Marine Animals

I know that there is a lot of controversy about marine mammals, but I believe they should be added to the game. Many argue that keeping marine mammals in captivity is crucial. Yet again, this is a zoo game. You are still keeping animals enclosed. If you simply don't want to house marine mammals, then don't. Planet Zoo is still at its early stages of release. There are many people out there who want marine mammals and many people who don't, which is why making a DLC pack seems to be a good approach. There are many ways to go around and about with marine animals. They can be a great representation of conservation of our oceans.

Animal Ideas:
Orcas
Bottlenose Dolphins
Sea Lions
Seals
Walrus
Otters
Belugas
Penguins
Polar Bears
Aquatic fish - etc.

I'd love an aquatic DLC, but it seems like it would be a bit too early for anyone to think about DLC. Not to mention, I'm thinking polar bears and penguins will probably be in the base game.

I am one of those who believe that cetaceans should not be held in restricted environments, but this is a game and I love being able to have them in my park. There is a huge difference between a game (fantasy) and reality and I feel that if you purposely omit an animal because of real world issues you're breaking the fantasy barrier that so many of us choose games for. I mean, people will choose to make their animals miserable at some point or another, or have them attack each other or attack guests and they haven't omitted that so I really don't feel that they would allow reality to keep them from doing something.

I would love to see a wide variety of whales and dolphins because they're so unique from each other, but other than that I agree with the animals that everyone else has mentioned. I would also add

Leopard Seal
Jelly Fish
Manta Ray/Sting Ray
Great White Shark
Tiger Shark
Manatees
Dugong
Nurse Shark, etc

Last edited:
I think that the game really needs the animals and I think the fact that there are underwater viewing areas mean that some of these animals could be added into the game.

in fact, I would love to see whales in this game. zoo tycoon 1 also had these. it added a very nice weather.

In this game I want to host huge whales. (humpback whale, sperm whale, blue whales...) :)

I would love to see atleast some Marine Animals in the game.

I personally don't like seeing Marine Mammals in captivity, specifically Orcas and Dolphins.

As a game (Based on what I've read) that delivers a message of "Animal Conservation" if they ever add Marine Animals, it should have different mechanics. Instead of buting and keeping them in your zoo, maybe it should be rescue and release instead. But, who am I to dictate what the devs to do.

Once again, it's a decision the devs will make.🙂

I would love to see atleast some Marine Animals in the game.

I personally don't like seeing Marine Mammals in captivity, specifically Orcas and Dolphins.
Again, the word bondage applies to every animal in this game, please do not be unilateral. we have already finished this discussion.

Above all this is a game. no I don't understand why it has become so much controversy. I don't think that most people who play this game will ever care how they make orca in the game. other simplest example, you may not have them in your park. Why are you boycotting? There are a lot of people in here who want dolphins and orca, including me.

You're eating their right...

Last edited:
Again, the word bondage applies to every animal in this game, please do not be unilateral. we have already finished this discussion.

Above all this is a game. no I don't understand why it has become so much controversy. I don't think that most people who play this game will ever care how they make orcs in the game. other simplest example, you may not have them in your park. Why are you boycotting? There are a lot of people in here who want dolphins and orca, including me.

You're eating their right...
Again...Who am I to tell what the devs should do...Yeah, I'am late in replying😕And I apologize for that.

So I've heard that alot of people want Dolphins and Orcas. I was just expressing what I felt about seeing them in captivity in real life, but like I said, I would still like to see Marine Animals in PlanZoo and I already said how I would like them to be added...either way.🙂

Again...Who am I to tell what the devs should do...Yeah, I'am late in replying😕And I apologize for that.

So I've heard that alot of people want Dolphins and Orcas. I was just expressing what I felt about seeing them in captivity in real life, but like I said, I would still like to see Marine Animals in PlanZoo and I already said how I would like them to be added...either way.🙂
yes I agree on that. the game should not make us feel that these animals are in captivity. But that depends on how you think... :)

When you play this game you should definitely remove the word bondage from your mind... :)

I mean, I hope you understood...

I would love to talk more. but i don't want to extend... because I'm really tired of saying the same thing... 😕

It's not just about you, i talked in general.

in fact, I would love to see whales in this game. zoo tycoon 1 also had these. it added a very nice weather.

In this game I want to host huge whales. (humpback whale, sperm whale, blue whales...) :)

I fear that whales would be simply too big for our zoos. A proper aquarium for just one of the whales you mentioned would probably cover at least half of the usable space. (Everything less would be outright mistreatment, i guess)

But i'm looking forward to the other stuff. Imagine to build/grow reefs and such.

I fear that whales would be simply too big for our zoos. A proper aquarium for just one of the whales you mentioned would probably cover at least half of the usable space. (Everything less would be outright mistreatment, i guess)

But i'm looking forward to the other stuff. Imagine to build/grow reefs and such.
Yeah. the size of our zoo may not be enough. gigantic whales probably won't be in the game anyway. If we were to build them tanks, we probably wouldn't have room in our zoo. :)
Rather than ill-treatment, I thought the giant whales would bring a nice air to the game. but the area is troubled :)

Top Bottom