Game Discussions Mass Effect remastered!

Yeah, I'd much prefer they made more great new games than constantly reheating old ones. I mean, they have them right there and can see the things people liked! It can't be that hard to not churn out another FPS.

Maybe it's an attempt to resurrect the IP after the damage Andromeda did. Release a remaster for current and next-gen consoles, gain new fans and release a new title following the remaster while it's fresh in the memory of gamers. Personally I look very much forward to this, I rank the trilogy as one of my all time favourite games.

Maybe it's an attempt to resurrect the IP after the damage Andromeda did. Release a remaster for current and next-gen consoles, gain new fans and release a new title following the remaster while it's fresh in the memory of gamers. Personally I look very much forward to this, I rank the trilogy as one of my all time favourite games.
But that ending though..... Ooof. It was a total kick to the balls.

I'm not very interested in remastered games that are essentially just reskins...I am content to play the originals, if they are available.

That said, if there are enough changes to make something a new experience, or a whole new game, then I'm more likely to take a look.

Being that one guy who thought every single thing changed for the worse after the first game, I can't muster much enthusiasm for what they'd be likely to do to it, if a remaster were to happen. :p

I woulnd't mind playing 2 and 3 with the better RPGness of the 1st, they simplified things a lot in the final 2. I also missed the planet side missions (albeit they were incredibly simple, good at the time though). Wasn't a big fan of the "probing" that replaced it.

Currently bouncing around planets in the SRV Mako, would look to see what a remastered offered, but fairly happy with where the games currently are.

Of course if they got shot of the scanning in ME2 then I'd buy in a heartbeat.

Well that and the global cooldowns.
And the limited weapons.
Oh and the limited skill tree.

Then I'd look at ME2.

Currently bouncing around planets in the SRV Mako, would look to see what a remastered offered, but fairly happy with where the games currently are.

Of course if they got shot of the scanning in ME2 then I'd buy in a heartbeat.

Well that and the global cooldowns.
And the limited weapons.
Oh and the limited skill tree.

Then I'd look at ME2.
Friend of mine recently restarted trilogy with ALOT and mods and that. There is scanning basically done in 1 click mods. I can only recommend looking at some mods. There is times when the mere thought of scanning prevented me from starting a new run. And I somehow dont think they touch that for a cheap and quick remaster.

Friend of mine recently restarted trilogy with ALOT and mods and that. There is scanning basically done in 1 click mods. I can only recommend looking at some mods. There is times when the mere thought of scanning prevented me from starting a new run. And I somehow dont think they touch that for a cheap and quick remaster.

I doubt anything important will change. Just the graphics, and maybe improve compatibility with new OS's (looking at ME1 here mainly)

If it's just a graphics change I certainly wont bother. I rarely even bother with the ALOT stuff.

:love: Well it’s no secret that I absolutely love the trilogy, I just hope they will change the ending as that last one was not okay.

Didn't they "fix" the ending of ME3 with DLC? This is one of the things that has been keeping me from playing ME3; I want to play a definitive version of the game, don't want to mess with the hassle of buying the game piecemeal and dealing with DLC packages.

I finally finished Mass Effect 2 a week ago. Steam version. By god it's a pain trying to play that game now that EA has completely changed the way their DRM works, and abandoned support for all their DLC. I get a popup message every time I start up the game telling me, essentially, that I don't have the right to play all of the content I own for it. And if I try to boot up my save, the game refuses and explains that my savegame is dependent on the DLC, therefore I do not have the right to open my save file.

Eventually "fixed" it, but the end result is that I had to create an account with EA's store, and type in my credentials in-game EVERY time I boot up the game, after clicking through all the "you don't have the right to play your own game" popups that show up. And the icing on the cake is that the login window does not support cut-and-paste, so I have to manually type in my password, which is a randomly generated password that is NOT fun to type in and has me tabbing back and forth between my password manager and the game window over and over again. And the game doesn't save these credentials, if I close the game and start it up again, I have to go through the same nonsense, every single time I play. Which is why I more or less abandoned the game for a year. tl;dr: EA deserves all the hate it has ever received, and then some.

Anyway I liked Mass Effect 2 overall, although the ending was very "Empire Strikes Back" in the sense that it more or less amounted to the main characters staring out of a spaceship window and a tone of "Stay Tuned for The Next Game!"

ME3 went on sale pretty close to the time I finished ME2, and I think I probably went to the EA store website on three separate occasions, hovered my mouse over the "purchase" button, and said "nah."

If EA releases a remastered trilogy as a complete standalone no-nonsense package, with all the DLC built in, I'll probably buy it, because I'd like to finish the series.

Top Bottom