March Streaming Schedule

Yeah I think most people are expecting a DLC for late march early April. The way you stated this Bo..specifically makes it seem like there isn't going to be any more DLC. If that decision is made.. I think we'd all like to know instead of waiting.

Also.. THis isn't a QOL update.. it's a Patch.. a Quality of Life update would include a LOT more fixes than just for the TMTK issues and such. Not that I'm complaining as that is definitely Needed right now. It just kinda irks me calling it a QOL update.

It's a Patch. a Much needed Patch....

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Yeah I think most people are expecting a DLC for late march early April. The way you stated this Bo..specifically makes it seem like there isn't going to be any more DLC. If that decision is made.. I think we'd all like to know instead of waiting.

Also.. THis isn't a QOL update.. it's a Patch.. a Quality of Life update would include a LOT more fixes than just for the TMTK issues and such. Not that I'm complaining as that is definitely Needed right now. It just kinda irks me calling it a QOL update.

It's a Patch. a Much needed Patch....

Hiya, please don't turn my words into something they're not :D! I just said the incoming update is focused on QoL, and on the livestream we talked about the fact that we've been prioritising those bug fixes and FPS issues for now - hopefully this will help most players that have been experiencing them!

As for future DLC, as always we'd let everyone know. We don't go on threads like these and "confirm/deny" anything like that - it'd always be an official post :)

<3
Bo

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
At times like this I like to refer to a snippet of information taken from one of Frontier's latest official trading updates. At least to me it seems like Frontier is happily continuing development of Planet Coaster. The only thing we need to have is some patience, while we enjoy the current game with all of its content (which is, by the way, a lot!!!). ;)

David Braben, Chief Executive of Frontier, commented:

"We are very pleased with the success of Jurassic World Evolution, which has been our biggest launch to date. Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster also continue to perform well, as our strategy of supporting, nurturing and enhancing each of our game franchises continues to deliver. I look forward to providing more details about our fourth game franchise, as well as our existing franchises, in the coming months."

Source: https://otp.tools.investis.com/clie...regulatory-story.aspx?cid=1725&newsid=1224193
Frontier Developments latest news: https://www.frontier.co.uk/investors/latest-news-rns

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
What I am saying... Is that with people speculating about what's coming in the future. Usually dlc is 3 to 4 months in between. On frontier Xtra chante told us we were getting a QOL update. (not getting into what a QOL update actually means) so some were disappointed that there wasn't dlc. Then it was pointed out that Bo had said that wasn't all that was coming. I went back and listened to it again as I personally didn't hear that.. And as she said.. That's not necessarily what was said. However.. With everyone just speculating and looking forward to both the QOL update and what new DLC would be coming later. Bo comes in and says.. "No No No. That's not what I said, I said there will still be amazing people working on Planco". the timing and to make a point out of it just seems odd and un needed unless they are telling us indirectly that there's no new DLC. I am not twisting what she says.. I'm just pointing out why say it at all. Don't twist up what I am saying either. If there is indeed more DLC coming. Then just leave what was said during the frontier Xtra instead of trying to back track and shut down speculation. The way that Frontier communicates with us has always bothered me. It is what it is though and they obviously consider being more secretive to be more important to them then being more open to their fans. Why they think this is a good thing or working for them baffles me. But anyway. Her message and the timing of it just seems really odd. If it was me. I wouldn't have said anything at all and just let people speculate. Correcting the statement at this specific point and how it was said just seems suspicious. Hopefully I have explained my thinking a bit more there. A lot of us hang on every single word that is said by the devs and community managers to try to gleam as much as possible about the future of the game. Is that so wrong considering they won't tell us anything. I mean I get that again they like to be secretive, to a degree it's actually detrimental. But since they won't really tell us anything about more dlc coming.. Would they bother to tell us they were ending it as well?

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
What I am saying... Is that with people speculating about what's coming in the future. Usually dlc is 3 to 4 months in between. On frontier Xtra chante told us we were getting a QOL update. (not getting into what a QOL update actually means) so some were disappointed that there wasn't dlc. Then it was pointed out that Bo had said that wasn't all that was coming. I went back and listened to it again as I personally didn't hear that.. And as she said.. That's not necessarily what was said. However.. With everyone just speculating and looking forward to both the QOL update and what new DLC would be coming later. Bo comes in and says.. "No No No. That's not what I said, I said there will still be amazing people working on Planco". the timing and to make a point out of it just seems odd and un needed unless they are telling us indirectly that there's no new DLC. I am not twisting what she says.. I'm just pointing out why say it at all. Don't twist up what I am saying either. If there is indeed more DLC coming. Then just leave what was said during the frontier Xtra instead of trying to back track and shut down speculation. The way that Frontier communicates with us has always bothered me. It is what it is though and they obviously consider being more secretive to be more important to them then being more open to their fans. Why they think this is a good thing or working for them baffles me. But anyway. Her message and the timing of it just seems really odd. If it was me. I wouldn't have said anything at all and just let people speculate. Correcting the statement at this specific point and how it was said just seems suspicious. Hopefully I have explained my thinking a bit more there. A lot of us hang on every single word that is said by the devs and community managers to try to gleam as much as possible about the future of the game. Is that so wrong considering they won't tell us anything. I mean I get that again they like to be secretive, to a degree it's actually detrimental. But since they won't really tell us anything about more dlc coming.. Would they bother to tell us they were ending it as well?

We would communicate if things were winding down, and it's not happening at the moment! Thanks for understanding and asking more, always happy to explain :)!

There is nothing suspicious about anything going on here.......

What's up with the paranoia?

Its not paranoia... its facts. There was nothing paranoid about what I said. I never said there was anything suspicious. I'm not surprised that you would be one of the first people to respond to this and try to play it off like what I said doesn't mean anything... Just more of the reason why so many don't bother with these forums anymore.

Its not paranoia... its facts. There was nothing paranoid about what I said. I never said there was anything suspicious. I'm not surprised that you would be one of the first people to respond to this and try to play it off like what I said doesn't mean anything... Just more of the reason why so many don't bother with these forums anymore.

I genuinely think you are reaching a bit with the speculation here mate. Planet Coaster and its development cycle has been what it's been consistently for over two years now - so we all know what to expect and what not to. I think you may of over-analysed what the Comm managers said in the live stream and I think all this really does is set up for some pretty unhealthy expectations and the disappointment you're feeling right now.

When they announced the patch a few weeks ago I took it for what they said, a patch that focused heavily on some of the more egregious problems that came with the TMT - and with in line with my own expectations, they more than enough delivered on that. I don't feel sad that there's no new content because I'm pretty sure more is coming in the future. It's OK that we didn't get any new toys to play with today, the patch we got was the one the game needed and they delivered on it. I for one am a very happy bunny today that my game is running pretty ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ well again.

I take today for what it is, a good day for Planco performance, and I wait as always eagerly for the next official announcement, there is often very little to gain from slips of the tongue or reading between the lines instead of just waiting for an actual announcement of things. I very rarely enjoy using the terms entitled or owed because we as legacy players are neither of these and its good to remind ourselves regularly that whilst this game is a large part of our day-to-day, to also leave it at that, its a game; and ultimately not something worth trying to decipher the hidden meanings of, or alternatively get worked up or upset when the reality of the situations don't align with the brutally high expectations we set on the game.

I personally was NOT one of the ones who over analyzed what was said in Frontier Xtra. When I watched it.. I heard only info about the patch. It was others who started talking about how Bo said there was More DLC coming. I went back ... as I stated earlier which I suppose you overlooked or didn't read, and never heard her say that specifically.

I'm not reaching.. and as for what to expect. this statement is wrong as well. In the beginning Frontiers communication was fantastic. It wasn't until right around the first anniversary that the secrecy and and everything really started and it got worse after that.

But You think what you want to think. and I'll think what I want to think. My question I posted earlier wasn't to anyone else here on the forums except the devs and Community Managers. I don't really come here anymore for discussions with the community as this has proven to be a waste of time on these forums as almost everyone here just rushes to defend them as fast as possible instead of examining and analyzing things.. using reasons like.. "its just a game" among others.

As for the performance. and the patch The biggest thing it was supposed to fix was TMTK issues, and.. it didn't fix that.

There have been deviations from the 3 month cycle: there were 3,5 months between Studios and Vintage, yet only 2 months between World's Fair and Magnificent Rides. Especially given that the last one was 1 month ahead of the usual cycle, I don't think we have to panic about not having any information on anything new just yet.

I thinks it's fair to assume the same cycle will still be followed, yet there can be slight changes depending on how many things were already prepared and how many people are still working on the game. We can only guess what impact the development of the 4th Frontier-title has on the arrangement of the teams.

Given the issues with Magnificent Rides and the focus on fixing the loading times, I'd say a DLC/update for April is likely.

Top Bottom