Buildings & Attractions Marine DLC Idea:Beneath the Surface Part 1

Part 1 of this DLC idea, which is these, deals about the various buildings & attractions.
Part 2 deals with the possible achievements & how this DLC can be implemented.

I purposely left out the possible list of Aquatic Dinos since there's already a good deal of threads with such request for dinos for an aquatic DLC. :)

Really cool concept and cool art as well. Well done.

Have you thought about fence variations?

Have you also thought about it as areas just in the ocean? Utilise that Ferry from Jurassic World mayhaps.

Have you also thought about the unlocks situation in regards to aquatic parks? I would think that having unique Research, Exploration and Fossil buildings for aquatic parks might be better so you can make the process independent of land parks.

Really cool concept and cool art as well. Well done.

Have you thought about fence variations?

Have you also thought about it as areas just in the ocean? Utilise that Ferry from Jurassic World mayhaps.

Have you also thought about the unlocks situation in regards to aquatic parks? I would think that having unique Research, Exploration and Fossil buildings for aquatic parks might be better so you can make the process independent of land parks.

The fence I showed here would be 1 of 2 variations. 1st variation, shown here, would be similar to the light steel fence in the game, the 2nd variation would be the same as the 1st, but double layered. I thought of using steel meshed fence since a concrete wall in deep water doesn't seem logical.

The ferry was originally my plan for this DLC idea where visitors arrive from, but figured I use the arrival monorail instead since its already in the game. The ferry arrival can be an good option though.

As for the unlock situation, it can be same as the unlock process in the land parks: complete missions, reach a set division reputation, etc.

With the Research, Expedition & Extraction of fossils, I figured, why design new structures that can do xx-type of tasks, when there are already structures that can do xx-type of tasks, thats why I thought of making research, expedition & extraction as off-site functions provided by the other parks. I was also thinking of making a concept building, a Communications Center: which functions as a relay point where players can request off-site fossil expeditions & extractions, as well as request other island parks to do research.

I know the benefits of adding independent & unique Research, Exploration and Fossil buildings for aquatic parks bring, especially on building diversity, but, there'll be no challenge since everything is given to the player, thats why I thought of making it an off-site function, to give players a challenge, as well as ease the workload on the developers. Either way, its just my opinion. :)

Five Stars. This is by far the best aquatic DLC suggestion I've seen on these forums. It would require the least modification to the already existing game mechanics. As cool as it would be to have the aquatic and land parks run concurrently, it's just not feasible with the how the game is designed.

Why no electrified fences? :p[cool]

I know you know you why :D

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Five Stars. This is by far the best aquatic DLC suggestion I've seen on these forums. It would require the least modification to the already existing game mechanics. As cool as it would be to have the aquatic and land parks run concurrently, it's just not feasible with the how the game is designed.

This is really cool! You nailed it man!

Thanks, man I wish we get a Marine DLC soon, though I don't mind if it'll be next year, as long as it arrives. I can wait for it.

Thanks, man I wish we get a Marine DLC soon, though I don't mind if it'll be next year, as long as it arrives. I can wait for it.
Yeah aside from terrain tools and decorations, Marine Reptiles are the thing I most want to see make it into the game. I've been a big fan of them ever since I watched the Walking with Dinosaurs as a kid.

Yeah aside from terrain tools and decorations, Marine Reptiles are the thing I most want to see make it into the game. I've been a big fan of them ever since I watched the Walking with Dinosaurs as a kid.

I've only gained traction w/ the marine dinos when the Mosa was featured in JW, after that, been slowly reading on other marine dinos. Have been & will always be a T-Rex lover. :)

Anyway, I doubt this will happen, but I don't mind sending Frontier my 3d concept files if they'll ask for it.

& BTW guys, don't forget, twitch dev stream in about 5hrs, so yeah, looking forward to it, gonna see what they'll say about a marine DLC.

This is amazing and you've clearly spent a long time working on it. Personally I would of had it as an extra feature rather than a new mission.

This thread is amazing. You have worked so hard on this suggestion its just mind-blowing. This is THE expansion Frontier needs to make once the major fixes to the game are implemented. I think it would be amazing as the final addition to the game, when it's in a really good place to receive this. I can see it working if we get the ability to make our own islands or generate them better than any other scenario. Would be crazy not to do this and would just shoot this game to the top at that point.

Thanks, glad to know you liked it. I still have a few that I haven't finished yet though, since I got busy designing tanks :p

Anyway, as what others have said, unless we have an island generator, the current best way I can think of in getting a marine dlc implemented is by setting it up the same way as the S.of DrWu DLC. In effect, a separate location for the marine park, as it'll be easier for the devs to develop & takes less strain on the players computer systems since its seperate from the other parks.

Right now, I can only wonder what the devs are planning for a JWE Marine DLC, & if we'll be getting it next year.

This is an incredible amount of detail and thought put into an expansion idea, and honestly you did an awesome job. Special kudos for going through the trouble to model some assets. Though my knowledge of programming is limited, this does seem like something that could be implemented without radically altering the core gameplay mechanics.

This is an incredible amount of detail and thought put into an expansion idea, and honestly you did an awesome job. Special kudos for going through the trouble to model some assets. Though my knowledge of programming is limited, this does seem like something that could be implemented without radically altering the core gameplay mechanics.

Thanks, I was already into designing fictional modern & WW2 tanks, so I decided to make something JWE-related as well.

Anyway, as for the idea, you're right. I took into consideration the effort needed into developing a marine DLC expansion, & I believe that implementing it the same way as the Secrets of Dr.Wu DLC, with its own separate locations, with some minor modification to the game mechanics designed for the marine DLC, can make implementing a marine dlc easier than having it placed alongside our land parks.

If there are gonna be any aquatic hybrids I want a Megalasaur. Megalodon mixed with Mosasaur.
Expect we're never going to get Megalodon. This is a dinosaur game, why the hell would we get some random prehistoric shark that never lived alongside any dinosaur?

Top Bottom