Mass Purchase of Imperial Slaves

Well, looks like this didn't go away - although it's not yet gone in the direction I thought...

We may just get some context to Imperial Slavery, but there may be a CG in it somewhere.

Shouldn't we just be transporting them (4000 odd) from Eotienses to their home worlds (they have been freed now)...I would kit a transporter for that...

Well, looks like this didn't go away - although it's not yet gone in the direction I thought...

We may just get some context to Imperial Slavery, but there may be a CG in it somewhere.

Further Disorder at Port Isabelle
Unrest at Port Isabelle has continued to grow, following the forced emancipation of Imperial slaves by activist group Autonomy. Many of the freed individuals have besieged government buildings, demanding to be returned to slavery so they can fulfil their former contracts.

(Source: GalNet)

Galnet

IISS Detains Former Imperial Slaves
The Imperial Internal Security Service has moved to apprehend the Imperial slaves who were forcibly emancipated on Eotienses A 3.
Captain Madoc Evander made this announcement:
“An IISS taskforce was despatched to Port Isabelle to address the civil disorder arising from the release of 4,000 Imperial slaves, freed without financial support or recognised status. The troops successfully located all the liberated individuals and detained them in temporary holding areas.”
“We have also arrested members of the radical group Autonomy for their role in this situation. Their spokesperson, Garrett Kline, has been charged with manslaughter, having crushed several rioting ex-slaves with his ship while attempting to escape the area.”
“I’m pleased to report that any damage caused within the city is under repair, and disrupted services are resuming. As yet we are uncertain how to process the emancipated, but discussions with Port Isabelle authorities and other parties are underway.”

Technicaly this is all ready over...

Yikes - what is the message here? Slaves wanna be slaves? Lock em'm up. Slavery is better for social order? I would actually have preferred a cg to transport these guys to alliance systems or ship in bounty hunters/slavers to cap them.

Yikes - what is the message here? Slaves wanna be slaves? Lock em'm up. Slavery is better for social order? I would actually have preferred a cg to transport these guys to alliance systems or ship in bounty hunters/slavers to cap them.
Well that is another way to deal with the debt problem that made them sign up for Indentured Servitude/Imperial Slavery in the first place.

"An IISS taskforce was despatched to Port Isabelle to address the civil disorder arising from the release of 4,000 Imperial slaves, freed without financial support or recognised status. The troops successfully located all the liberated individuals and detained them in temporary holding areas.”..."As yet we are uncertain how to process the emancipated, but discussions with Port Isabelle authorities and other parties are underway.”
It's interesting because critics would say that 'detained them in temporary holding areas' is the key language here. The moustache-twirling, 'cartoon baddie', slavery-hobos are at it again...
Bur if Imperial Slavery is what lore says it is, then these people should simply be provided food and shelter in preparation for their 'redeployment'. Or be provided with Imperial State assistance in preparation for their repatriation.
It's also a bit daft that IISS is 'uncertain how to process the emancipated' as their status is either:
1. Imperial Slave
2. Imperial non-Slave
If 1 then find em a new job. If 2 then send em home. Regardless it should probably be dealt with by someone such as the ISA rather than IISS. Given it's been in Galnet for a few weeks now I'd have thought someone from the "IMPERIAL SLAVE ASSOCIATION" might have had the insight to give it some attention? Clue's in the name guys...
Easiest fix for this is get em to repair all the damage they supposedly caused in Port Isabelle then call it quits. Covers all bases. But that seems to cut and dried. This has legs yet I reckon. Hope so anyway.
Only problem is we STILL don't know enough about how Imperial Slavery actually works.
If it's ISA that sold the labour to Autonomy then as there was no work to do then they should be done with their servitude. Pat on the back for your service, have a nice life.
BUT...
If the Imperial Slaves themselves make a contract with ISA to work for X days, weeks, months, years and ISA send them to Autonomy who 'forcibly emancipate em' then ISA will want them back.
I'm STILL hoping that further Galnets will clarify this to those Imperial citizens among us who SHOULD really already know this stuff - given how apparently integral it is to our WHOLE SOCIETY. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
More news
Blue haired space girl takes over... after ISS arives ( Elite Dangerous news letter 272 exclusive report so far Now in galnet... )

Unchain Purchases Imperial Slaves
Anti-slavery charity Unchain has officially purchased the 4,000 Imperial slaves emancipated against their will on Eotienses A 3. Charity patron Princess Aisling Duval stressed that the slaves would be well cared for, stating the transaction was simply a practical solution to an Imperial-made problem.

Last edited:
Galnet update...

The anti-slavery charity Unchain has officially purchased the 4,000 Imperial slaves who were forcibly freed on Eotienses A 3.

Princess Aisling Duval, the charity’s patron, gave the following statement to the press:

“The contracts of all those liberated against their will have been acquired by Unchain. They will be properly cared for while they work to build a new Unchain headquarters in Port Isabelle. This will allow them to pay off their debts and become free citizens once more.”

When pressed further by journalists, Princess Aisling offered a wry smile along with her explanation:

“I’m well aware of the irony of an anti-slavery organisation hiring Imperial slaves. We do this only to prevent further suffering at Port Isabelle and undo some of the damage caused by Autonomy. Allow me to specify that this is a practical solution to a problem of the Empire’s own making.”

“The indentured servitude system may seem honourable, but – as recent events prove – it leaves people vulnerable to abuse and neglect. Unchain remains dedicated to replacing the barbaric practice of slavery with more civilised welfare and employment programmes.”

There seems to be a lot i do not understand about how impbslavery works based on these galnet articles.

If the slaves were already purchased why was freeing them an issue? If you refinance debt and the new owner of the debt cancel it or forgive it you would no longer owe the debt. If slavery is contract based can it not be updates or ammendend by consent of all conserned parties?

Is it stands they were apparently purchased twice. Where or to whom doe all these credits go to?

Since slavery is largely about honour and the benevolence of the upper classes like patreus, the lorens, and the duvals etc why is the kindness of early release such an issue?

There seems to be a lot i do not understand about how impbslavery works based on these galnet articles.

If the slaves were already purchased why was freeing them an issue? If you refinance debt and the new owner of the debt cancel it or forgive it you would no longer owe the debt. If slavery is contract based can it not be updates or ammendend by consent of all conserned parties?

Is it stands they were apparently purchased twice. Where or to whom doe all these credits go to?

Since slavery is largely about honour and the benevolence of the upper classes like patreus, the lorens, and the duvals etc why is the kindness of early release such an issue?
I think the debt isn't cancelled until the contract is completed, but matters of honour are always obscure to those from another society.

tldr look up Debt Buyers... that's basically what's going on.

There's a lot more going on under the hood WRT imperial slavery, but the exchange of said people works like that.

I'm thinking bring the imperial slaves and materials to an empire system, a fed system, and an alliance system to build new stadiums in a bid for which faction gets to host the universe cup in sideball. The next development of that being that we can all play or watch Sideball: A coriolis station at each end. Two teams of 3 sidewinders. Use transfer limpets to pass the ball, and either hatch breakers to tackle or just blow the opponent up. First to get the ball through the opposing team's coriolis station mail slot three times wins.

It would be kind of topical.

Top Bottom