Mapping to New Heights ⛰️

Not a feature I intend to use but I appreciate the effort frontier

However I would prefer a better system to sort workshop items.

I want to see a nocturnal feature where animals are kept in nocturnal dark environments. Like bats foxes etc. Frontier use of light should be used and maximised. Because the lighting features are so good plus the day and night cycle is the best ever in video games

I want advanced research to unlock passive bonuses. Like guests have extra money on arrival or will donate 5 % more for primates or selling extra electricity back to city to gain cash

I want bones antlers shells and skeletons to improve education like museum

I want my franchise to have certificates of achievements for having the big 5, breeding endangered animals, raising donations for bears etc. Each certificates makes your zoo more popular

A breeding program system so its easier to have population control and stop in breeding. This can be achieved by in menu option or new staff member.

Exhibits need a major upgrade in style and design and features. Every feature has had some attention except exhibits. Why cant I get medium small and extra large?

More signs. There are not enough direction signs. Speaking of missing things. Why cant there be a monkey holding a security camera or a mechanical macaw whose eye is the cam. And why sphere why not cone?

I want them to fix the the click and rota system these days a lot doesn't join together or align properly.

Plus can we not get customisable uniforms for staff. It would make work zones more distinct and unique.

Please frontier dont forget the 2nd year anniversary last year left a lot to be desired. A new animal would be great a reskinned one would be good. I am thinking black and white ruffled lemur. Or new exhibit animal

Just a few thoughts other than maps

I want my franchise to have certificates of achievements for having the big 5, breeding endangered animals, raising donations for bears etc. Each certificates makes your zoo more popular
Yes! more achievements in general, both in game and on steam. Right now I can just pop a giant panda in franchise as a first animal and for the game it's the same as if I've put a llama. I want the truly special animals to feel special.

Yes! more achievements in general, both in game and on steam. Right now I can just pop a giant panda in franchise as a first animal and for the game it's the same as if I've put a llama. I want the truly special animals to feel special.
Exactly like in real zoos you need a license for animals. Like rhinos. You need to be fulfill certain requirements like the rhino needs to be trained to step on the scales once a week to make sure they are not getting fat.

Zoo tycoon rated their animals 0 to 5 stars and whenever u unlocked half a star you had greater access to more exotic animals. It would ge just nice to even have a tab for awards listing your franchise achievements and subsequent improve your zoo like greater donations or happiness or a 5star animal gold.

I would love a breeding programme where by I could trade animals with friends you with your pandas me with my lion programme.

Exactly like in real zoos you need a license for animals. Like rhinos. You need to be fulfill certain requirements like the rhino needs to be trained to step on the scales once a week to make sure they are not getting fat.

Zoo tycoon rated their animals 0 to 5 stars and whenever u unlocked half a star you had greater access to more exotic animals. It would ge just nice to even have a tab for awards listing your franchise achievements and subsequent improve your zoo like greater donations or happiness or a 5star animal gold.

I would love a breeding programme where by I could trade animals with friends you with your pandas me with my lion programme.

Couldn't agree more. I think they somewhat tried the animal rating with the CC credit thing in which some aniamls cost way more than others and are therefore supposed to be harder to get. But it doesn't really work, it's waaay too easy to get CC and once you set up your first successful park you pretty much don't have to worry about it (or anything really) anymore, let alone the whole breeding farm thing...The franchise concept is pretty cool and I was really looking forward to it but the execution of it really needs an overhaul and I haven't actually played it in over a year now, it just got boring way too fast.

In addition to the animals being tied to the zoos rep (which is also pretty easy to get already) and achievements somehow I also really would've liked the oportunity to set up a net work with other zoos so you can trade to specific players instead of throwing it all into the same pot. It would've made the whole animal trade that much more realistic if we could actually cummunicate with other franchises and make offers and looking for posts etc.

Personally hoped the star rating of a zoo in Franchise or Challenge was connected to certain animal species (ranks)
When you obtain a 2 star rating more species are unlocked on the animal market.
For me, the games lacks managenent and management challenges - every mode is close to a sandbox mode.
But maybe all entries in the Planet series will never get in-depth management or other in-depth features, they mentioned on multiple occassions that the piece-by-piece building is a big part of these games. So we are getting the Planet/Frontier take on a specific genre.

Not a feature I intend to use but I appreciate the effort frontier
Same here. Looks good and first impression looks like an easy way to create your custom maps.

Which is it?

I prefer not to spoil anything, as it will be a few months before I make substantial advances... It is not a world class zoo, anyways. But thank you for your interest, I will post it in the Creations subforum as soon as I have something worth it.

The fact that this isn’t being covered extensively leads me to believe there’s something else that’s big in this next update, probably having to do with terrain. Monday can’t come sooner!!!

Sounds similar to the Create a World-Tool from The Sims 3. Unfortunately, it never worked very well to me. It never looked like expected...

