Marine life animals possible?

Maybe it's possible to give us marine animals after we finish some tests? Also give us an option to disable or enable these animals in game. Also enable or disable shows. Like you can see on the picture I made a menu. If you take a closer look you can see disable sea rescue team. It's an option to safe these animals in the wild and let them rest in your park. I hope you guys will find a way to bring this in the game to make us happy! This is THE zoo game we all have been waiting for! Please bring these animals to us!
dol.png

@m1randacosgrove this has been up many times in the past and the majority of the community prefer no dolphins or whales. I truthfully would probably buy such a pack eventually towards the end of the games life. Although I much prefer the typical modern day zoo animals.

To put it politely, there are too many questions around whether it's ethical to keep these animals in captivity, and I can say with certainty that marine shows are hugely unethical (circus acts have no place in a facility designed for conservation and education). Even ignoring how one personally feels about the subject, it isn't in Frontier's best interest to pursue something like that in a zoo game, primarily because the aim of the game is to build an ethical zoo and maintain captive breeding programmes for endangered species.

Personally the limit for marine animals for this game would be sharks for me, only sharks that have successfully been housed in captivity would be ok, so no Great White or Tiger Sharks

Personally the limit for marine animals for this game would be sharks for me, only sharks that have successfully been housed in captivity would be ok, so no Great White or Tiger Sharks
Aren't Tiger Sharks successfully kept in Captivity? Also why only Sharks? Why not also other Fish and Manatees? Maybe also a River Dolphin if we don't get other Cetaceans?

Sand Tiger Sharks are, that I'm aware of, by limit, I meant the largest marine animals we can have in the game without criticisms, also are there river dolphin successfully kept in zoos?
At least a Zoo in Germany had them in the Past. I think they even bred successful. I'm not completely sure but I think they got their Dolphins from another Zoo so I think there where at least 2 Zoos that kept them. Just don't know if they are currently kept anywhere

I did a little research a while ago and, as far as I can remember, there’s only been one river dolphin born (or at least bred) in captivity ever (of any species) - I could be wrong though -and overall they do very, very badly in captivity.....

I did a little research a while ago and, as far as I can remember, there’s only been one river dolphin born (or at least bred) in captivity ever (of any species) - I could be wrong though -and overall they do very, very badly in captivity.....
Ok, I thought River Dolphins would be easier to keep than other Cetaceans and not the other Way around. At least this explains why they at least aren't kept in EAZA Zoos anymore

The husbandry of Amazonas River dolphins was a desaster, mainly because it happened in the earlier days of Cetacean husbandry. Here is what I wrote after the last one died
The last Boto outside South America died on the 21.12.2020 in Duisburg, Germany. It was the last Boto of a group of 5 that came to Duisburg in 1975

According to zoochat, it seems, that there is only one Boto in captivity in an Zoo in Peru left. There was a breeding group in a Zoo in Venezuela that died a couple of years ago.

There were more than 70 river dolphins imported to US Zoos in the 60s and 70s. The last one died in the early 2000s.

All in all, the husbandry of Botos was a disaster. A few of them survived for a long time (usually after their group died), but most of them died after a few months in captivity. A lot of the dolphins died because of rather easily avoidable mistakes like to big group sizes (which resulted in stress and even the dead of some smaller group members in fights), the import of already sick, injured or old animals (which died rather quickly) and inadequate habitats (eg many Botos didn't have a shallow part to sleep on)

It really is a shame how this fascinating and unique animal was treated by us humans

frankly I do not want cetaceans like whales and sperm whales and narwhals and porpoises and dolphins except the bottlenose dolphin and the orca. For the big sharks, I don't want them either. On the other hand, small sharks, I would like to have them like the Sleeper shark or Nurse shark. Even if I really like cetaceans and sharks like the Tiger shark.

@m1randacosgrove this has been up many times in the past and the majority of the community prefer no dolphins or whales. I truthfully would probably buy such a pack eventually towards the end of the games life. Although I much prefer the typical modern day zoo animals.
Why? I mean I get it you want this game to stay educational but think about how much fun we had making these habitats in ZT and ZT2

B

Because the game aims to educate about conservation and animal welfare. These aims would be totally undermined by the inclusion of ceteceans.
That's true! But there's a way of making this possible. Clinic for these animals. Open sea underwater viewing...And many more options. We don't get education about these animals but doing nothing will kill them also in the wild if you know what I mean...

I think a game with some of those options would be doable. But this game is a zoo simulator. It’s possible to make wildlife parks etc. but the focus is zoos.

Top Bottom