continent and some have blatant mistakes with 4 african ones in asia.
It also influences the outcome, as asia and europe simply do not have all the animals they actually do have
Yes I had some trouble with tierlist shifting everything haha, I've never used it before. It should be fixed now. But I did the same as Yoav and put them in their most geocentric continent.

Here in Spain we have a special relation with America for historical reasons, so it is normal that our model is not the same than in other places.
Treating Europe as a seperate continent while also treating the two ecologocically, geographically, geologically and culturtally distinct north and south america as a single continent does sound like a thing a hisorical european empire would do (no hate, I just find it amusing).

Ranking them just for where they are the most "geocentric" isnt of use here though.
Europe should only be represented by the badger, fallow deer, ibex and exhibits then, as all other animals have a far greater range in asia. But that doesnt make sense, does it?
If an animal lives in continent x, it lives in continent x, doesnt matter that it also lives in y.
Just focusing on y doesnt actually represent anything about the representation in relation to each other.

The most of the latin American people like me, when we say america we know that it refers to the entire continent, americans call their country america and that is the reason why when people outside the american continent usually relate "America" to the country

Treating Europe as a seperate continent while also treating the two ecologocically, geographically, geologically and culturtally distinct north and south america as a single continent does sound like a thing a hisorical european empire would do (no hate, I just find it amusing).
I don't believe there was any ill intent there

It's a thing of familiarity. Both Americas are far away and are of foreign culture, so I can see how some European countries can call them both America.

And after that it gets stuck in language and tradition and remains to this day.

While those same countries make very clear distinctions between Europe, Asia and Africa because, again, of familiarity as those two are close and have to extent shared history.

I know older generations in my own country would refer to someone who has gone anywhere across the Atlantic: "He went to America." Wether the person left for Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, USA or Canada

I think it's interesting that Europe is repeatedly called out for being not biodiverse enough so it doesn't need more animals. But as a western European I don't feel this part of the earth is represented well at all. The only in game animals that you can find here are wolves, fallow deer, and badgers, and the in-game wolves don't even look like the wolves we find here. Europe as a geographical area is not done in my opinion. I'd really love more animals.
Red deer, red foxes, wisents, wild boar, brown hares, and I could build a section that shows the most important animals in my area. And there are many more candidates...

I think they meant the opposite, as in Northern Asia/Siberia still looking empty.
Now that we mention that area and the "Europe is Asia" thing, am I the only one that thinks it's strange the horse not having the Europe tag and then the zoopedia saying it lives in 3 European countries? I don't know if that makes some strange conflict with foliage ingame, but it sure doesn't help to boost the little European representation.

Wait, in three? I know there are some in Ukraine, and naturally I guess second is Russia, what's the third country ?

Top Bottom