Couldn't agree more. I think they somewhat tried the animal rating with the CC credit thing in which some aniamls cost way more than others and are therefore supposed to be harder to get. But it doesn't really work, it's waaay too easy to get CC and once you set up your first successful park you pretty much don't have to worry about it (or anything really) anymore, let alone the whole breeding farm thing...The franchise concept is pretty cool and I was really looking forward to it but the execution of it really needs an overhaul and I haven't actually played it in over a year now, it just got boring way too fast.

In addition to the animals being tied to the zoos rep (which is also pretty easy to get already) and achievements somehow I also really would've liked the oportunity to set up a net work with other zoos so you can trade to specific players instead of throwing it all into the same pot. It would've made the whole animal trade that much more realistic if we could actually cummunicate with other franchises and make offers and looking for posts etc.
Cc easy? I wouldn't say easy but I also wouldn't say hard.

What I would say is the market is broken. I currently have 90 000 cc but when some animaps cost 10 000 that's just 9 animals I can afford whom will eventually die. So sad

Hayo Zookeepers!

We've been really hyped to announce this new feature to you all, so instead of waiting any longer, let's jump right into it!

In a future update, we're introducing an exciting new tool to Franchise, Challenge, and Sandbox Mode - the Height Mapping tool. This tool will allow you to create your own custom Heightmaps via image files, bringing even more diversity and customisation to your Planet Zoo builds!

There are 4 custom Heightmaps coming premade with the update, so if you're unsure how to go about making your own, editing these is an easy way to get to grips with how it all works. Once you've got the hang of it, it doesn't take more than a few minutes to create a custom map - edit the .tif file directly, refresh the map, and ✨ta-da!✨ Your changes will be there!

Here's our handy mini-guide on how to go about creating yours:
  • First off, you need to make your Heightmap, and for this, you need a 1024x1024 .tif file. Any modern image editor lets you save images as .tif, even paint!
  • Next up is making your map! The shade of grey decides the height of the map: the lighter it is, the higher the terrain. You can also create pits and crevasses by going darker if you choose. The ground level is set at 128 RGB and blurring or smudging can make some awesome things, so get creative with it!
  • Once finished, save your .tif file to Documents -> Frontier -> Planet Zoo -> UserHeightmaps
  • Launch Planet Zoo and go to create your new Sandbox, Challenge, or Franchise zoo as normal, selecting your biome/continent and set the terrain type to "Heightmap - YourFileName"
  • Click create and your new map will load! Practice in Sandbox before using Franchise so you don't waste any CC opening new zoos
  • After loading up a custom map, you can jump in with the in-game tools to smooth and tidy everything up!

Easy-peasy, right? We can already tell how creative you're going to get with this, and we're sure that soon enough, you'll be blowing us away by using Heightmaps in ways we couldn't hope to predict - just like you did with the recent Diorama trend!

We hope you've enjoyed hearing about the incredible new height map tool coming to you all soon. This will be included in a future update and we'll be sharing more information soon - so be sure to keep an eye out on our forums and official channels 👀
Cool!

Cc easy? I wouldn't say easy but I also wouldn't say hard.

What I would say is the market is broken. I currently have 90 000 cc but when some animaps cost 10 000 that's just 9 animals I can afford whom will eventually die. So sad

Yeah, it's pretty easy. Get a breeding group of nile monitors (1 male 2 female) with the best stats you can afford. Let them breed keep the best two females again and release the rest to the wild. Then buy a new male once the old group dies and start a new. If you get young groups with good stats you can get up to 10 babies 2-3 times from each female and each batch can be released for 7-1k cc, so with one good group you can make up to around 6k cc in a relatively short time and they're also cheap when it comes to food. Once those monitors are set up get a pair of cheetahs or two and you're all set. So yeah, cc is pretty easy to come by when you're actually going for them...I'm not really playing franchise anymore but it's sitting at around 2mil cc atm, mostly from breeding and releasing monitors, cheetahs and lions.

Yeah, it's pretty easy. Get a breeding group of nile monitors (1 male 2 female) with the best stats you can afford. Let them breed keep the best two females again and release the rest to the wild. Then buy a new male once the old group dies and start a new. If you get young groups with good stats you can get up to 10 babies 2-3 times from each female and each batch can be released for 7-1k cc, so with one good group you can make up to around 6k cc in a relatively short time and they're also cheap when it comes to food. Once those monitors are set up get a pair of cheetahs or two and you're all set. So yeah, cc is pretty easy to come by when you're actually going for them...I'm not really playing franchise anymore but it's sitting at around 2mil cc atm, mostly from breeding and releasing monitors, cheetahs and lions.
Yea it’s easy even a player like me who doesn’t actively try to get CC when you have multiple zoos (that aren’t breeding zoos by the way) the sheer amount of animals just leads you to get a ton of animals because of the offspring

Top Bottom