Marine Mania DLC

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
We would like to have definitely sea animals DLC in this game. (as in zoo tycoon 2) (Orca show, dolphin show, sealions, beluga, turtle, sharks and more... ) :)

Last edited:
I uploaded a video to my Youtube channel. I started a small poll on the video. According to the poll, ten out of ten people, including me, said yes to all of them. If roughly one hundred people had participated in the survey, only ten of them would say no. (at most). Don't let us down. Don't break our hearts. Look what they want in the poll. :) We are confident that you will do your already marine Mania DLC. :) we had some wishes. planet zoo and frontier! We are sure you will consider us :)

I will continue to update the survey data.
If you want to join the survey, you can go to my video:
Source: https://youtu.be/xiNFt3yEiQE

:) (Survey data updated)

Last edited:
I'd rather have these animals upon release in the base game. Saves me a DLC....

We don't even know what is in the base game, but the DLC requests are already here. :unsure:

Either way, I support the addition of sea life.

I didn't understand what you meant at first.
But you're right, the planet zoo didn't come out. DLC early to talk.
We wanted like to point out that the Marine Mania DLC should definitely come. :)

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
O, I would like marine animals as well.

I just thought it was a bit too early to talk DLC's ;)

I am almost certain we will get a marine park paid DLC for planet zoo. I would be very, very surprised if it wasn't. With the amount of potential content that could be added in such an expansion Frontier could easily, and quite reasonably, charge near the same price as the base game if the expansion adds enough to the game. I don't think it will be the first expansion, I think we are more likely to see a regional animal pack first (e.g. Australian Outback or the like) but perhaps a year or so post-release we might see marine animals.

I expect we won't get any marine animals in the base game with the exception of perhaps penguins, polar bears, maybe otters? But no fish or seals or the like, nor much in the way of building aquariums unless on a small scale. I am hoping the base game will allow us to at least simulate tank building (underwater viewing areas for penguins, bears and hippos are some of my favourite IRL enclosure designs) but if not the expansion would implement a system for this. Tank building alone is a pretty big addition IMO.

Underwater viewing tunnels would be my big hope in terms of construction - anything else I could hope for is, probably, already going to be in the base game, if construction works anything like PlanCo :) Any animals I could want are fairly standard for a marine zoo expansion too, so I'm pretty hopeful all around!

I like your description. I definitely agree with you. :)
would probably be like we said. :)
I trust, I think frontier will not disappoint us. :)

Deleted member 110222

D
And glorify the barbaric practice of keeping creatures that naturally migrate the entire globe, in tiny tanks?

Look, land-based animals are fine in zoos. It's a helluva' lot easier to create a suitable, healthy environment for land-based critters.

But the whole "Orca show" fad is a stunt that should have died decades years ago. Please don't normalise bad treatment.

Interesting. I think you have a problem understanding. I disagree with what you say. This is a very simple solution. You don't buy DLC if you don't want to. It's that simple. But don't come in here and protest! I did a survey and didn't interfere. As it is seen in the survey, it is obvious that what people want. Do not interfere with our wishes! You're saying irrelevant things. I'm sick of repeating the same things...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 110222

D
Interesting. I think you have a problem understanding. I disagree with what you say. This is a very simple solution. You don't buy DLC if you don't want to. It's that simple. But don't come in here and protest! I did a survey and didn't interfere. As it is seen in the survey, it is obvious that what people want. Do not interfere with our wishes! You're saying irrelevant things. I'm sick of repeating the same things...
I'm replying here because I'm not going to let you take the cowardly way out with that cheeky no-context PM.

If you want a discussion with me, then everyone is going to see it.

It is well known that Orcas in captivity are not living healthy lives.

I very much suspect this game has a lot of potential to raise awareness for endangered species, but that means in my opinion there are things we shouldn't have, as well as things we should.

Captive whales are one such thing. I would hope this game helps people understand the proverbial thread many creatures are hanging on right now, in the modern world.

Sometimes, absence speaks louder than presence. In my opinion, and many qualified expert's opinion, whales have no place in captivity. You are not going to change my mind.

Now, to address your complaints about my protests. This is a forum, not an echo chamber. That means that you will encounter opinions that contradict your own. You are entitled to your opinion, and I am not stopping you from expressing this. I'm just arguing against it. There is a difference.

I see you only have 16 posts here. I have 22k posts in total. Believe me, the numbers prove I have much, much more forum experience than you. I'm going to assume from your post that this is your first forum.

Again, forums are for debates. I am entitled to disagree with you.

Furthermore, I have good reason to report your post now, for circumventing the swear filter.

Last edited by a moderator:
We want orca and orca shows in the game. As you can see in the survey. The results are clear. There's no need to make a lot of talk.

Deleted member 110222

D
We want orca and orca shows in the game. As you can see in the survey. The results are clear. There's no need to make a lot of talk.
30-something respondents isn't a very good sample size for a product with the potential to sell thousands of copies.

Furthermore, think about the image that FD themselves want to promote themselves with.

A simple Google search of "whales in captivity" will yield you many results detailing why Orcas do not live healthy lives in zoos/marine parks. These papers are often published by accomplished marine-biologists with years upon years of proven academic and field study. With respect, I take the word of one such person far more seriously than your little survey that has failed to reach even fifty people, and you providing no evidence of your research into the welfare of captive whales.

What I'm saying is, the whole captive whales thing is losing a lot of good light in the public eye. Why would Frontier want to condone something that many people oppose?

• Like (+1)
The rate is important. If roughly one hundred people were involved in the survey, ten of them would say no. And you're insulting people. What do you mean, 30 people have joined your small survey? These 30 people are not human?

Un1korn is allowed to express his/her opinion.

I don't think Orca's or Dolphins belong in zoo's for our entertainment, that is my opinion. It would be hypocrite of me to say I'm fine with them in being in a game.

But, I'm not going to disapprove with this request. But if I would, that would be because I want devs to focus on other stuff.

But it's not nice to say to people they are not allowed to express their opinion. If you agree or not.
You should counter that with arguments why its okay for it being in the game, not sending people away.

And I agree with Un1korn. 30 is not a lot. Get 10.000 and we could talk further.

I do want other Marine animals though.

Last edited:
The rate is important. If roughly one hundred people were involved in the survey, ten of them would say no. And you're insulting people. What do you mean, 30 people have joined your small survey? These 30 people are not human?
A smaller sample size often produces skewed or biased data. The larger a sample size you can get, the better quality of data you will get
30 people is just a small sample size, that's all

• Like (+1)
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom